Fleishman Is In Trouble is a TV mini-series based on the 2019 novel of the same name by Taffy Brodesser-Akner.
The show premiered on FX on Hulu in November 2022 and concluded with its eighth and final episode on December 20th 2022.
The show creator and writer, Taffy Brodesser-Akner, has stated that the story is complete and that she has no plans to make a second season.
She also joked on Twitter that there is no second season of Fleishman Is In Trouble. Therefore, it is very unlikely that there will be a season 2 of Fleishman Is In Trouble.
However, you never know what the future might bring. Maybe Taffy will change her mind or write a sequel to her novel.
For now, you can enjoy the first season of Fleishman Is In Trouble on Hulu or read the original novel by Taffy Brodesser-Akner.
The Possibility of Fleishman Is In Trouble Season 2
- The first season of Fleishman Is In Trouble covers the entire plot of the novel, which means there is no more source material to adapt for a second season. The show ends with a resolution for Toby and Rachel’s relationship, as well as Libby’s personal growth. There are no major cliffhangers or loose ends that need to be addressed in a follow-up season.
- The show has not been officially renewed or canceled by FX or Hulu, but it has been marketed as a limited series, which implies that it was intended to be a one-time event. Unless there is a huge demand from fans or a creative vision from the makers, it is unlikely that the show will be extended beyond its original scope.
Statements from the Cast and Crew
- The cast and crew of Fleishman Is In Trouble have not expressed any interest or plans for a second season. In fact, some of them have suggested that they are happy with the way the show ended and that they do not see the need for a continuation. For example, Claire Danes, who plays Rachel, told The Hollywood Reporter that she thinks the show “needs to be what it is” and that it “said what it had to say”. She also said that she loved working with everyone on the show and that they became actual friends, but that does not mean that they want to do another season.
- Taffy Brodesser-Akner, who wrote the novel and the series, also seemed to indicate that she has no intention of writing a second season. She told Bustle that she was initially reluctant to adapt her novel into a TV series, but she eventually agreed to do it because she wanted to see her characters come to life. She also said that she was tempted to never let go of her characters, but she felt that the story was complete. She joked on Twitter that the second season of Fleishman Is In Trouble would depend on whether the Fleishmans would become a legitimate family within five years, but she clarified that she was kidding and that there is no second season.
Alternatives to Season 2
If you are looking for more shows like Fleishman Is In Trouble, you might want to check out some of these recommendations:
- Catastrophe: A comedy series about an American man and an Irish woman who start a relationship after a one-night stand leads to an unplanned pregnancy. The show follows their struggles and joys as they deal with parenthood, marriage, and cultural differences.
- You’re the Worst: A comedy-drama series about two self-destructive people who fall in love and try to make their relationship work despite their flaws and issues. The show explores topics such as mental health, addiction, trauma, and fidelity.
- Uncoupled: A comedy series about a gay New York City real estate agent who finds himself single for the first time in 17 years after his partner dumps him. The show depicts his attempts to adjust to his new life and find love again.
- Friday Night Lights: A drama series about a high school football coach who balances his career and his family life in a small Texas town. The show portrays the challenges and triumphs of the coach, his players, his wife, and his daughter.
- Coach Snoop: A documentary series about rapper Snoop Dogg who coaches a youth football league in Los Angeles. The show reveals Snoop’s passion for mentoring young athletes and helping them overcome their hardships.
Fleishman Is In Trouble is a brilliant show that offers a realistic and humorous look at divorce and dating in the modern world.
However, it is unlikely that there will be a second season of the show, as it has already adapted the entire novel it is based on and has not received any renewal announcement from FX or Hulu.
Moreover, the cast and crew of the show have expressed their satisfaction with the way the show ended and have not shown any interest in continuing the story. Therefore, fans of the show should enjoy the first season as a complete and satisfying story, and look for other shows that are similar to Fleishman Is In Trouble if they want more of the same genre.