Ben Shapiro is a well-known conservative commentator, author, and media personality. But what about his sister, Abigail Shapiro? Who is she and why is she so controversial? In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about Ben Shapiro’s sister, from her personal life and career to the controversies surrounding her online persona, “Classically Abby”.
Who is Abigail Shapiro?
Abigail Shapiro is the younger sister of Ben Shapiro. She was born on November 8, 1993, in Los Angeles, California, to a conservative Jewish family. She is also the cousin of actress Mara Wilson.
Abigail Shapiro is a conservative influencer, stage actor, and opera singer. She has a YouTube channel and an Instagram account under the name “Classically Abby”, where she posts videos and photos about conservatism, femininity, modesty, motherhood, and lifestyle. She also has a blog and a podcast where she shares her views and advice on various topics.
Abigail Shapiro is also a singer who has performed opera arias since she was a child. She attended the Manhattan School of Music and has appeared in several musical productions. She also sings on her YouTube channel and sometimes collaborates with her husband, Jacob Roth, who is a violinist.
Controversies surrounding “Classically Abby”
Abigail Shapiro’s online presence as “Classically Abby” has attracted a lot of attention, both positive and negative. She has faced trolling and online hate from people who disagree with her conservative values or mock her appearance. She has also been accused of using her brother’s fame to gain followers and influence.
Some of the controversies surrounding “Classically Abby” include:
- Trolling and online hate: Abigail Shapiro has been a target of anti-Semitic remarks, hornyposting, memes, and fan art on platforms such as 4chan, 8chan, iFunny, Reddit, and Twitter. Some of these posts refer to her breasts as “khazar milkers” or make fun of her nose or voice.
- Influence of her brother’s fame: Abigail Shapiro has been criticized for capitalizing on her brother’s popularity and reputation to promote her own brand and agenda. Some people have suggested that she is trying to appeal to his fan base or ride on his coattails.
- Sisterly influence on Ben Shapiro’s work: Abigail Shapiro has also been speculated to have some influence on her brother’s work and opinions. Some people have noticed that Ben Shapiro has changed some of his views or softened his tone on certain issues, such as abortion, feminism, or transgenderism, after his sister started her online career. Some have attributed this to his sister’s persuasion or pressure.
- Criticism of her traditional values: Abigail Shapiro has also faced backlash for expressing her traditional values and beliefs on various topics, such as marriage, family, gender roles, sexuality, religion, politics, culture, and fashion. She has been accused of being anti-feminist, anti-LGBTQ+, anti-choice, anti-science, anti-modern, and anti-diversity. Some of her controversial statements include:
- Women should dress modestly to get the attention they deserve and not tempt men.
- Women should prioritize having children over having careers and not delay motherhood.
- Women should not have abortions because they are unnatural and immoral.
- Men should be masculine and not wear dresses or makeup.
- People should only marry people of their own faith and not intermarry with other religions or cultures.
Personal life and career
Abigail Shapiro married Jacob Roth in 2008. They have four children together: two daughters and two sons. They live in Texas with their dog, Winston Churchill.
Abigail Shapiro started her YouTube channel in 2019 as a space for conservative women to form an online community and share their views on various topics. She has over 100K subscribers and over 10 million views on her channel. She also has over 50K followers on Instagram, where she posts photos of her family, outfits, makeup, books, and hobbies.
Abigail Shapiro’s main goal is to promote traditional values and femininity in today’s society. She believes that being classic means being confident, elegant, graceful, respectful, kind, loyal, honest, faithful, moral, and virtuous. She also believes that being conservative means being pro-life, pro-family, pro-freedom, pro-America, pro-Israel, pro-religion, pro-capitalism, pro-military, pro-law enforcement, and pro-constitution.
Abigail Shapiro is more than just Ben Shapiro’s sister. She is a conservative influencer, stage actor, and opera singer who has created her own online brand and community as “Classically Abby”. She has also faced a lot of controversies and criticisms for her traditional values and beliefs. Whether you agree with her or not, she is a fascinating and influential figure in the conservative movement and the online culture war.