Luke Nicholas is a popular outdoorsman, YouTuber, and former attorney who has gained millions of fans for his adventurous and entertaining videos. He is the founder and host of the Outdoor Boys YouTube channel, where he showcases his family projects, adventures, travel, forging, camping, cooking, and more. But what happened to him recently and where is he now? In this article, we will explain his background, his recent activities, and his current situation.
Outdoor Boys: Who is Luke Nicholas?
Luke J. Nichols was born in 1978 in Anchorage, Alaska, United States. His father’s name is Melvin R. Nichols and his mother’s name is Sharon Nichols. He grew up watching his grandfathers, father and elder brother, Dan, fishing and hunting in Alaska. He developed a love for fishing, fly fishing, ice fishing, and hunting at a young age. He also wanted to become a professional wood carver specializing in native Alaskan totemic art.
- Experience & Education: Luke moved from Alaska to Utah and lived there for six years. He attended Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah and graduated with a BS in Political Science in 2004. He then moved to Virginia and attended Antonin Scalia Law School – George Mason University in Arlington, Virginia. He graduated with a Juris Doctorate in Criminal Law & Immigration Law in 2009. He worked as a missionary, an inspector, an owner of political and legal services, and a partner of a law firm. He also authored several books on law.
- Licenses & Certifications: Luke is licensed to practice law in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. He is also certified as a National Rifle Association instructor, a Wilderness First Responder, and a Virginia Hunter Education instructor.
- Publications: Luke has published many books on law, such as The Virginia Reckless Driving Handbook, The Virginia DUI Handbook, Driving on a Suspended License in Virginia, and Virginia Drug Crimes Defense Manual. He has also written articles for the CarpPro Magazine, a carp fishing magazine.
- Organizations: Luke is a member of several organizations, such as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Virginia State Bar, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the American Bar Association.
Recent Activity & Updates
Luke started his YouTube channel, ‘Catfish and Carp’, in 2013, where he shares his fishing tips and tricks. He later started another YouTube channel, ‘Outdoor Boys’, in 2016, where he features his three sons, namely Tommy, Nate, and Jacob, and his wife, Rebecca. Their videos showcase a wide range of engaging content, such as exciting family projects, thrilling adventures, travel explorations, forging demonstrations, enjoyable camping experiences, and mouthwatering campfire cooking sessions. He has amassed more than 5 million subscribers on his ‘Outdoor Boys’ channel and more than 1 million subscribers on his ‘Catfish and Carp’ channel.
Some of his recent activities and updates are:
- Officiating a wedding: Luke officiated the wedding of his brother, Dan, and his sister-in-law, Becca, in September 2023. He shared the video of the ceremony on his ‘Outdoor Boys’ channel.
- Swearing in a new judge: Luke swore in his friend and former law partner, Garrett Green, as a new judge of the Fairfax County General District Court in October 2023. He shared the video of the event on his ‘Outdoor Boys’ channel.
- Administering an oath of office: Luke administered the oath of office to his friend and former law partner, Andrew Elders, as a new member of the Virginia House of Delegates in November 2023. He shared the video of the occasion on his ‘Outdoor Boys’ channel.
- Finishing a marathon: Luke finished the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, D.C. in October 2023. He ran the 26.2 miles in 4 hours and 12 minutes. He shared the video of his achievement on his ‘Outdoor Boys’ channel.
Where is Luke Now?
Luke is currently living in Fairfax, Virginia with his wife and three sons. He is pursuing his passion for the outdoors and YouTube. He is also involved in some new endeavors, such as:
- Leaving his job as a police officer: Luke left his job as a police officer in Fairfax County in December 2023. He had joined the police force in April 2020 after leaving his law firm. He said that he enjoyed his time as a police officer, but he wanted to focus more on his family and YouTube.
- Preparing for a new internship: Luke is preparing for a new internship at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C. He will be working as a research assistant for the Department of Vertebrate Zoology. He said that he is excited to learn more about the animals and fossils that he loves.
- Settling cases as a criminal defense attorney: Luke is still settling some of his pending cases as a criminal defense attorney. He said that he is not taking any new clients, but he is helping his old clients to resolve their legal issues.
- Continuing his education: Luke is continuing his education by taking online courses on various topics, such as wildlife conservation, environmental law, and outdoor photography. He said that he is always eager to learn new things and improve his skills.
Luke Nicholas is a multifaceted and talented person who has achieved success in different fields, such as law, YouTube, and the outdoors. He is also a devoted husband and father who loves spending time with his family. He is currently pursuing his passion for the outdoors and YouTube, while also exploring new opportunities and challenges. He is an inspiration for many people who want to follow their dreams and live an adventurous life.