If you are a foreign-educated nurse who wants to work in the United States, you may need to apply for a certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS).
CGFNS is a non-profit organization that evaluates the credentials and qualifications of nurses who have been educated outside the US.
CGFNS also offers various services and programs to help nurses prepare for the US licensing exams and immigration process.
To access these services and programs, you need to create and login to your CGFNS account.
What is CGFNS and Why Do You Need to Login?
CGFNS is the Commission on Foreign Nursing School Graduates. The organization was founded in 1977 to evaluate and certify foreign-trained nurses.
Foreign-educated nurses must fulfill US healthcare standards, according to CGFNS. CGFNS provides services and activities to assist nurses prepare for the NCLEX-RN, NCLEX-PN, and immigration processes. The following services and programs are:
- CGFNS Certification Program (CP): This three-part program includes a credentials assessment, qualifying exam, and English language competency test. The CP is needed by several US states for foreign-educated nurses applying for a license or taking the NCLEX-RN test.
- VisaScreen®: Visa Credentials Assessment: This is a comprehensive screening service that verifies the credentials, education, licensure, and English language proficiency of foreign-educated healthcare professionals who want to work in the US under certain visa categories.
- Credentials Evaluation Service (CES): This is a service that evaluates the academic and professional credentials of foreign-educated nurses and compares them to US standards. The CES report can be used for various purposes, such as applying for a license, enrolling in an education program, or seeking employment in the US.
- Credentials Verification Service (CVS): This is a service that verifies the authenticity and validity of the credentials of foreign-educated nurses who want to apply for a license in New York or Florida.
- Academic Report (AR): This is a service that provides a detailed analysis of the academic records of foreign-educated nurses who want to pursue further education or research in the US.
- Certified True Copy (CTC): This is a service that provides certified copies of original documents that have been submitted to CGFNS for evaluation or verification.
- International Consultants of Delaware (ICD): This is a division of CGFNS that specializes in evaluating the credentials of foreign-educated professionals from various fields, such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, etc.
To apply for any of these services or programs, you need to create and login to your CGFNS account. Your CGFNS account is your personal online portal where you can:
- Submit your application and pay the fees
- Upload your documents and track their status
- Schedule your exams and view your scores
- Request your reports and certificates
- Update your personal information and contact details
- Communicate with CGFNS staff and authorized agents
- Access helpful resources and tips
How to Create a CGFNS Account?
Creating a CGFNS account is easy and free. You just need to follow these steps:
- Go to the CGFNS website and click on “Create Account” at the top right corner.
- Enter your personal email address and click on “Next”. This email address will be used to log into your CGFNS account and receive important notifications from CGFNS. Make sure you use an email address that you check regularly and have access to.
- Enter your personal information, such as your name, date of birth, country of birth, country of citizenship, etc. Make sure you enter your information exactly as it appears on your official documents. Click on “Next”.
- Choose a username and password for your CGFNS account. Your username must be 6 to 50 characters long and can contain letters and numbers only. Your password must be 8 to 20 characters long and must contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number, and one special character. Click on “Next”.
- Review your information and click on “Create Account”. You will receive an email from CGFNS with a link to verify your email address. Click on the link within 24 hours to activate your CGFNS account.
Step-by-step Guide to Logging into Your CGFNS Account
Once you have created and verified your CGFNS account, you can log in anytime to access your online portal. Here are the steps to log in to your CGFNS account:
- Go to the CGFNS website and click on “Login” at the top right corner.
- Enter your email address and password and click on “Login”. You will be directed to your dashboard where you can see your profile, applications, documents, exams, reports, messages, and settings.
- If you have forgotten your email address or password, you can click on “Forgot Email” or “Forgot Password” and follow the instructions to reset them.
Exploring the Features and Services Available in Your CGFNS Account
Your CGFNS account is your one-stop shop for applying and managing your CGFNS services and programs. Here are some of the features and services that you can explore in your CGFNS account:
- Profile: This is where you can view and update your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, email, etc. You can also upload a photo of yourself for identification purposes.
- Applications: This is where you can start a new application or continue an existing one for any of the CGFNS services or programs. You can also view the status, fees, deadlines, and requirements of your applications. You can also cancel or withdraw your applications if needed.
- Documents: This is where you can upload, view, and manage the documents that you need to submit to CGFNS for evaluation or verification. These documents may include your transcripts, diplomas, licenses, certificates, test scores, etc. You can also request a CTC service for any of your documents.
- Exams: This is where you can schedule, reschedule, or cancel your exams for the CP or VisaScreen® programs. You can also view your exam scores and results.
- Reports: This is where you can request, view, and download your reports or certificates for the CES, CVS, AR, CP, or VisaScreen® programs. You can also send your reports or certificates to third parties, such as state boards of nursing, education institutions, or employers.
- Messages: This is where you can communicate with CGFNS staff or authorized agents regarding your applications, documents, exams, reports, or any other questions or concerns. You can also view the messages that CGFNS has sent you regarding important updates or notifications.
- Settings: This is where you can change your password, security questions, email preferences, language preferences, etc.
Troubleshooting Common Login Issues
If you encounter any problems while logging into your CGFNS account, here are some possible solutions that you can try:
- If you have forgotten your email address or password, you can click on “Forgot Email” or “Forgot Password” on the login page and follow the instructions to reset them. You will need to provide some information to verify your identity and receive a link to reset them.
- If you have entered the wrong email address or password, you can try again by clicking on “Back” on the login page and entering the correct information. Make sure that you do not have any typos or caps lock on.
- If you have not verified your email address, you will not be able to log into your CGFNS account. You need to check your email for a verification link from CGFNS and click on it within 24 hours of creating your account. If you have not received the email, you can request a new one by clicking on “Resend Verification Email” on the login page.
- If you have encountered a technical error or a system outage, you may need to wait for a few minutes and try again later. You can also check the CGFNS website for any announcements or updates regarding the system status. If the problem persists, you can contact CGFNS customer support by phone, email, or chat.
Frequently Asked Questions About CGFNS Login
Here are some of the common questions that users may have about CGFNS login and their answers:
1. How do I change my email address for my CGFNS account?
You can change your email address for your CGFNS account by following these steps:
- Log into your CGFNS account and go to “Settings”.
- Click on “Change Email Address” and enter your current password and your new email address.
- Click on “Save Changes” and check your new email for a confirmation link from CGFNS.
- Click on the link within 24 hours to verify your new email address.
2. How do I delete my CGFNS account?
You can delete your CGFNS account by following these steps:
- Log into your CGFNS account and go to “Settings”.
- Click on “Delete Account” and enter your password and a reason for deleting your account.
- Click on “Confirm” and wait for a confirmation message from CGFNS.
- Your CGFNS account will be deleted within 30 days and all your data will be erased.
3. How do I recover my CGFNS account if I have lost access to my email address?
If you have lost access to the email address that is associated with your CGFNS account, you can try to recover your account by following these steps:
- Go to the login page and click on “Forgot Email”.
- Enter your name, date of birth, country of birth, country of citizenship, and the last four digits of your credit card that you used to pay for any CGFNS service or program.
- Click on “Submit” and wait for a message from CGFNS with instructions on how to access your account.
- If you do not receive the message or if you do not have the required information, you can contact CGFNS customer support by phone, email, or chat.