Censorship in social media has been a significant worry for a big chunk of creators across the globe. While social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc., have uplifted the game of content creation, a fraction of creators suffer to get their content sailing due to the restrictions imposed on these platforms. For the past few years, creators across the globe have yearned for the benefits of a censor-free social media space.
For such creators, Onlyfans and sites like Onlyfans are a haven to showcase their content and earn profits from that. This article will discuss how you can start a website similar to Onlyfans to gain maximum profit in the content creation domain.
What is Onlyfans?
OnlyFans is a premium content subscription platform that features exotic and erotic content. This platform connects the content creators directly with the masses paying to watch their content. Being a subscription-based platform, the fans/users will have to pay a certain amount to see the content posted by their favorite creators. With no censorship on content, the creators can post erotic content and earn money on the go. Creators can use their other social media handles to direct their fans to Onlyfans, where they promise to provide exclusive content in exchange for money.
Perform the required groundwork
Before setting up any website, you must spend a reasonable amount of time understanding the market and a few more technicalities. As the first step, you must set a target audience. Once your target audience is established, you can concentrate on integrating the content and features that your website needs to satisfy the needs of your audience.
Since you are building a censorship-free social media platform, complying with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act guidelines is crucial. Once you have come this far, you can jump into the actual building process.
A pro tip: Instead of making a website from scratch, you can always purchase readymade scripts that will help you replicate a platform like Onlyfans; these are called Onlyfans Clone scripts.
What are the key features of an Onlyfans Clone website?
Apart from being a one-stop collection of all content, Onlyfans is also known for its cutting-edge features that you must include in your website to earn well. This section will discuss a few of these features that your website must contain to be a successful Onlyfans clone.
- Live Streaming: Adding a Live Streaming function to your website allows the user and the creator to leap beyond the conventions of pre-recorded content. This feature will give your website an edge over the other competitors and bring fans and celebrities closer through the Go Live feature. You can put an option where the fans can have a face-to-face chat with their favorite creators. The part will bring extra opportunities for the creators to earn and increase the intimacy between the fans and the creators.
- Social Media Integration: Social media can be one of the most powerful tools to attract a crowd to your website. With the social media integration function, the creators can link their various social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, Tik-Tok, etc., and use them; they can draw a crowd to your censorship-free website where these fans get premium content in exchange for money.
- Tipping: The Creators in Onlyfans earn a considerable chunk of their money from the tipping feature. This feature allows the Fans who love the creators’ performance to express their satisfaction through tipping options. To make things easier, you can set predetermined tipping values for the fans to select across. Adding the feature will open more earning opportunities for you and the creator.
- Pay Per View Messaging: To manage a website like Onlyfans, you must keep your creator’s base happy. One of the best ways to do this is to let the creator decide their videos and content pricing. You can integrate a private messaging function where a fan can privately message and talk to the creator, where the fans will get charged for each message they exchange.
- Merchandise Selling: It is always wise to find more and more ways to earn extra money through your platform. One of the sure-fire ways to do this is by allowing the creators to sell specific merchandise online.
Strategize UI/UX design
One of the main reasons behind the failure of a website is the poorly executed UI/UX design. As an owner, you must understand that designing is not only limited to aesthetics. It summarizes the behaviors and attitudes of the fan and the creator while browsing through your website. Follow these steps to ace the designing part.
- Before getting into the actual design, have a plan of action. Remember to design your website according to the person’s convenience of the creators or the fans. Don’t make the functions too complicated for them to understand.
- One of the biggest mistakes is to assume that a user knows what you know. During the designing process, always think that the user knows absolutely nothing about using the interface. As the creator, something that may seem obvious to you might be completely unknown to your user.
- The most crucial factor to note is navigation. The website should be designed in a way that the navigation is consistent throughout the entire website. If the chat is on the bottom right corner of the live streaming page, keep it there. If the tipping button is green for one creator, don’t make the next one red or another color. Being consistent will help you to gain the trust of the user.
Follow the steps mentioned above, and you will be able to create a website like Onlyfans successfully. But remember to be patient. It might take a while before your platform gains reach and popularity. Consistency is the key.