Edward B-Lytton once said, “a pen is mightier than a sword”. As much as true this saying is nonetheless, merely a pen itself is not sufficient enough to make a writer effective unless it knows how to make use of it fully. Inspiration does play an important role for the writer however it alone does not ensure the skills of writing effectively. The following steps could provide a base for an essay writer to practice and showcase the skills.
Basic Steps of Essay Writing
- Understand and read the given task very well in order to make yourself fully aware of what has been asked of you. Try to divide the prompt into different parts so that understanding and managing the essay writing can be easily done.
- Plan ahead of time as organizing and brainstorming can take a lot of time while doing it before can make essay writing very easy. A detailed web of your ideas along with supporting details can offer an easy and effective tool for your writing.
- Using proper citation and knowledge sources makes an essay proper and research-driven. Using the ideas from the sources and incorporating it into your research along with your own idea can produce something new in the academic realm. However, the deal is not to plagiarize as it can cause legal repercussions.
- Write a draft beforehand so that it can give you the leverage of altering or correcting your grammatical or theoretical errors. Do not except a lot from your first draft as it is meant to be in a rough form, however, correcting it is your responsibility.
- Make a well-built thesis and argument, as making a worthy main argument can present a strong point of the essay.
The Five Important Parts of an Essay
Although the advanced essay writings have categories of their own, however, the basic structure that all types of essays follow consists of five standardized structures for paragraphs.
The introduction makes the first paragraph of an essay. The basic function it serves is that explain and present the position that an essay writer has taken in the essay. There has to be a hook that can also grab the attention of the readers as the essay goes forward. It also consists of the main argument defined in a sentence or two that gives the whole crux of the subject matter revolving around it. The main body of the essay consists of three paragraphs at most that are positioned in the middle of the essay and explain and support the main argument by giving the literature and analysis. The final part of an essay comprises the conclusion that comes at the end of an essay. It can also be seen as the last chance of representing and making your case in a concise manner. All of the essays should follow a proper transition so that a connection could be made not just between the paragraphs but with each and every sentence.