For students, the GCU Student Portal provides an easy-to-navigate and visually appealing place to find everything they need to succeed in their courses.
It is possible to log in and use this cutting-edge Grand Canyon University portal from any mobile device.
Logging into GCU’s Student Portal
The GCU portal can be accessed by clicking here.
- Go to the gcuportal.gcu.edu website.
- Accessed by students.
- Login to the GCU website using your GCU e-mail ([email protected]).
- Please enter your username and password.
- Log in to the myGCU portal using your GCU credentials.
If this is your first time logging into the GCU student portal, you will be prompted to set up account recovery methods.
Recovering from a lost or forgotten password may be as simple as clicking a link on the portal’s home page.
Multi-factor authentication may be activated if you see the message “More information required” even though your account has been set up for recovery.
Navigating the GCU portal
Grand Canyon University’s Student Portal is a one-stop shop for all of your university’s resources. You can check your GCU email, access your LoudCloud classroom, and more right from the GCU Portal home page!
Here are a few more features to look forward to:
- The application’s dashboard is completely customizable.
- Finance Hub is a simple-to-use app.
- Access to your class schedule and grades with a single click
- Information on how to get in touch with your personal therapist
- We’ve got everything you need to help your students succeed, right here.
How to reset your GCU student portal password
The GCU Portal allows you to reset your password for your GCU account. If you forget your GCU email password, you can reset it at any time. The new password will take effect for all websites linked to your GCU email.
You will be prompted to set up password recovery options the first time you log into the GCU Portal.
- Select either Student Access or Faculty Access from the drop-down menu at gcuportal.gcu.edu. Signing out of your account is required to complete this process.
- The Forgot my Password link will appear if you’re a college student.
- Go to the next step by entering your GCU email address, completing the CAPTCHA, and then clicking Next.
- A screen will appear with options to reset your password. Select the appropriate steps.
- Email my alternative email
- Text my mobile phone
- Call my mobile phone
- Once your password has been reset successfully, you will see the following screen. Select the “Click Here” link to sign in with your new password.
- Your GCU Student portal password has been reset.
How to request your transcripts in the GCU Portal
- Use your GCU email address and password to access the GCU Student Portal. Select My Apps, then tap the Transcript Request app.
- To proceed, click the Request Transcript button.
- Select Add Recipient.
- For Recipient Type, you’ll be able to choose from two options. Choose how many copies you want and enter the recipient’s information in accordance with the type you’ve chosen.
In the Recipient Type drop-down menu, select “Other” if you are sending your transcript to a different school or an alternate party. Input the recipient’s details here. The final step is to press the Save button.
NOTE The transcript will be mailed to the alternate party of your choice after you complete these steps. Contact your Student Services Counselor if you need an official transcript emailed to a different person.
Student: Select Student from the Recipient Type drop-down menu if you are the recipient of the transcript. If your GCU portal lists your address, the required fields in the form will be filled in automatically. After clicking Save, you’ll be redirected to the Add Recipient page, where you can add additional recipients or process your request, if necessary.
- Paying for your transcript request is as simple as clicking the Pay button on the Transcript Request page. The cost of processing an official transcript request is $8.00 per copy.
- You can make any last-minute adjustments from the Processing Payment page. Take a moment to review your agreement and click “I agree” in the “I accept” box. It is possible to use an already saved credit card or to enter a new one. To begin the transcript request or to add a new credit card, click on the process button.
- You will be notified via email when your transcript request has been successfully processed. If you want to save this confirmation for your records, you can choose to print a printer-friendly version or click Close to end the process.
Requesting a transcript via phone, email or fax is also an option.
How to request an unofficial transcript
- Go to the GCU Student Portal and log on.
- Make sure you’ve got the Class Schedule/Grades app installed on your phone.
- To obtain a PDF copy of your unofficial transcript, click Download Unofficial Transcript.
- Additionally, by clicking the plus/minus symbol next to each section, you can view your current, scheduled, and completed courses.
Alternatively, you can use the following method to gain access to your class schedule and unofficial transcript:
- Go to classschedule.gcu.edu to see the current schedule.
- Enter your GCU username and password to access the site and get started.
- To obtain a PDF copy of your class schedule and unofficial transcript, click on the Download Schedule button.
FAQs- GCU Student portal login issues
Are you having trouble logging into the GCU Portal?
If you are having trouble logging into your GCU Student Portal, check out the frequently asked questions below for solutions.
Q1. My GCU username isn’t working
Changing your GCU username to reflect a new legal name is a two-step process. First, you must update your GCU record with your new legal name.
Contact your Student Services Counselor to request a change in your legal name. Your counselor’s contact information can be found in your GCU Portal.
Q2. How do I regain access to my GCU application?
To access your application, use your Grand Canyon University Student Portal username and password instead of the ones associated with the application site if you have a student number. In the event that you lose or forget your GCU Portal password, you can reset it using the GCU Portal as you would with any other GCU site.
Q3. The GCU Portal does not allow me to see my grades. What should I do?
You can access your grades by logging into the GCU Portal after your instructor has posted them.
Find and click on the Class Schedule / Grades app after you’ve signed in.
Choose a programme of study drop-down menu if you have more than one degree option available.
You can view your courses in three different ways: Current, Scheduled, and Completed. By clicking the plus or minus sign next to each section, you can narrow down your search results.
The Download Schedule option at the top of the page will allow you to download a complete list of all of your courses and grades.
Q4. My GCU email is not accessible in the GCU Portal?
Your GCU username and GCU email address will be sent to you after completing the enrollment process at Grand Canyon University.
Checking your email regularly is essential because you’ll receive messages from your counsellor, professors and the University itself.
Login to the GCU Portal to access your email. Click the Email icon on the dashboard of your My Apps.
You’ll be redirected to your Outlook email inbox from this page.
As a first-time user, you may be asked to select your preferred language and time zone preferences. Choose your time zone based on where you are physically located.
Q5. How do I view my courses?
Classes that are less than five weeks away, as well as ones that are currently scheduled, will have their names abbreviated (3 days before start).
The LoudCloud classroom for that course will open in a new window if you click on the course abbreviation. Please note that the GCU Student Portal will remain open during this time.
If your current courses aren’t showing up under ‘My Courses,’ try refreshing the tab.
To the right of My Courses, click the three dots (…).
Then, click Refresh. After that, the course should appear.
Q6. GCU student portal not working?
Regular maintenance and service interruptions might make the GCU Student Portal unavailable from time to time.
Q7. How do I access LoudCloud GCU?
Logging into the Grand Canyon University Student Portal is all it takes to get to your LoudCloud classes. Using the GCU Student Portal to access your classroom, you will need to enter your GCU email address and password to log in. If you prefer to use your regular GCU username and password instead of @my.gcu.edu, you can do so through LoudCloud.
Q8. What is GCU LoudCloud?
Graton Canyon University uses LoudCloud as its learning management system. Some time ago, GCU students were transitioned out of ANGEL and into LoudCloud. An intuitive navigation system, a visually appealing interface, and a calendar view of assignment due dates with reminders are just some of the features that make LoudCloud stand out.
Q9. What is the GCU Housing portal?
Traditional students can use the GCU Housing Portal app to arrange their living arrangements on campus. This app will not be available to you if you don’t live on campus. Housing applications and roommate agreements can both be found inside of the app.