When setting up a new iPhone or iPad, or restoring one from a backup, it’s important to understand the process of approving the device through iCloud. This process is a security feature that ensures that only authorized users have access to the data and settings associated with your iCloud accounts, such as contacts, calendars, and documents.
Approving a device through iCloud also allows you to sync data between devices and iCloud accounts, making it easy to keep your information up-to-date across all of your devices.
In this article, I will explain the process of approving a new iPhone or iPad from another device, as well as the steps for approving a Mac and syncing data between iCloud accounts.
Check Also: Change IMEI Without Jailbreak iPhone
Why Do I Approve My Iphone From Another Device?
When you initiate the setup process for a new iPhone or iPad or restore one from a backup, you may be prompted to approve the device via an “Approve This iPhone/iPad” message on other devices that are signed in to your iCloud account.
This step is used to link the new device to your iCloud account, allowing you to access all the data and settings that are associated with it, such as contacts, calendars, and documents. This feature serves as a security measure to prevent unauthorized access to your iCloud account and ensures that only you have control over your personal data.
Approving Mac From iOS Device on iCloud
When you acquire a new Mac or upgrade the operating system on an existing one, you will need to give approval via iCloud in order to complete the process.
This can be accomplished by following a specific set of steps:
- Navigate to the favorites on your Mac system.
- Select the iCloud option.
- Input your iCloud ID and password.
- You will be prompted to approve this Mac with a 6-digit code or through an Apple ID verification. Utilize your iPhone, and logged into iCloud, to confirm the device and choose to approve it.
- Enter the verification code provided by Apple ID and your Mac will be successfully linked to iCloud.
Approve iOS Device From Another Device on iCloud
The process of approving iOS devices is similar to that of Mac devices, but with one key difference to keep in mind.
- Start by accessing the iCloud settings on your iOS device.
- Input your iCloud ID and password.
- A 6-digit code or another iPhone verification code will be required.
- After entering the verification code, you will be prompted to enter your iPhone’s passcode.
- Upon completion of these steps, your iOS device will be successfully linked to iCloud.
It is possible to save important data from your device to iCloud and then restore it on other devices by logging into the same iCloud account and following the steps outlined above. However, there is another way to synchronize data between iCloud accounts without having to log in and approve multiple accounts.
This can be accomplished by using a third-party application called “AnyTrans” which can be found on the App Store. This application is a simple and easy-to-use data manager, which allows for the seamless transfer of data such as movies, photos, messages, music, and more, with just one click. To sync data from one iCloud account to another, you can use AnyTrans to transfer the data without any limitations.
Follow these steps to sync data from iCloud to iCloud account:
- Begin by downloading AnyTrans on your PC or MAC.
- Once the program is installed, open the device manager and select the iCloud manager option.
- To connect your two iCloud accounts, click on the “Add iCloud Account” button.
- Scroll down and select the “Photos” option, then choose “Management.”
- From here, you can select the files you wish to sync and click on the “To iCloud” button to initiate the synchronization process.
Check Also: How to Unblock Someone On Your iPhone Easily?
Approving a new iPhone or iPad from another device is a security measure implemented by iCloud to ensure that only authorized users have access to the personal data stored on the account.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily approve your new device and access all of your contacts, calendars, documents, and other data associated with your iCloud account.