Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is a 2.5D side-scrolling action-adventure platform video game that features a hero named Sargon, a young member of a warrior clan named The Immortals. Sargon must travel to the cursed city of Mount Qaf to rescue the kidnapped Prince Ghassan.
One of the most challenging and exciting parts of the game is escaping from the prison where Sargon is captured by the evil Shahbaz, the ruler of Mount Qaf. In this article, we will guide you through the steps for escaping the prison, as well as the boss battles and challenges you will face along the way.
Steps for Escaping Prison in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
The prison escape sequence begins after Sargon is thrown into a cell by Shahbaz’s guards. Here are the steps you need to follow to break out of the prison and reach the upper city.
- Pick up chains and break the ceiling: The first thing you need to do is pick up the chains that are lying on the floor of your cell. You can use them as a weapon and as a tool to break the ceiling. To break the ceiling, you need to swing the chains and hit the weak spot that is marked by a crack. Once you break the ceiling, you can climb up and enter the ventilation shaft.
- Use Sargon’s weapons: As you make your way through the ventilation shaft, you will encounter a guard who has Sargon’s weapons: a pair of blades and a talisman. You need to defeat the guard and reclaim your weapons. The blades will allow you to slash through enemies and obstacles, while the talisman will grant you access to time-based powers that can help you in combat and platforming.
- Fight off guards and dodge traps: After you get your weapons back, you will have to fight off more guards and dodge various traps that are set up in the prison. Some of the traps include spikes, blades, fire, and falling rocks. You need to use your skills and timing to avoid them. You can also use your time-based powers to manipulate time and space. For instance, you can use Rush of the Simurgh to dash forward through time, or Shadow of the Simurgh to place a shadow marker that you can return to instantaneously.
- Hidden breakable walls: One of the secrets of the prison is that there are hidden breakable walls that can lead you to secret rooms and shortcuts. You can identify these walls by looking for cracks or signs of damage. You can break them by using your blades or your chains. Some of the hidden rooms contain Time crystals, which can be used to purchase upgrades for your weapons.
Boss Battles and Challenges Throughout the Escape
The prison escape is not only about escaping, but also about facing some of the most formidable foes and challenges in the game. Here are some of the boss battles and challenges you will encounter during your escape.
- Giant Crab in the Catacombs: After you exit the ventilation shaft, you will enter the catacombs, a dark and damp area filled with bones and corpses. Here, you will face a giant crab that will try to crush you with its claws and pincers. You need to dodge its attacks and hit its weak spots, which are its eyes and its belly. You can also use your time-based powers to slow down time or create a shadow marker to escape its attacks.
- Alternate Sargon (Shahbaz’ Spirit) in the Sacred Archives: After you defeat the giant crab, you will enter the sacred archives, a library that contains ancient books and scrolls. Here, you will face a twisted version of yourself, created by Shahbaz’s spirit. This alternate Sargon has the same weapons and powers as you, but he is faster and stronger. You need to match his moves and parry his attacks to build up your Athra’s Glow, which allows you to unleash a special ability when it is completely filled. You can also use different talismans to alter your abilities and gain an edge over your opponent.
Navigating the Upper City
After you defeat the alternate Sargon, you will finally reach the upper city, where you will have to find and neutralize Vahram, Shahbaz’s right-hand man, and face The Tiger and The Rat, two of the most notorious criminals in Mount Qaf.
- Finding and neutralizing Vahram: Vahram is the one who kidnapped Prince Ghassan and brought him to Mount Qaf. He is also the one who controls the city’s defenses and security. You need to find him and neutralize him before he alerts Shahbaz of your escape. Vahram is hiding in a tower that is guarded by several soldiers and turrets. You need to sneak past them or fight them, depending on your preference. Once you reach the tower, you need to confront Vahram and defeat him in a one-on-one duel.
- Facing The Tiger and The Rat: The Tiger and The Rat are two of the most feared and respected criminals in Mount Qaf. They are also the leaders of the Thieves’ Guild, a group of outlaws and rebels who oppose Shahbaz’s rule. They have a history with Sargon, as they were his mentors and friends before he joined The Immortals. They will offer you their help and support, but they will also test your loyalty and skills. You will have to face them in a series of challenges that will involve stealth, combat, and parkour. You will also have to make some choices that will affect your relationship with them and the outcome of the game.
Escaping from prison in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is a thrilling and rewarding experience that will test your abilities and challenge your decisions. By following the steps and tips in this article, you will be able to break out of the prison and reach the upper city, where you will continue your quest to rescue Prince Ghassan and stop Shahbaz. We hope you enjoyed this article and found it helpful. Happy gaming! 😊