If you are looking for a convenient and secure way to access your medical records and manage your health care online, you might want to check out MyWakeHealth. MyWakeHealth is a free patient portal that allows you to communicate with your doctor, view your test results, request prescription refills, schedule appointments, and more.
In this article, we will explain what MyWakeHealth is, how to create an account, what features and services it offers, and some important notes for employees.
What is MyWakeHealth and Its Benefits?
MyWakeHealth is a patient portal that is provided by Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist, a leading academic medical center in North Carolina. MyWakeHealth enables you to access your health information from any device with an internet connection, 24/7. Some of the benefits of using MyWakeHealth are:
- Communicate with your doctor: You can send secure messages to your doctor’s office and get answers to your medical questions from the comfort of your own home.
- Access test results: You can view your test results and your doctor’s comments within days, without waiting for a phone call or letter.
- Request prescription refills: You can request refills for your medications online and pick them up at your preferred pharmacy.
- Manage appointments: You can schedule, cancel, or reschedule your appointments online and receive email reminders.
How to Create a MyWakeHealth Account
Creating a MyWakeHealth account is easy and free. There are different options for new users, current users, and activation options.
- New Users: If you are new to MyWakeHealth, you can sign up online using a third-party secure system to verify your identity. You will need to provide some personal information, such as your name, date of birth, email address, and phone number. You will also need to create a username and password for your account.
- Current Users: If you already have an account, you can sign in at mywakehealth.org. You will need to enter your username and password. If you forgot your username or password, you can use the links on the login page to reset them.
- Activation Options: If you have received an activation code from your doctor’s office or on your billing statement, you can use it to activate your account. You can also request an activation code by mail or in person at any of our clinics.
Features and Services of MyWakeHealth
MyWakeHealth offers a variety of features and services to help you manage your health care online. Some of them are:
- Access on the go: You can download the MyChart app from the app store (iPhone or Android) and access your MyWakeHealth account from your mobile device. You can also use the app to scan barcodes on medication bottles and access health information from other organizations that use MyChart.
- Frequently asked questions: You can view the myWakeHealth FAQs to get answers to questions about enrollment, accessing a family member’s records, technical issues, and more.
- Support and resources: You can contact the myWakeHealth support team by phone at 855-560-5111 or by email at [email protected] if you need any assistance with your account. You can also access the health library to search for health topics and information.
Important Notes for Employees
If you are an employee of Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist, there are some important notes that you should be aware of regarding MyWakeHealth.
- Two-factor remote access instructions: If you want to access MyWakeHealth from outside the network, you will need to use two-factor authentication. You can find the instructions on how to set up and use two-factor authentication on the remote access page.
- Changes in access to systems: As of October 1, 2023, employees will no longer be able to access Epic Hyperspace or other clinical systems from outside the network using Citrix. Instead, employees will need to use VPN or VDI to access these systems remotely. You can find more information on the remote access page.
- Accessing MyWakeHealth for employee health and internal purposes: Employees who want to use MyWakeHealth for their own health care or for internal purposes (such as research or education) will need to create a separate account from their work account. Employees will not be able to use their work email address or phone number for their personal account. Employees will also need to use a different browser or device when accessing their personal account.
MyWakeHealth is a free patient portal that allows you to access your medical records and manage your health care online. It offers many benefits, such as communicating with your doctor, viewing test results, requesting prescription refills, managing appointments, and more. You can create an account online using a third-party secure system, an activation code, or in person at any of our clinics. You can also access your account from your mobile device using the MyChart app. If you are an employee, you should be aware of some important notes regarding two-factor remote access, changes in access to systems, and accessing MyWakeHealth for employee health and internal purposes. If you have any questions or need any help, you can contact the myWakeHealth support team or visit the myWakeHealth FAQs. We hope you enjoy using MyWakeHealth and find it useful for your health care needs.