Driver Power State Failure is one kind of Blue Screen of Death issue. This error generally appears due to corrupted or outdated device drivers. But, it can also occur when the device attempts to transfer to the sleep mode from its working condition.
Once the error appears, users can’t perform any operation on their devices. In such situations, they get frustrated and tend to look for reliable workarounds to overcome the driver error.
If you also face the same error and wondering how to fix driver power state failure in windows 10, stay connected with this page till the end. Here, you will get all the best possible fixes that will help you to eliminate the error from your device. So, keep reading this post.
Simple Hacks to Fix Driver Power State Failure
In this section, you will get to know some of the effective ways that have worked for several affected users. So, we suggest you try out them one by one and let us know which method is best to resolve the driver failure in the comment section below.
Procedure 1: Update the Device Drivers
Outdated or corrupted device drivers can be the leading cause behind the driver power state failure error. But, after updating the device drivers, the error should be resolved.
Here are the steps that should be followed to update the device drivers.
Step 1: Press the combination of the Windows logo + R key. It will launch the Run window. Now, write “devmgmt.msc” and hit the Enter key to execute the command. After executing the command you will find the Device Manager window at the top of the search result.
Step 2: So, click on the Device Manager to invoke the experience. Once the Device Manager window opens, locate and double-click on the device that you need to update.
Step 3: Right-click on the device and choose “Update Driver” from the context menu. After that, you have to choose the “Search Automatically For Driver Software Option”
Step 4: If updates are available, hit the “Install Update” button from the appeared menu and confirm the process by tapping on the OK button.
Reboot the device when the update process is over. Rebooting will help to save the new modifications on Windows 10.
Now, you can review whether the error gets removed or not. In case, the error still appears, there is no need to worry. Simply, go to the next method that is strong enough to resolve driver power state error.
Procedure 2: Run System File Checker
System File Checker is a built-in tool that comes up with every version of Windows. It designed to repair corrupted or damaged system files. If the driver power state failure error occurs due to this reason, it is the most reliable way to repair the corrupted system files.
Most of the affected users claim that after running the System File Checker utility, the driver failure error has been resolved. So, you can also give it a try. You have to follow the undermentioned steps to run the SFC scan.
First, open the Run window by following the above-discussed steps. When the Run dialog box opens, write “cmd” and hit the Enter key to run the command. Now, Command Prompt option will come up on the top search result.
So, click on the top search result to invoke the experience. Then, right-click on the Command Prompt and select the “Run as Administrator” option from the appeared menu. Now, the Command Prompt window will appear in Admin mode.
Here, you can write “sfc/scannow” and hit the Enter button to execute the command. The System File Checker will start to scan your entire device and look for the corrupted or damaged files. Once it finds the corrupted system files, it will repair them automatically.
When the process is over, reboot your device to let the new changes take effect. After your device restarts, open the Command Prompt window again. But, keep in mind that you have to open the Command Prompt with Administrator’s rights.
As the Command Prompt (Admin) window opens, enter the following commands and hit the OK button after each command.
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
After running the commands, try to reboot your device again. It will save the new changes.
Procedure 3: Reset the Power Settings
At times, such kind of driver failure error occurs due to incorrect power settings. So, you have to reset the power settings to resolve the error. To reset the power settings, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows logo key along with the S key. Then, go to the Control Panel window. When the Control Panel opens, find the Power Option. Once you find it, click on it and select the “Choose what the power button does” option from the context menu.
- Afterwards, a new window will appear on the screen, where you need to choose the Change settings.
- Next, hit the “Disable/Turn off” tab for the Fast Startup option, Sleep and Hibernate options. Save the recent modifications by tapping on the Apply button as well as the OK button.
Using these steps, you can easily reset the power settings, We hope, after resetting the power setting, you will be able to resolve the Driver Power State Failure Windows 10 error.
Procedure 4: Check the Security Application
If you have third-party antivirus applications installed on your device, there’s a chance that you face the error due to this reason, So, it is recommended you disable the security application and check if this can resolve the error.
Steps to Disable Antivirus Application
- Open the Start menu and go to the Settings section. Once the Settings windows open, locate and select the “Windows Security” option.
- Afterwards, scroll down to find the “Virus & threat protection” option. Now, click on that option and navigate to the Manage Settings.
- Under the Manage Settings section, tap on the “Real-Time Protection” and switch the option to Off.
- Confirm the new modifications by clicking on the Apply button as well as the OK tab.
After disabling the security program, reboot your device and then verify whether the issue has been resolved or not. If the issue persists, try to uninstall the application from your device.
Steps to Remove Antivirus Software
- Tap on the Start menu then, open the Settings window.
- In this Settings window, click on the System from the appeared menu.
- After that, choose “Apps and Features” and select the problematic application.
- Lastly hit the “Uninstall” button as well as the OK button to remove the application.
Procedure 5: Revert the Graphics Card Driver to its Previous Version
After performing all the above procedures, if the driver power state failure error still appears, try this fix. Hence, it is quite essential to revert the graphics card driver to the previous version. Mostly, such kind of driver power state-related error occurs due to the graphics card driver. So, carry out the below steps to roll back to an early version of the graphics card drivers.
- Launch the Device Manager and go to the “Display Adapter” section.
- Under this section, locate the graphics card drivers. After you find it, double-click on it and invoke the Properties window by tapping on the correct option.
- After that, navigate to the Driver tab and hit the “Roll Back Driver” button from the resultant menu. Wait until the process is over.
When the process is over, reboot the device to save the new changes.
In the above section, we have mentioned all the necessary information regarding the driver power state failure Windows 10. Moreover, we have also mentioned some of the reliable ways to resolve the error.
Even after performing the above methods, if the error persists, write down your troubles in the comment section below. We will provide some more tips on how to fix driver power state failure.