Humans, by nature, are highly visual creatures.
Thus, if you aim to reach the maximum audience for your desired content, graphic design is necessary.
It is unimaginable not to use graphic design if you are an aspiring influencer, content creator, or entrepreneur. Across all social media platforms, graphic design is a vital factor that enables users to deliver their content effectively, especially on Facebook. Imagine the benefits if you have a tool that helps you:
- Communicate effectively with other people
- Increase profit or sales
- Establish trust and credibility
- Emphasize branding or brand identity
That is why in the digital world, all companies need the services of a graphic designer since digital marketing leads to a successful business online. According to WebFX, 73% of entrepreneurs invest in graphic design to boost their business and gain a considerable advantage against competitors. Moreover, 67% of companies would pay 500$ to achieve a brand logo.
However, the cost of acquiring a graphic design through design agencies is problematic for small entrepreneurs. Thus, 50% of entrepreneurs do it themselves.
If you aspire to boost your business without spending too much, here are 10 Social Media Graphic Design Tips For Your Facebook Posts:
1. Organize, Set Up, and Focus on Your Goals
First and foremost, when crafting social media content for digital marketing, you should be able to set and focus on a specific goal. By setting up a particular objective, you will easily visualize the content of your graphic design.
Remember that effective social media content could establish long-term relationships with your audience. You can start by pondering the purpose and function of the post. What would you like the post to achieve? Is it to:
- Increase engagement for your page?
- Promote brand recognition
- Increase audience engagement
- Generate traffic or lead generation
Having ample knowledge about your target audience is also a plus factor. Understanding your audience will help you answer the question, “For whom am I creating this content?” Know your audience by:
- Socio-economic status
- Hobbies and interests
Take note that you can effectively advertise your product by carefully identifying your target audience’s demographics or characteristics. Wherein, understanding your audience would enable you to create a design that could effectively and strategically engage them.
2. Be Smart in Using Color
In any design platform, color is an essential feature. Utilizing color in graphic design helps you convey ideas and implement a sense of mood or emotion for your content.
The mood of your graphic content will vary depending on the color combinations you will use. Designers should be able to learn about color theory so that they will be able to understand the psychological implications of each color. Moreover, designers need to balance color combinations to create meanings and effectively convey their messages to their audiences.
If you want to mix and match right away, here are some favorite and go-to color schemes:
- Blue and Pink (Creates a calming effect, natural and feminine)
- Yellow and Orange (Make your artwork stand out when added to dull and dark colors)
- Red and Blue (Vivid Complementary Colors)
- Pale Pink and Mustard (Kids Art and Femininity)
- Red and Gold (Luxurious and Classy, perfect for Christmas)
- Bright Pink and Green (Emits a fresh and vibrant spring sensation)
- Purples on Purple (Striking vivid effect through the mixture of light to dark gradients)
3. Use The Art of Text & Typography
Typography is the art and method of arranging letters and texts visually attractive to the audience. When used right, it can bring your design back to life.
For example, a brand’s personality is greatly affected by the message that it tries to convey. When choosing a style for your brand, it is necessary to detail the ideas you want to project. To make use of typography better, make sure to research these particular elements:
- Alignment – ensure equal distance, size, and space between each element
- Color- creativity of interface: hue, value, and saturation of color
- Consistency- avoid confusing and messy interface
- Contrast – helps to emphasize ideas
- Fonts – graphical representation of a text character
- Hierarchy – creates a distinction of what should be read first
- Typefaces – a multitude of characters with varying sizes and weight
- White Space – negative spaces in the form of indentions, spacing, or paddings
Typography is often used to highlight and emphasize specific messages and evoke certain emotions. The graphic designer should consider the connection between the text and the thought that it tries to portray. When incorporated with graphic design, typography could help the user to:
- Build brand recognition and personality
- Persuade and influence decision-making
- Shift and capture the attention of the audience
Aside from images and typography, the text is a primary element of graphic design that adds substance to the design and lessens the overcrowding of image elements.
Here are some tips on how to improve your graphic design by utilizing text to substantiate and complement your images:
- Make sure that your text is readable.
- Properly use your text as headings and subheadings or topics and sub-topics.
- Humans have a short attention span, so be precise with the message you want to convey using texts.
- Be sure to incorporate bolds, italics, and underlines to highlight or emphasize keywords that catch the reader’s attention.
Remember that text serves as a guide to your audience or reader. Make sure that you use your words correctly to avoid confusion and misinterpretation of your social media content.
4. Be Consistent With Your Design
A lot of graphic designers tend to share variations of social media content. However, your ideas will become disarray if you lack a clear understanding of the message you want to convey.
Consistency is the key! Being consistent with your design allows you to develop a consistent image on your branding. Even though creating similar or related content is challenging every day, it will enable the audience to quickly recognize and familiarize themselves with your brand identity or personality.
You can create ideas for your social media content using the following:
- Visuals (enhances learnability of the service or product)
- Voice and tone (influences how the audience perceives your brand)
- Usage of Similar Patterns (search for commonly used mobile and design patterns and incorporate them into your brand)
- Utilize announcements, promotions, and quotes (this will help you increase engagement and consistency in the style of your content)
- Create a template that fits your brand (easily recognizable, saves time, and lessens confusion)
In graphic design and layout, balance is a crucial element wherein the designer considers the distribution of the visual weight of colors, objects, space, and texture (Getty).
Balance enables you to make your design feel stable. There are different types of balances. Each has a different purpose when used in relation to graphic design.
- Symmetrical balance where the elements of both sides are similar.
- Asymmetrical balance where the elements are different on either side, but they are visually balanced.
- Radial balance where the elements are spread around a central point that may or may not be identical.
- Crystallographic where the elements or visual compositions that lack a central or focal point (allover balance). This leads to a lack of hierarchy and emphasis on the design.
- Hierarchy is used in a design that consists of many elements. That is why a designer needs to implement the concept of hierarchy in graphic design.
The crucial role of hierarchy aligns with the concept of emphasis. There is a sequence of importance in each of the design’s elements. Thus, it is essential to focus on what goals you want to achieve.
Hierarchy enables the designer to show the significance of each content. Here are important factors to enforce hierarchy upon your design:
- Size (audience are likely to notice larger content easily)
- Contrast (utilize dramatically contrasting colors to catch attention)
- Negative Space (surrounding white space directs attention towards an element)
- Texture (the richer the texture, the greater the appeal)
- Balance and alignment (imbalance or misaligned elements attracts attention)
- Color (utilize brighter colors over dull ones to emphasize a certain element)
Hierarchy will enable you to attract, persuade, re-direct, and impose the message you want to deliver to your audience if you use it well.
7. Direct Your Audience Using Graphics
For example, an infographic has a lot of information and elements that are stacked all together in a single page or content.
The situation is problematic because the reader will be mesmerized by the amount of information to assimilate.
Thus, the purpose of the principle of direction is to guide the reader on what path they should follow to understand all the necessary information in a particular post or content.
If you are wondering how? Then designers follow sets of rules on how to implement directly to the reader:
- Organize the elements based on their purpose or function
- Position attractive or eye-catching elements in the upper or left and left side
- Organize the elements in an E, F, and Z pattern to make the content easy to read and understand
- Use arrows, bullets, or enumerations to direct the flow of your content
8. Be Creative
Designers need a lot of creativity to make their work stand out and compete. In graphic design, there are many ideas and possibilities to choose from. Thus, it is better to create variations by creating and curating your social media content.
If you find it hard to expand your creative juices, here are some features that you can use to bring color to your illustrative ideas:
- Captivating videos, animations, and images
- Trending themes or celebrations
- Infographics, charts, templates
- Inspirational, informative, or persuasive quotes
- Cite a joke
- Create a process or how-to material
- Share a personal
- Answer inquiries such as FAQ’s
- Engage with other brands
- Testimonies or feedback from clients
- Initiate a poll regarding your products or services
Visit marketingsolved.com for more content ideas that will help you create your social media content!
9. Less is More
With all the complexity of graphic design due to many combinations of the elements, it is best to keep it simple.
Creativity will make your content stand out but do not over-commit your design. Designers often mistake extravagance with complexity. If you are unsure of what to include in your design, keep it simple.
Here are some tips to simplify your work:
- Utilize 1-3 color combinations (monochromatic, complimentary, or contrasting)
- Font styles should vary at a maximum of 3 fonts
- Utilize negative space to emphasize the primary element of your content
- Limit your typefaces for effective reading
- Use clear and clean imagery to create a good ‘cut-out’ effect
- Avoid bare images and use grids and frames to make the content appear professional
10. Use Image Generation API or Software
As a designer, you want to have fresh and unique posts for your social media content. However, manufacturing new ideas is a tedious process.
That is why we are lucky to have an image generation API to create banner advertising via automated banner generation.
Automated banner generation helps produce banner graphics that connect effectively with their customers.
Digital marketing is about branding personality and brand recognition. A banner design includes symbols, slogans, images, logos, etc., which are displayed in the headers, footers on various platforms. Unique banners would drive more traffic by acquiring more clicks from customers or target audiences.
There are various ways to create a stunning graphic design. Keep in mind that each element has its advantages and disadvantages.
Utilize each element correctly, and you are on the road to a successful graphic design career!