The router is nothing but a box-shaped structure that allows the user to join the same network with multiple devices. Devices include smartphones, computers, laptops, etc. It then connects to the modem to provide a smooth internet connection to all the devices.
Many times the users make mistakes in setting up the TP-Link router. Over here, we will be providing you with a full guide to the TP-Link router setup. You can also use these methods to set up other routers as well.
It will be easier for you to set up the router as we continue step by step.
Check Also: Frontier Router Login
The Process to Set up a TP-Link router Setup
To help the users with the TP-Link router setup, we will be discussing the steps below. You won’t face any difficulties performing the steps one after another.
1. Connect with Power Adapter
Keep in mind to use the power adapter that came with the router. First, you have to locate the power cable and connect it to the power source like a protector. The other end of the power cable must be connected to the power input of the router. You will find the power input in the rear location. Now, try to power on the router.
2. Use Cables to Connect with the Modem
The modem provides the local network with an internet connection. Thus, it is very important to connect your router to the modem. Small mistakes can disrupt the connection. The steps are given below:
- Take an ethernet cable and connect the cable to the router. One end must be plugged into the WAN or the internet port.
- You will find the port situated in the rear part of the router, and it will be blue or grey.
- The other end of the cable must be plugin into the LAN or the Ethernet port. The port must also be situated at the rear of your modem, and the color will be yellow.
- This is all you need to connect your router with a wired connection.
3. Logging in
At the very beginning, you have to keep in mind that you need to use a device that is connected to the TP-Link router like your computer. After that, you have to open any recommended browser like Safari, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer.
Now, at the top of the browser in the address bar, you need to type http://tplinkwifi.net. You can also go for the default address at the bottom of the router if the link in the address bar does not work.
There is no harm in trying to connect through the address bar again. You might find the address on the same level as the username and password. The username and the password might be written as admin.
4. Selecting the Password
Passwords help in keeping security intact. It will ask you to give the password, but remember to follow all the rules and instructions given. They have their requirements, and you need to follow them.
- The characters in the password must be within 8-12 and with different character types.
- Ensure that the password is easy for you but hard to find for others.
- To make it more secure, replace the letters with symbols.
- Make sure not to use short passwords and even common words that can be found in dictionaries.
Read Also: How to Log into your Spectrum Router
5. Change the SSID and Password
In the router’s user interface, you have to follow the steps given:
- In the beginning, you have to hit the wireless 2.4 followed by the wireless settings option.
- You will get the option to change or confirm the network name. The SSID or the network name is the others will see while searching for available networks.
- In most of the models, you have to click on the advanced wireless and then on the wireless settings to change the network name.
- After that, you have to click on the wireless security to type the new password and scroll down to hit the Save option. You can also select version WPA2-PSK if you want.
- On the other hand, in some models, you have to select the security option WPA/WPA2-Personal and for the version, choose WPA2-PSK.
- Type the password and hit the Save option to implement the changes in the wireless security.
6. Keep the Password Secure
One of the best ways to secure the password is by maintaining all the precautions after the TP-Link router setup. Make sure not to use the password that you use everywhere.
The rest of the points are given below:
- Never share your password with anybody.
- Make sure the password is shared only if necessary.
- You must be very aware when you are typing the password in public.
Check Stepwise Guide: Linksys Extender Setup RE7000
So, these are the steps that will help you with the TP-Link router setup. The steps are easy, and you don’t require any professional help to set up your router. Just follow what is written. Hopefully, you have realized your mistake and will not repeat it. You can also apply these steps to other routers, and the method is quite similar.