WordPress is a leader among content management systems. Its huge popularity is due to its ease of use, high level of personalization, and effectiveness of SEO options. Currently, around 35% of all websites are built based on WordPress. The main advantage of creating a website with its help is its simplicity and intuitiveness. Even new Internet users will quickly learn the basics of using a WordPress website and will be able to edit and add new content by themselves.
What is WordPress?
At its core, WordPress is the easiest and most popular way to create your own website or blog. On a slightly more technical level, it is an open-source content management system licensed under the GPLv2, meaning anyone can use or modify it for free. A content management system is basically a tool that makes it easy to manage important aspects of a website – such as content – without needing any programming knowledge. As a result, WordPress makes website development accessible to everyone – even non-programmers. And what’s equally important – it allows smooth SEO activities to make your website visible in search results. Using a good WordPress SEO agency, it’s not a problem to get on top.
Also check Top 5 WordPress Text Editor Plugins
What kind of website can be based on WordPress?
You can create almost any type of website on WordPress. You can use it to create websites such as a blog, company website, shop, etc. Here are some examples:
- Company website – WordPress is the most frequently chosen website development platform for companies. Using the platform, you can create a business card website for a small firm, as well as a large enterprise website for a corporation.
- WordPress blog – you can create basically any type of blog: lifestyle, travel, culinary, photoblog, and more.
- Portfolio and photo gallery – portfolio site based on WordPress allows you to manage all your projects in one place. It also gives you many different options for displaying your works on the site.
- Online store – thanks to WooCommerce a website based on WordPress can be transformed into a professional online store.
- E-learning courses – WordPress can be a tool for creating and selling online courses, e-books, or videos. On such an e-learning website you can create educational courses with elements of a quiz, video, or sounds.
- Online booking system – WordPress can also be a system to handle requests for booking places and services with the possibility of payment. It will work for any profession that requires an online booking system: hotel, guesthouse, restaurant, or hairdresser.
- Event website – a website that facilitates the promotion and organization of events and conferences. Page with the description of the event and the possibility of registering for it.
- Dedicated website – a website for demanding customers based on a dedicated WordPress theme, with special solutions and functionalities.
First Things First
You’ve made a decision about launching a website based on WordPress? Great! Now it’s time to find the best hosting and your domain’s name. After that, you will want to adjust your designs and install usable plugins to get more features. And lastly, create your key pages and fill them with content!