Each mobile device has a unique identification number known as the IMEI number. This number is assigned by the device manufacturer and is used by the cellular network to identify the device and its associated account. While the IMEI number cannot be permanently changed, there are ways to temporarily alter it on your device. This can be used to trick certain apps into providing bonuses or rewards.
This article will walk you through the process of changing the IMEI number on an iPhone without requiring you to jailbreak the device.
What is the IMEI number?
Each mobile device is given a different identifying number called the IMEI, or International Mobile Equipment Identity. It serves as a way to identify the device on a mobile network and can be used for authentication and tracking if the device is lost or stolen.
Where can you find the IMEI number on iPhone devices?
There are usually three ways of finding an iPhone device’s IMEI number:
- One of the most common methods is to use the code *#06# on the device’s keypad. Once the code is entered and the call button is tapped, a 15-digit series will appear on the screen, which is the IMEI number of the device.
- Another way to find the IMEI number is to check the device’s packaging, as it is typically printed on the box.
- The IMEI number can also be found by navigating to the “Settings” menu, selecting “General” and then “About,” where it will be listed.
Things You Should Recall Before You Change iPhone IMEI
Before attempting to alter the IMEI number of an iPhone, there are a few key considerations to keep in mind:
- Firstly, it is important to ensure that the device is both unlocked and turned on.
- It is important to note that changing the IMEI number can result in voiding the device’s warranty, and it is illegal to change the IMEI number of a phone that has been reported as stolen. As such, it is generally recommended to only consider changing the IMEI number after the warranty period has expired.
- It is also important to familiarize oneself with and comply with all relevant legal requirements before attempting to change the IMEI number.
- To ensure the best possible outcome, it is highly recommended to seek guidance from the official Apple Support or a professional technician for this process.
How to Change iPhone IMEI Without Jailbreak?
The instructions provided below will give you a comprehensive guide on how to change the IMEI number of your iPhone. It is crucial to pay attention to every step and to follow them carefully in order to ensure the process is successful.
- Dial *#06# to determine the current IMEI number of the iPhone device
- Jailbreak the device
- Download and extract a PC tool such as ZiPhone
- Put the device in recovery mode by tapping the Sleep/Wake button and holding the Apple logo until the iTunes logo appears with the cable
- Connect the device to the PC and press the Shift button on the keyboard in the extracted directory of the PC
- Open the command prompt by right-clicking on the empty spot and selecting Command Start
- Type in ZiPhone in the command prompt
- Enter the command ZiPhone -u-i followed by the desired IMEI number
- Wait for 2-3 minutes for the process to complete, the device will restart with the new IMEI number
- Verify the new IMEI number by dialing *#06#
It is important to note that changing the IMEI number of a device is illegal in some countries and it also voids the warranty. It is always recommended to follow the legal requirements and to seek professional help if needed.
We hope that this guide on how to change the IMEI number of an iPhone without jailbreaking it has been helpful to you. We encourage you to provide feedback and let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns related to this topic. You can reach out to us in the comment section below and we will respond as soon as possible.