Superglue on your glass? Don’t worry. We will guide you step by step. The whole thing creates a mess that is very difficult to get rid of. If you are looking for effective methods for removing super glue from your glasses, follow the below methods.
An important consideration before you prepare for removing glue from glasses
The prescription glasses are expensive. Often it comes with a non-scratch coating. In that case, you should be careful to get the glue off the glasses. If you have a specialized lens, glass, then make sure to try the method from the edges of the surface. If the coating remains safe after the application, then you can use it without any doubt.
There are different ways to remove superglue from glasses. Here those see given below:
First Method: Removing the glue with water
This is one of the safest methods to remove super glue from the glasses. Glue can be only softened using water easily. It will take some time. But the process will surely work. Here are the steps below to work on this method:
- Mix ammonia-free dishwasher liquid in the water.
- Dip a soft folded cloth on this mixture. Now place it over the glue.
- Wrap a plastic paper over the damp cloth so the moisture keeps there intact.
- Soak it in this condition for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, open up the plastic wrap and use the damp cloth to rub the glue.
- If this process doesn’t work, then you can use warm water. Dip the cloth in warm water. Now press it onto the glue. You should only use warm water but not hot.
- Every 15-20 minutes, soak the cloth in hot water and place it over the glue.
- Do it as many times as you need to soften the glue.
- Check the alternative methods below if the process doesn’t work. But make sure to start with this process only.
Second method: Removing glue from glasses with alcohol
The method works well on both plastic and lens lense. In that case, if your lens has any coating, you can test that method from one edge to be sure that it will not damage the coating.
- Dip a soft cloth in isopropyl alcohol.
- Use the cloth to rub the glue over the glass. Rotate it also on the glass surface as the glue can be transferred to the new area.
- Once the glue is removed, now clean the surface with mild soap and water.
- Now dry the glass using a soft cloth so that it doesn’t have any watermark.
Third Method: Removing the glue with acetone
This method can work best t on a glass lens. But it may not work on plastic glass. If your lens is without coating, this can be the most effective method.
- Moisten a cloth in pure acetone. You can buy it from any hardware shop or any beauty supply store. The acetone nail polish remover can be an alternative option. But it comes with some chemicals that may damage the coating on the glass.
- Wipe the cloth several times over the glue. Repeat the process until the glue is removed.
- Clean the area with mild soap and water.
- Dry the place using a cloth to clean the spot.
Fourth Method: Removing Super Glue with toothpaste
Toothpaste works on both plastic and glass. But avoid using toothpaste with any abrasive sponge that may scratch over the lens lense.
- First, soak the glass with warm water.
- Apply toothpaste on a cloth and rub over the glue for a few minutes.
- Now scrub the glue in a circular motion until it gets softened.
- Once you have removed the glue, clean the glass with mild soap and water.
- Dry it with a cloth to remove the watermarks.
Fifth Method: Removing glue with essential oil
You can use an essential oil like tea tree oil or eucalyptus oil for removing glue from glasses. Here’s the process to follow:
- Take a cotton ball or cloth and apply four to five drops of essential oil on them.
- Now rub the glue area with this cotton ball. The oil can saturate the hardened glue.
- Once the glue is gone, now rub it with warm soapy water.
- Now dry the place with a clean cloth. Let it be like that for some time.
These all are some effective ways to remove glue from the lens. You can find various methods for removing glue from the glass. But the above mentioned are safe and trusted. These will help you. If you want a quick solution, you can use the counter product to soften the product. You can ask your manufacturer to use their product in the right way. So, follow the steps and quickly get the glue off your glass without any hassle.