Outsourcing development is one of the modern development tools. It allows you to make it efficient, high-quality, but, most importantly, cheaper. Therefore it’s more competitive.
Outsourcing of software development is the retraining of functions for coding, testing and supporting a software product to a third-party team of programmers. It is not part of the customer company. As in any industry, outsourcing development is the search for third-party contracting teams capable of effectively completing a task of enterprise software development.
This development format is very popular in the world for several reasons:
- It is difficult for small development teams to compete with the giants of the IT industry. And therefore they retrain and take outsourcing contracts from different companies. They do not want to create their own programming teams.
- There is a cheaper labor force. It’s no secret that product development in the CIS or Asia will be cheaper than in Europe, USA, Canada, Australia. And quality does not suffer. Therefore, many IT companies “from there” outsource cheaper teams of programmers.
- The use of outsourcing programmers labor in some cases can save about 30-65% of software development costs.
Outsourcing development by DICEUS most often includes the development of the following web products:
- web applications;
- Android and iOS applications;
- video games;
- software for analytics and process automation;
- scientific software;
- and etc.
What is most interesting is that different companies give their development to outsourcing of programmers. Both very large with world names and small startups. Both specialized in the IT industry and non-core companies. That is, any company that cares about cost optimization is able to outsource its developments.
What are the advantages of outsourcing development
Software development outsourcing provides the following benefits:
- Concentration on one’s own activities. That is, when the entire labor-intensive development process is transferred to a third-party company. This enables the customer company to conduct its own activities more focused.
- Less software development costs. As we already wrote, in most cases, outsourcing development is much cheaper than in-house development. And any self-respecting business knows how to calculate costs. Therefore, if there is a chance, with proper quality, to save your own money, then why not take advantage of it?
- Accelerated software development process. As a rule, outsourcing programming is performed by teams of professionals who know what and how to do efficiently. And quickly. Therefore, there is no need to spend time searching and assembling your own team. Then adapting and training them for the product, etc. Most often, such outsourcing companies have all the necessary tools and technologies to carry out the development process quickly, efficiently and according to your requirements.
- Flexibility. Outsourcing of programmers allows you to use their work exactly when the customer needs it. That is, it can be a one-time task or a list of reusable tasks. It doesn’t matter. As soon as the need for development is ripe to adapt to the modern market, outsourcing companies are always there.
- Competent look. Outsourcing development is not only the development process itself, but also a fresh, professional, competent view of the IT product itself. It is highly likely that the outsourcing company will be able to advise or show more worthy solutions than previously planned.
Despite all the advantages, outsourcing software development has a downside. These are disadvantages.