With over 100 million users, Snapchat is used mainly by millennials and Gen Z, aged 18-34. In the last year, the videos uploaded went up by 350%. Brands that use Snapchat are few; hence there is little competition for those there. If you are a brand looking to get into Snapchat, consider getting a Snapchat SMM Panel. Several brands on Snapchat do not do so well because of poor strategies.
In this article, we look at the mistakes businesses make on Snapchat. So if you want to take your brand or business to Snapchat, consider looking at these mistakes to avoid them later.
We cannot list all the mistakes businesses make on this social media platform, but we certainly can mention the most common ones we see repeated by most brands.
- One of the most common mistakes we see made on Snapchat is when people take snaps horizontally instead of vertically. Unfortunately, beginners are the ones who commonly make this mistake. This is because people on Snapchat are used to looking at your snap from top to bottom; the content should always be vertical.
- Another mistake is a lack of planning in your snaps; some people need an exact purpose or aim to take snaps. You should always be intentional with your post; there should be a plan or rationale behind every post. Doing this will help your customers look forward to your post and interact with them regularly. Posts that are uploaded randomly usually don’t get a lot of engagement.
- Brands also tend to use some of the other app features here; it is always good to remember that most social media platforms work differently. How you run one app is different from how you run the rest. It is not a one-size-fits-all, some apps, for example, will require you to post up to 4 times a day, like Twitter, but you cannot do the same for Instagram. The same applies to Snapchat; features like tagging and hashtags only sometimes work. You might have to experiment and research to see what will work for you and what won’t.
- Going to the extreme promotion end is another mistake we have seen many brands struggling with; If you focus too much on product showcasing, you will realize your content will get less engagement. The only way to increase reach and engagement is by being unique and consistent in storytelling. This means learning to balance between showcasing your products and services and, at the same time, trying to entertain and keep your audience hooked.
- While talking about content, you should also keep a keen eye on the subject of your posts. Do not stick to one subject; your content should not be about corporate life or covering events; this is too boring; instead, try mixing it up and see what gets the most engagement and reception.
- Whatever content you are putting out should also be spontaneous, don’t just put out one type of content, photo, or video. Instead, mix it up; sticking to one format might make your snaps appear repetitive and boring.
- Finally, not mentioning your Snapchat account also counts as a business mistake. How else are people supposed to find you if they don’t know your account exists? So ensure you mention it on your website and promote your snap code.
There are a lot of mistakes that people on Snapchat make, but these are the ones we have seen repeatedly. Other errors include stories being too long or too short and posting too frequently. However, if you steer off the ones mentioned above, you should notice a difference in your growth on Snapchat.