There is no point in explaining how important SMS is, though we have other advanced communication applications. Airtel understands when a single OTP can wipe out your Bank-Balance. A single SMS about flight or train ticket confirmation. A whole lot of things are so connected.
According to the data provided by LocalCircle, 26% of unwanted SMS is received from the mobile service provider itself. And thousands of people face problems in receiving normal and important SMS.
Airtel took many initiatives to directly deal with objectives. If you are an Airtel user and face any problem related to SMS, then freely try to state your issue to the SMSC number. If you don’t know the number, then grab it from the list given below.
What is an Airtel SMS Center?
In simple terms, it is the hospital for all the SMS-related queries of Airtel and its users.
Airtel launched its SMSC (Short Message Service Center) service back in 2016, and since then it’s been keeping customers connected by providing around-the-clock support for difficult times with sending or receiving text messages. That way Airtel users can always keep their conversations moving!
Need to get in touch with a Short Message Service Center (SMSC)? We’ve got you covered! Get all the SMSC numbers for your state, right here. No need to search high and low – just read on!
Check out Airtel’s Short Message Service Center. With locations in more than 20 states, they have covered almost all the major states. I have listed the number, it will help you reach the root of any issues and get back to texting ASAP!
If you are unable to find your state then don’t worry – the Airtel team is always working on expanding this resource so that everyone can access it wherever they are.
If ever your SMS service puts you in trouble, don’t forget to try your state SMSC number. It will definitely help you out!
Airtel Message Center Numbers (Latest Added)
Here you will find the Airtel SMS center numbers for all of India’s states. If you have any problems, go to your phone’s message settings and update the message center number. Your message-related issue should be rectified once you’ve done this.
|Airtel Message Center Number Of All States||Phone Number|
|Airtel Message Center Number Andhra Pradesh||+919849087001|
|Airtel Message Center Number Assam||+919818023015|
|Airtel Message Center Number Bihar||+919831029416|
|Airtel Message Center Number Chhattisgarh||+919845086020|
|Airtel Message Center Number Delhi||+919810051914|
|Airtel Message Center Number Gujarat||+919831029416|
|Airtel Message Center Number Jammu and Kashmir||+919845086007|
|Airtel Message Center Number Jharkhand||+919845086020|
|Airtel Message Center Number Karnataka||+919845086007|
|Airtel Message Center Number Kerala||+919810051905|
|Airtel Message Center Number Kolkata||+919845086007|
|Airtel Message Center Number Maharashtra||+919898051916|
|Airtel Message Center Number Madhya Pradesh||+919845086020|
|Airtel Message Center Number Mumbai||+919898051916|
|Airtel Message Center Number Orissa||+919818023015|
|Airtel Message Center Number Punjab||+919815051914|
|Airtel Message Center Number Rajasthan||+919815051914|
|Airtel Message Center Number Telangana||+919849087001|
|Airtel Message Center Number Tamil Nadu||+919898051914|
|Airtel Message Center Number West Bengal||+919932029007|
You can also contact 121 from your registered mobile number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Troubleshooting Techniques To Fix Your SMS Service
Dialing an expert is not always necessary. If you can deal with the issue by yourself then you no longer need to wait for the call to get connected and explain your issues. I have listed some of the working troubleshooting techniques, which will help you to resolve SMS-related issues.
- Update Your Inbox: You don’t need to download anything, just keep your inbox updated with only useful SMS. The SMS app has a storage limit, and if it reaches its capacity, you may not be able to receive new messages. To prevent this from happening, delete a few unnecessary messages to free up some space.
- Make Your Device Bug-Free: How often do you postpone your software updates? Your software updates come with many bug-fixing operations. The update also involves bug and glitch fixing associated with the SMS application of your device.
- Clear Cache: This can manipulate the speed of your SMS application. Keep it clean from the settings option of your device.
- Restart your Device: Restarting your phone can help reset the connection with the cellular network and fix any glitches in the applications. To restart your phone, simply turn it off and then back on again.
- Contact Customer Care: if you’re still having issues after giving it a go, head to our Customer Care at 121 and they’ll have the answer for ya! Still no luck? You can also try changing up that SMS center number on your phone. Problem solved in no time!
How Can I Change The Number For Airtel’s Message Center?
Before you decide to change your Airtel message center number, make sure you need to change it. If you have already been hanging with a correct number then there is no point to head toward the process. If you are not confirmed about the number in your device then move along with me. You can check and change using the same process, if you find the SMSC’s number incorrect then move a few more steps to change it.
- Jump to the Settings interface of your device.
- Click on the Network & Internet option, most probably the first option. You might have visited this area related to network-related objectives.
- Mostly you will get a Call option below the Network button.
- Select Advanced Settings to move toward the final step.
- Now, either can directly find an option for SMS Centre Number or else go for the available options related to the same (most probably SMSC Settings)
- I have already provided the SMSC number in the list above. If you find the numbers the same then there is no need to change them. But if they differ then go ahead to change it.
To Send An Sms, Recharge Your Airtel Number With The Proper Pack
Other than technical issues, there might be faults on your end. If your sim is not recharged with a Truly Unlimited Plan, then the chance is zero to utilize the SMS benefits. With Airtel, you’ve got options! In order to send SMS messages galore you need the Airtel Truly Unlimited Plan. But if your heart isn’t quite set on a truly unlimited experience just yet then move to the Talk Time recharge packs. You can have any of the desired plans at your convenience.
One can opt for the prepaid recharge plans offered by Airtel. These include both unlimited and talk time options, plus an abundance of SMS plans. Plus, you can easily do your recharges online at the official Airtel website or with the Airtel Thanks app – it is that easy!
How do I troubleshoot SMS issues?
To troubleshoot SMS-related issues, you should try updating your device software, clearing your inbox, clearing your cache, restarting your device as well as contacting customer care.
How can I change the number for Airtel's message center?
To change the number for Airtel's message center, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced Settings > SMSC Settings and enter the desired number.
How do I know if my Airtel number is activated for SMS?
After recharging your Airtel number, you will receive an activation message from Airtel. If you do not receive the message, then your number might not be activated. You can also check your Airtel number is activated or not by making a call or sending an SMS to any other number. You can check directly from Airtel Thanks App.