If you are already thinking about the prom in 2022, it is good to plan ahead and when it comes to finding the right prom dress, there are many different styles. We should choose garments that reflect our personality and with that in mind, here are some of the popular dress styles for prom dresses in 2022.
- Ballroom Gown – Another traditional style that has stood the test of time and for the best designer ballroom gowns, search for the online designer dress boutique, where you can view dresses by many well-known designers. Rich colours and a wide range of fabrics give you plenty of choice and if in doubt, order the next size up. It is easier to take in than let out. You will need at least one session with a local seamstress for minor alterations, so factor this into your timeline.
- One Shoulder Dresses – Why not opt for a single strap number and show some skin? The list of designers is indeed long and fit is very important with this style. Ask a seamstress or dressmaker to measure, then you will be sure of the right size.
- A-Line Prom Dresses – This is the traditional style dress with a flowing skirt that flares from the waist, hence the A name and it might be a corset style top or even a two piece number. If you are on the hunt for your perfect prom dress, there are discount prom dresses online from a leading designer dress boutique, where you will find an extensive catalogue of creations and some are on special offer.
- Strapless Design – Bare shoulders are all the rage and with the right accessories, this is a very attractive style. Designers like Sherri Hill have some racy numbers in rich colours and patterns and the online boutique offers designer dresses at affordable prices.
- V-Neckline – A popular choice for the prom, the V-neck dress is elegant and traditional. Make sure you wear a stunning feature necklace to accentuate the cut and with the online boutique, you can search by style, which makes it much easier to find what you are looking for. No one wants to scroll through dresses that do not appeal and smart searching cuts all that out.
- Empire Dresses – As the name suggests, this style was worn by the aristocracy and later became popular with the general population. If you like the stately look, the Empire style designer dress is the perfect choice; wearing mom’s diamonds is recommended! The dress is tight to the waist and often embellished to add volume to the top section.
- Two-Piece Number – The two-piece is very trendy with teenagers and is a great idea if you wish to show a little midriff (and why not?) If you have the shape, this is a great way to accentuate your assets.
These are just some of the dress styles that can be worn to the prom and the best place to start your quest for the perfect prom dress is a designer dress boutique.