Pokemon Go is a popular augmented reality (AR) mobile game created by Niantic to meet the needs of smartphone gaming enthusiasts. It makes use of the device’s GPS to create a virtual world in which the gamer can create a character and use it to find, catch, train, and combat virtual creatures. This game foreshadowed the future of virtual reality games by immersing the player in a real-world environment. After the game’s release, players have recorded various bugs, the most recent of which is “pokemon go error 12: Failed to detect location”.We’ve done the analysis and compiled all of the ideas in one place so you can quickly resolve this problem and avoid it in the future.
What prevents you from detecting location in Pokemon GO?
There are a variety of causes for this error, and some of the most common ones are mentioned below:
- If your smartphone’s Find My Device feature is turned on, you’ll get this error in Pokemon Go.
- If the Mock Location is not disabled in your smartphone’s settings, Error 12 will appear in your game.
If you’re in a location where your smartphone can’t receive GPS signals, Error 12 may appear on your display.
The most simple and effective method for resolving Pokemon Go error 12 is to restart your smartphone’s location service.
- Pick Location Options from the Settings menu.
- Disable it first, then switch it back on by pressing the toggle button at the top of the screen.
- Now go to the Mode menu and choose High Accuracy.
How to Fix Pokemon Go Failed to Detect Location Issue?
FIX 1- Clear the Cache and Data of game
Data is used to load the previous details about the app when it is opened, while Caches are scripts of files that are saved on your computer when you open a specific program. The app will not work properly if the data stored in the Cache becomes corrupted. To solve the problem, clear the app’s cache and data.
- On your phone, go to the Settings option.
- Apps and alerts can be found and tapped on. It’s possible that it’s just Apps on certain phones.
- Locate Pokemon GO and choose the Storage option.
- Check to see if the problem has been fixed by clicking the Clear Data and Clear Cache keys.
FIX 2- Uninstall Maps Updates
Since Pokemon Go relies on Maps to simulate the game in real-time, if the Maps are allowed in the background when you’re spoofing, you’ll get Error 12. The most straightforward solution is to go to Settings and uninstall Maps Updates. To complete this mission, follow the steps below:
- Pick Apps from your phone’s Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the Maps button.
- Select Uninstall Updates from the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the page.
- To clear data and cache, go to Storage and tap Clear Data and Clear Cache.
FIX 3- Install an Older Version of Google Play Services
Google Play Services is a core component of an Android device that improves the user’s experience by synchronizing higher-quality, lower-powered location-based services automatically. If Error 12 appears on your computer, uninstall Google Play Services and reinstall an older version because the new version allows spoofing in Pokemon Go more difficult.
- Pick Apps from your phone’s Settings.
- Now locate and open Google Play Services. Select Uninstall Updates from the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the page.
- Now open the tab on your smartphone and download an older version of Google Play Services.
- Install it to see if the problem has been fixed.
FIX 4- Disable “Find My Device” Option
The majority of people play Pokemon Go with a fictitious GPS venue. If your device’s Find My Device feature is turned on, the Pokemon Go servers will monitor it and prevent you from playing the game. To prevent this, make sure this choice is disabled by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Security in your mobile’s settings.
- Now find the Device Administrators option by scrolling down.
- To disable it, uncheck the button next to the Find My Device option.
FIX 5- Tweak some settings in FGL Pro
FGL Pro is a common app that allows you to play Pokemon Go with a fictitious venue. If Error 12 appears on your computer, make sure you have the correct app settings to allow the game to work with a fake GPS location.
- Start FGL Pro and go to the Settings menu in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Secure Mocking and Autofix Mocking Location should both be tested. Make sure that the Mocking Method is set to Method 2. (Node: If Method 2 fails, switch to Method 1 or Method 2).
- Restart the Pokemon Go app to see if the problem still exists.
FIX 6- Spoof in Pokemon GO Application
Spoofing is a term used in the Pokemon Go community to describe a method of simulating the game without having to leave your seat. To effectively spoof in Pokemon Go, follow the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to your smartphone’s browser and type in “How to Root XXXX.” (Note: Replace XXXX with your smartphone’s name and model.)
- To root your phone, follow the instructions given by Google. (Please notice that each system has its own rooting procedure.)
- After your phone has been rooted, go to your phone’s browser and download the APK for GPS JoyStick Fake GPS Location.
- Open the app after it has been installed and choose Privacy Mode from the fast options section.
- “Do you want to create a new app copy or update an existing created one?” a window will open. Choose Generate.
- Tap on Start and type PockemonPro as a new name for the program.
- To install the applications, tap Install after the new copy has been created.
- Now go to your smartphone’s Play Store. Install Connection 2 SD by searching for it. (Note: This app must be installed on a rooted device.)
- Now open Link 2 SD and look in the All applications section for PockemonPro. (Ensure that Link 2 SD has root permissions.)
- Select Convert to machine app from the three-dot menu on the top-right of the screen.
- Now open PockemonPro and go to the settings menu in the upper left corner.
- Scroll down and check that the options for “Allow Indirect Mocking,” “Enable System Mode,” “Disable Location Service,” and “Enable a GPS reset” are all checked.
- Pick Location Options from your smartphone’s settings.
- By tapping the toggle button at the top of the screen, you can enable Location.
- Now go to the Mode menu and choose Device Only.
- Now open PockemonPro and choose Set Location from the menu.
- Click here to open the map and choose a place to begin spoofing to see if the problem has been resolved.
FIX 7- Disable Mock Location in your Mobile
Mock Location is an Android Devices service that allows developers to use a fictitious location for testing purposes. If your Android device’s Mock Location is activated, you’ll get Error 12 in Pokemon Go. To solve this problem, follow the steps below.
- Pick About Phone from your phone’s settings.
- Now find Build Number and tap it several times before a toast appears saying “You are now a developer.”
- Return to the configuration menu and pick Developer Options from the drop-down menu.
- Tap the Toggle button at the top of the screen to allow Developer Options.
- Select the Select mock location app option from the Debugging section.
- Now press the Nothing button. Check to see if the problem continues after restarting your computer.