Comox is a town on the east coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. It is a place of natural beauty, friendly community, and diverse activities. In this article, we will introduce you to Comox and its attractions, as well as a website called ILikeComox, which aims to promote positivity and support for this wonderful town.
The Beauty & Benefits of Comox, BC
Comox has many features that make it a desirable place to live or visit. Here are some of them:
- Gorgeous scenery: Comox is surrounded by stunning landscapes, such as the Comox Glacier, the Strait of Georgia, and the Beaufort Range. You can enjoy the views of the mountains, the ocean, and the forests from various locations in the town. Comox also has many parks and gardens, such as Filberg Park, Goose Spit Park, and The Gardens on Anderton, where you can admire the flowers, trees, and wildlife.
- Welcoming community: Comox has a population of about 15,000 people, who are friendly, helpful, and diverse. The town has a rich history and culture, influenced by the First Nations, the European settlers, and the military. You can learn more about the town’s heritage at the Comox Archives and Museum, the Comox Air Force Museum, and the HMCS Alberni Museum and Memorial. Comox also hosts many events and festivals throughout the year, such as the Comox Valley Farmers’ Market, the Filberg Festival, and the Nautical Days.
- Year-round recreation: Comox offers a variety of activities for all seasons and interests. You can enjoy outdoor sports, such as hiking, biking, skiing, golfing, fishing, and kayaking. You can also relax at the beach, the spa, or the library. You can explore the arts and culture scene, such as the Comox Valley Art Gallery, the Sid Williams Theatre, and the Comox Valley Music Society. You can also join clubs and groups, such as the Comox Valley Camera Club, the Comox Valley Writers Society, and the Comox Valley Toastmasters.
- Local cuisine: Comox has a range of dining options, from casual cafes and pubs to fine restaurants and wineries. You can taste the fresh and local ingredients, such as seafood, cheese, berries, and honey. You can also sample the wines and beers from the local producers, such as 40 Knots Winery, Land & Sea Brewing Company, and Gladstone Brewing Company.
Top Things to Do in Comox
If you are looking for some fun and memorable experiences in Comox, here are some suggestions:
- Visit Filberg Heritage Lodge & Park: This is a historic site that features a 1930s lodge and a 9-acre park. You can tour the lodge and see the antique furniture, art, and memorabilia. You can also stroll through the park and enjoy the views of the ocean and the gardens. The park also hosts events and concerts, such as the Filberg Festival, which is a four-day celebration of arts, crafts, music, and food.
- Go Paddling on the Bay: Comox Bay is a great place to explore by kayak, canoe, or stand-up paddleboard. You can rent the equipment from local outfitters, such as Comox Valley Kayaks & Canoes, or join a guided tour. You can see the marine life, such as seals, otters, and eagles. You can also visit the Sandy Island Marine Provincial Park, which is a small island with a sandy beach and a campground.
- Enjoy the Beach: Comox has several beaches where you can relax, swim, or play. You can go to Airforce Beach, which is a long and sandy beach with a view of the glacier. You can also go to Kin Beach Provincial Park, which is a family-friendly beach with a playground, a picnic area, and a campground. You can also go to Goose Spit Park, which is a narrow spit of land that curves into the bay. You can walk along the spit, watch the sunset, or have a bonfire.
- Explore the Courtenay & District Museum: This is a museum that showcases the natural and cultural history of the Comox Valley. You can see the fossils, minerals, and artifacts from the area. You can also learn about the dinosaurs, the coal mining, and the First Nations. The museum also offers tours and programs, such as the Fossil Tours, which take you to a nearby riverbed where you can dig for fossils.
- Go Whale Watching: Comox is a prime location for whale watching, as it is close to the habitat of orcas, humpbacks, and other whales. You can book a whale watching tour from local operators, such as Pacific Pro Dive & Marine Adventures, or Island Adventure Tours. You can see the whales up close, as well as other marine animals, such as dolphins, porpoises, and sea lions.
ILikeComox: Promoting Positivity Online
ILikeComox is a website that was created in 2023 by a group of Comox residents who wanted to share their love and appreciation for their town. The website has the following goals:
- Sharing the beauty of Comox: The website features photos and videos of the scenic and charming aspects of Comox, such as the glacier, the marina, and the heritage buildings. The website also has a blog that highlights the stories and experiences of the people who live or visit Comox.
- Supporting local businesses: The website promotes the local businesses that offer quality products and services in Comox, such as the restaurants, the shops, and the attractions. The website also has a directory that lists the contact information and the websites of the local businesses. The website also has a section that features the reviews and recommendations of the customers.
- Bringing the community together: The website fosters a sense of community and belonging among the Comox residents and visitors. The website has a forum that allows the users to interact and exchange ideas, opinions, and tips. The website also has a calendar that shows the upcoming events and activities in Comox. The website also has a newsletter that updates the subscribers on the latest news and happenings in Comox.
How to Get Involved with ILikeComox
If you are interested in joining the ILikeComox community, here are some ways you can get involved:
- Volunteer your time: You can help the website by contributing your skills and talents, such as writing, photography, videography, web design, or social media. You can also help the website by organizing or participating in events, such as fundraisers, clean-ups, or workshops.
- Become a member: You can sign up for a free membership on the website, which gives you access to the forum, the directory, the reviews, and the newsletter. You can also sign up for a premium membership, which gives you additional benefits, such as discounts, coupons, and giveaways from the local businesses.
- Donate: You can support the website by making a donation, which helps cover the costs of running and maintaining the website, such as the hosting, the domain, and the software. You can also donate items or services, such as gift cards, vouchers, or tickets, which can be used for the events or the giveaways.
- Follow on social media: You can follow the website on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. You can also share the website’s posts and videos with your friends and family. You can also use the hashtag #ILikeComox to show your love and support for the town.
Comox is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered. Whether you’re seeking adventure, relaxation, or a sense of community, this charming coastal town has something to offer everyone. So, come experience the magic of Comox for yourself and join the ILikeComox movement. Together, we can make Comox an even more vibrant and welcoming place to live, visit, and love.