There are plenty of reasons to consider smoking less. One out of every two smokers, worldwide, will die of a tobacco related illness. Cigarettes and tobacco products are becoming more expensive every year. Smoking can damage the skin, and increase signs of ageing. The positive effects of quitting smoking can be felt immediately.
- You will greatly reduce the risk of developing a life-threatening disease.
- By eliminating the cost of tobacco products you will save money.
- The quality of your skin, teeth, and hair will improve. Bad breath will be less of a problem.
- Clothes and textiles in the home will smell nicer.
- The air quality in your home will be much improved.
- You will no longer be exposing others to second-hand smoke.
How to Stop Smoking.
Reducing the amount you smoke can be difficult. Nicotine is a highly addictive substance, however, there are alternatives to cigarettes.
Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
These pouches contain nicotine, and are placed between the gum and lip. They can be used for up to an hour, and are not smoked or swallowed. You can check this one out if you wanna try out Nicotine Pouches.
These patches are applied directly to the skin. They give a dose of nicotine that is absorbed through the skin.
One of the reasons many people relapse while trying to quit smoking, is the effects of withdrawal from nicotine. Exercise is known to reduce the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal. Even ten minutes of exercise can help fend off tobacco cravings. Going to the gym while trying to quit may be an alternative social activity.
When experiencing tobacco cravings, a good way to cope is to distract yourself. One way to do this is to eat something. There are some foods that will actually make cigarettes taste worse, which will discourage smoking. Milk, yoghurt, and vegetables are just some of the foods that can make cigarettes taste worse.