Netflix is constantly updating its library of movies and shows, which means that some titles have to leave the platform every month. In this article, we will tell you what’s leaving Netflix in January 2024, and give you some tips on how to watch them before they are gone. We will also suggest some alternatives on other streaming services that you might enjoy.
Full List of Movies & Shows Leaving Netflix in January 2024
Here is the full list of movies and shows that will be leaving Netflix in January 2024:
- Get Out
- Spy Kids
- Eat Pray Love
- The Social Network
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Notable Removals and Their Release Dates
Some of these titles are very popular and acclaimed, so you might want to catch them before they leave. Here are some of the notable removals and their release dates:
- La La Land (January 1): The Oscar-winning musical starring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone as two aspiring artists who fall in love in Los Angeles.
- How to Train Your Dragon (January 5): The animated adventure about a young Viking who befriends a dragon and learns to coexist with the mythical creatures.
- The Killing of a Sacred Deer (January 10): The psychological thriller by Yorgos Lanthimos, director of The Favourite, about a surgeon who faces a terrible dilemma when his family is threatened by a mysterious boy.
- Heat (January 15): The classic crime drama by Michael Mann, featuring Al Pacino and Robert De Niro as a cop and a robber who are locked in a cat-and-mouse game.
Other Titles Leaving Netflix in January 2024
There are also some other titles that you might want to check out before they leave Netflix in January 2024. Here are some of them:
- Begin Again (January 20): The romantic comedy-drama about a struggling singer-songwriter who meets a disgraced music producer and forms a bond over their passion for music.
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (January 25): The cult comedy based on the graphic novel series, starring Michael Cera as a slacker who has to defeat his new girlfriend’s seven evil exes.
- Sightless (January 28): The suspenseful thriller about a blind woman who suspects that someone is stalking her after a violent attack.
- Murder on the Orient Express (January 30): The adaptation of Agatha Christie’s classic mystery novel, starring Kenneth Branagh as the famous detective Hercule Poirot, who has to solve a murder on a train.
- 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (January 31): The action film by Michael Bay, based on the true story of the 2012 attack on the US diplomatic compound in Libya.
What This Means for Netflix Subscribers & Possible Alternatives
If you are a Netflix subscriber, you might be wondering what this means for you and what you can do to enjoy these titles before they leave. Here are some recommendations and suggestions:
- Watch them as soon as possible: The easiest way to catch these titles before they leave is to watch them as soon as possible. You can use the “My List” feature on Netflix to add them to your queue and prioritize them. You can also set reminders on your calendar or phone to watch them before their release dates.
- Look for alternatives on other streaming platforms: If you miss these titles or want to watch something similar, you can look for alternatives on other streaming platforms. For example, you can watch The Greatest Showman on Disney+, Parasite on Hulu, Knives Out on Amazon Prime Video, or The Irishman on Netflix. You can use services like JustWatch or Reelgood to find out where to stream any movie or show.
- Stay updated on titles leaving Netflix: To avoid missing out on any titles that are leaving Netflix, you can stay updated on the latest news and announcements. You can follow Netflix on social media, subscribe to their newsletter, or check their website for the monthly list of titles leaving the platform. You can also use apps like Upflix or Flixable to get notifications and alerts on titles leaving Netflix.
Netflix is a great streaming service that offers a wide variety of movies and shows, but it also has to remove some titles every month to make room for new ones. In this article, we told you what’s leaving Netflix in January 2024, and gave you some tips on how to watch them before they are gone. We also suggested some alternatives on other streaming services that you might enjoy. We hope you found this article helpful and informative, and that you have a great time watching these titles before they leave Netflix. Happy streaming!