Blackboard is a learning management system (LMS) that Texas Tech University (TTU) uses to deliver online courses and enhance face-to-face classes. Blackboard provides various tools and features that can help students and instructors communicate, collaborate, and learn online.
In this article, we will explain the basics of Blackboard at TTU, the login process, and the benefits of using Blackboard for your academic success.
Basics of Blackboard @ Texas Tech University
To access Blackboard at TTU, you need to have a valid TTU eRaider account, which is your username and password for most TTU services. You can log in to Blackboard from any web browser or use the Blackboard mobile app on your smartphone or tablet. Here are some important information and resources that you should know before logging into Blackboard:
- Logging into Blackboard Learn: You can access Blackboard Learn by visiting the official website or the direct link. You will need to enter your eRaider username and password to log in. If you have any trouble logging in, you can contact IT Help Central at 806-742-4357 (HELP) or [email protected].
- Student Assistance: If you are a student and need assistance with Blackboard, you can contact the following support services:
- For general questions and technical issues, you can email [email protected] or call 806-742-4357 (HELP).
- For online/distance students and TTU Costa Rica students, you can visit the online student resources page for more information and support.
- For troubleshooting tips, browser checker, and supported browsers for Blackboard, you can visit the Blackboard 9 troubleshooting page.
- Instructor Assistance: If you are an instructor and need assistance with Blackboard, you can contact the following support services:
- For transitioning to an online class, developing a course, or facilitating student learning, you can email [email protected] or call 806-742-5933.
- For 24/7 help portal with live chat and knowledge base, you can visit the faculty support portal or call 844-897-0537 (Toll-Free) or 806-853-5153 (Local).
- For requesting a development shell, accessing Blackboard tutorials, FAQs, training information, and archival policy, you can visit the faculty Blackboard support page.
- NCAA Compliance: If you are an instructor and have student-athletes in your course, you should be aware that athletic academic advisors have “observer” access in Blackboard for their student-athletes. Observer access provides limited view-only course progress and performance information. If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact the Office of the Provost: eLearning & Academic Partnerships at [email protected].
TTU Blackboard Login Process
Once you have your eRaider account and know the basics of Blackboard at TTU, you can log in to Blackboard and access your courses. Here are the steps to log in to Blackboard:
- Entering login details: Go to the official website or the direct link of Blackboard at TTU. You will see a login page where you need to enter your eRaider username and password. Make sure you enter them correctly and do not share them with anyone else.
- Steps to login: After entering your login details, click on the “Login” button. You will be redirected to the Blackboard homepage where you will see your courses listed under “My Courses”. You can click on any course to enter it and view the course content, assignments, grades, announcements, discussions, etc.
Features and Benefits of TTU Blackboard
Blackboard at TTU offers many features and benefits that can enhance your learning experience and help you achieve your academic goals. Some of the features and benefits are:
- Direct access to Eagle Online: Eagle Online is TTU’s student information system where you can register for classes, view your transcript, pay your tuition, apply for graduation, etc. You can access Eagle Online directly from Blackboard by clicking on the “Eagle Online” link under “Tools” on the left sidebar.
- Access to Blackboard Tutorials: If you want to learn more about how to use Blackboard effectively, you can access various tutorials and guides from Blackboard by clicking on the “Blackboard Tutorials” link under “Tools” on the left sidebar. You will find videos and documents that cover topics such as navigating Blackboard, submitting assignments, taking tests, participating in discussions, etc.
- Communication tools: Blackboard provides various tools that allow you to communicate with your instructors and classmates. You can use the following tools to stay connected and informed:
- Email: You can send and receive emails within Blackboard by clicking on the “Email” link under “Tools” on the left sidebar. You can email your instructor, your classmates, or the entire course. You can also access your TTU email account from Blackboard by clicking on the “TTU Email” link under “Tools” on the left sidebar.
- Announcements: You can view important announcements from your instructor or the course by clicking on the “Announcements” link on the course menu. You can also set up notifications to receive announcements via email or text message.
- Discussions: You can participate in online discussions with your instructor and classmates by clicking on the “Discussions” link on the course menu. You can create new threads, reply to existing threads, and view other posts. Discussions can help you share your ideas, ask questions, and learn from others.
- Collaborate: You can join live online sessions with your instructor and classmates by clicking on the “Collaborate” link on the course menu. You can use audio, video, chat, and whiteboard features to interact and collaborate in real time. Collaborate can help you attend online lectures, presentations, group work, etc.
- Self-help resources: Blackboard provides various resources that can help you with your academic success and personal well-being. You can access the following resources from Blackboard by clicking on the “Resources” link under “Tools” on the left sidebar:
- Academic Support: You can find information and links to various academic support services at TTU, such as tutoring, writing center, library, advising, etc.
- Student Services: You can find information and links to various student services at TTU, such as financial aid, career center, counseling center, student health, etc.
- Student Organizations: You can find information and links to various student organizations at TTU, such as student government, clubs, honor societies, etc.
- Campus Life: You can find information and links to various campus life activities and events at TTU, such as athletics, arts, entertainment, recreation, etc.
Blackboard is a powerful and versatile LMS that TTU uses to deliver online courses and enhance face-to-face classes. By logging into Blackboard with your eRaider account, you can access your courses, communicate with your instructors and classmates, and use various tools and features that can help you learn online. Blackboard also provides you with direct access to Eagle Online and other resources that can support your academic success and personal well-being. Blackboard is a valuable tool that you should use regularly and effectively to make the most of your education at TTU.