After purchasing a brand-new Brother Printer, it is a must to connect it to the network to make the device work smoothly and conveniently. Hence, it is essential to know the setup process of the Brother printer correctly.
Setup Brother Printer on a Wireless Network: A Step-by-Step Guide
Here, we are going to provide some step-by-step instructions that will help you to connect the Brother printer to a wireless network.
Before connecting the Brother printer to Wi-Fi, perform some other workarounds. So, if you have already tried to configure the Wi-Fi connection, then reset the wireless card first.
How to Reset the Wireless Connection on the Brother Printer?
Here’s how to do this:
- First and foremost, turn the Brother printer On.
- Next, press the Menu button from the Control Panel of your Brother printer.
- Select the ‘Network’ option from the list and press the OK button.
- Afterward, choose the ‘Network Reset’ option from the next menu and press the OK button once again.
- Now, select the Reset option. Next, confirm your action by choosing the Yes option.
Now, you have successfully reset the wireless card of your Brother printer. Now, you can connect the Brother Printer to the wireless network.
How to Connect your Brother Printer on a Broadcast Network?
To perform the setup procedure, first, find out the access point or network settings of your Brother printer. Note down the device’s Network Name (EDDID or SSID) and Network Key (Encryption Key, Security Key, Password).
To find the Network Key and Network Name, check the side or base of the wireless router. Or else you can also check the documentation sent with the wireless router.
Afterward, you can perform these steps:
- In the beginning, turn the device On and press the Menu button from the Control Panel of the device.
- Choose the ‘Network’ option by using the Down or Up arrow key and press the OK button.
- Next, select the ‘WLAN’ option and then press the OK button. Afterward, choose the ‘Setup Wizard’ option from the next menu and press the OK button again.
- Enable the wireless network by choosing the On option from the ‘WLAN Enable’ option. It will then start the setup wizard of the wireless network.
- After a few seconds, it will open a list of all the available Network Names. Then, choose the particular SSID by using the Down or Up arrow keys that you noted down earlier.
- The printer will prompt you if you wish to use the WPS. Select the ‘No (Manual)’ option.
- Next, enter the password of the wireless network.
- Lastly, download the Brother printer software and then install it on the system. Complete the settings by following the on-screen guidance.
Now, you successfully connect the Brother printer to Wi-Fi.