Discord installation has failed is one such well-known error that occurs while trying to install the Discord. Most people have reported that they encounter this issue while playing video games.
Basically, the problem arises due to the corrupted system files. On the other hand, when a Windows 10 update can mess up things or a new program is installed on the system, this problem arises.
Apart from this, if antivirus software or Microsoft .NET Framework is not installed on your device, then you might encounter this error message.
Learn Also: How to Fix Discord Awaiting Endpoint Error
How to Fix Discord Installation has Failed?
Go through these general solutions to resolve Discord installation has failed issue. Hence, follow the steps mentioned in the section below and make the Discord working again.
Fix 1: Disable Discord in Task Manager
At the very first step, you should need to end the tasks running Discord in your device. To stop it, follow the steps mentioned in the section below.
- First of all, press the Windows key + R key at the same time to launch the Run window. After that, type ‘taskmgr’ in the Run dialog box and hit the Enter button.
- Then move to the Process window. Now, select any process related to the Discord and press the End Task option.
- You need to repeat the steps multiple times when there was more than one process is running. After that, exit from the Task Manager section.
When the process gets completed, try to install the Discord and check whether the problem gets resolved or not.
Fix 2: Delete the Discord Folders
If turning off the Discord is not able to solve the problem, then you need to delete the Discord folder from your device. To delete the Discord folder, go through the following steps.
- First of all, invoke the Run window by pressing the Windows key + R key at the same time.
- After that, type ‘%AppData%’ n the Run dialog box and hit the Enter button.
- A new window will pop up called File Explorer window.
- Thereafter, right-click on the Discord Folder and click on the Delete option.
- After that, open the Run dialog box once again. Now, type ‘%LocalAppData%’ in the Run window and click on the OK button.
- Then, the File Explorer window will open in a new tab again.
- Further, right-click on the Discord Folder and click on the Delete button.
Once you are done with the steps, reboot the system. Now, check whether the problem gets resolved or not.
Fix 3: Update the Device Drivers
The problem might also appear due to the missing or outdated device drivers. You cannot update or install Discord application if any update pending from any of the device drivers. Hence, it is necessary to update the device drivers accordingly.
You can update the device drivers from the Device Manager section. But before that, you should identify which driver is outdated. When you identify that, press the Start button and then move to the Device Manager section.
Now, locate the outdated drivers and right-click on them one by one. A drop-down menu will appear, select the ‘Update the Driver’ option from the list.
It will automatically download the latest version and install it on your device. It will take some time to complete the process.
When the process gets completed, a pop-up box will appear saying that ‘Restart the Device’. Click the OK button to reboot the system.
Now, try to install the Discord application and check whether Discord setup installation has failed the problem gets resolved.
Hope that you can solve this major problem with the help of our solutions provided in the section below. If the problem persists you can contact discord support for more help.