Civilization VI is a popular turn-based strategy game that was first released in 2016, but some players keep complaining that civ6 not launching. In this type of game, players can choose from the different cultures and develop them through an early resolution to a world skill. Linux, iOS, Windows, PlayStation 4, macOS, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One platform are available. Since this is a tough game, there will be instances of problems. We will deal with Civilization VI in this advanced instalment of the problem-solving range.
Why Civ 6 Not Launching?
There’s an awkward Civilization VI crash which causes the play to hang on for as long as it takes to load from the Windows 7, 10 or Mac epic launchers. Reddit User Turdas found that this is because of Windows Defender, which tends, when Civilization VI is added, to scanning the entire game in real-time.
To avoid this, in Windows Defender, you can allow the game. Enter the defender settings in the start menu on Windows 10. Shift to Exclusions, then exclude; you’re to choose the ultimate option, exclude a.exe process, then join CivilizationVI.exe. That must prevent this specific Civilization VI crash virus from scanning the play from Windows Defender.
Civilization VI offers new methods for your world: cities are now being physically expanded within, functional technology studies, as well as culture, are being carried out, and competing leaders are unlocking the newest ability, depending on their historical features, for which one out of five methods are being chosen to win the match.
How to Fix Civ 6 Not Launching issue? (5 Easy Guide)
First, restart your machine before beginning any of the following problem-solving steps. This improves the system and clears any corrupt temporary data that could trigger the problem. Many factors, from obsolete software to a compromised driver, may trigger this particular problem. Few are the troubleshooting steps you will need to take to solve this issue before you continue checking if your systems fulfil the minimum specifications for this game.
Fix 1: Install DirectX
Make sure you have all essential DirectX files on your device installed.
- Check out the website: www.microsoft.com.
- Save DirectX Web Installer folder for end-user runtime.
- To install DirectX, open the downloaded file.
- Reboot your system.
Check-in case the problem will still not be opened by the Civ6.
Fix 2: Update Your Graphics Drivers
A major issue with the graphic driver is Civ VI’s failure to boot. It might be a degenerated display driver for your device, or it may be older. You need to uninstall the driver and install the latest driver update in order to resolve this. If you have an NVIDIA card, follow the following steps:
- To invoke the Run option, please click Win+R (Windows logo key plus R key).
- Enter and pick OK for MSConfig. The configurations of the system would appear afterwards.
- Pick the Boot option when the System Configuration starts. See Safe Boot, and tap OK under Boot alternative.
- When you have rebooted your system to make these changes, select Reboot to Safe Mode.
- Pick This PC option and go to Local Disk C to get into the local hard drive location. The NVIDIA folder must be located. Click on the delete button with a right-click.
- Choose Run and select Run. Start. On the desktop, you can see the Run dialog box.
- Enter the device manager window in the execution box and then tap OK. Enter “devmgmt. msc“
- Extend the pitch of the “Display Adapters.” This stacks all the machine-equipped network adapters. Turn right on the Nvidia adapter and choose “Uninstall.”
- To uninstall the tool, select the “OK” option. The connector would be removed from the stack, and the driver uninstalled.
- To adjure the run box, click Win+R (Windows logo and R key).
- Enter and pick OK for MSConfig. It is unlocked after the system settings.
- Pick the Boot option when the System Configuration opens. Undelete Safe Boot under Boot alternatives, then type OK.
Fix 3: Reinstall Civilization VI
If the next steps do not resolve the issue, the play needs to be reinstalled and reinstalled. The only Steam customer opened then visited the Library. At the left corner of the screen, Civ6 can be tested, right-clicked and Manage selected. You must check for the uninstall option by managing the connection and tap on it. If the game takes away, restart and install your machine. Check-in case the problem of Civilization VI will not yet open.
Fix 4: Add Exclusion For Civ 6 To repair loading issues with Windows Defender.
The Windows Defender is the way it saves all kinds of jazz and malware. Nevertheless, it seems like Microsoft’s anti-virus protection is getting a little rougher with Civ 6 folders in Windows 10 before Firaxis and Microsoft has a bit of a conversation about Civ 6.
This causes the game to load either perpetually for too long. This is how the Civ 6 exclusion in the application can be included so that you are alone:
- Click the Start Menu, and select Configuration, then go to Update and Security and select Windows Defender.
- To run the full application on this computer, you are not allowed to click on the button; hence ignore it.
- Scroll down and look for an ‘Exclusions’ header.
- After Excluding a File, click Add Exclusion.
- Go to your Civ 6 installer and announce the Defender is what you want to rule out.
- This will be C:\Program files Steam\steamapps\ Sid Meier’s Civilization VI for several of you – or a number of variations depending on where you told Steam to install games.
Sound problems – Few players complain of sound problems, such as desynchronization, cracking, or playing sounds quite quickly or simply not—sound issues. See the ‘Settings’ option in the main menu and tap the ‘Audio’ tab and reduce the sound quality to 16-bit. Sound features are reduced.
Fix 5: Civ 6 hangs or crashes on the loading screen or takes a very long time to load
At the weekend, this seems to be a widespread issue. Fortunately, the answer is fairly simple; both on Reddit and on CivFanatics, it says the Windows Defender is a problem.
Start by adding the Civ 6 file exclusion. Visit ‘Settings’ and then ‘Update and Security in Windows 10 on the start menu. Tap Add Exclusion and then Exclude Folder. Tap Exclude Folder. Download and prefer your Civ 6 file. In this way, you can always claim the Windows Defender stops doing something that works for Civ 6. Try again excluding your entire Steam folder in the event that it does not function.
Civ 6 from Windows Firewall may also be enabled. Tap on the ‘Allow an app over Windows Firewall’ button and then pass it down to Civ 6 for Windows Firewall. If you still have trouble, you can usually try to disable Windows Defender, but this needs to be a final solution.
I hope that the most common errors can be fixed before Firaxis can permanently repair them. Let us know if there are issues still with you!
FAQs- Civ 6 Not Launching issues
Why does my Civ 6 keep crashing?
Is there a fix for this kind of crashing? If it doesn't crash then, it is one of the mods – something may have been changed or updated, causing a conflict. If it still crashes with NO mods, try validating the game files in Steam; if it still doesn't work, you may need to try a complete uninstall/reinstall.
Why does Civ 6 take so long to load?
If you have nonsensical long load screens for civilization VI, in which it is loaded indefinitely in Windows 10, the most popular problem seems to be that any Windows Defender blocks a vital game file.
Does Civ 6 autosave?
Each time, the software saves the game automatically. (In the Screen Options, you can adjust the frequency of such autosaves) Click “AutoSave,” then the auto-saving game you want to be playing, and click on “Load Game.” You will be able to load a self-saving game by using the Load Games screen.
How do I enable Civ 6 in the firewall?
Go to Search for Windows and type “Windows Firewall,” and then use the firewall to pick “Enable Apps or Function.” Click on Setting Changes and Download until you see Civilization VI of Sid Meier and ensure the private and public marks are verified.