Today, there are various types of inverter batteries available in the market that you can choose from. But it often gets confusing for consumers to pick the right inverter battery for their power backup system, especially when making a choice based on technical aspects such as technology and capacity.
In this guide, we are going to take an in-depth look at two popular battery types: a tubular battery and a GEL battery. So, if you want to know everything about tubular batteries and GEL batteries, along with their features and benefits, keep reading.
What is a Tubular Battery?
A tubular battery is a type of lead-acid battery that is designed for long power cuts and comes with long service lives compared to other batteries. In addition, tubular batteries have a complex design as they are made using several fiberglass tubes – hence the name. However, a tubular battery is extremely reliable once deployed for the operation, making it one of the most popular battery types for homes and offices with heavy-load equipment requiring constant power backup for extended periods.
Benefits of a Tubular Battery
- A tubular battery has a longer lifecycle and easily lasts anywhere between 5 to 15 years if proper care and maintenance are followed.
- It has a highly reliable and robust design.
- A tubular battery offers exceptional performance under high temperatures and extreme weather conditions.
- Tubular batteries provide consistency in performance, making them a great choice for running expensive and heavy-duty appliances.
- longer backup.
- A tubular battery requires minimal water top-up; hence, low maintenance costs.
- Perfect for home UPS inverters.
- Ideal for areas with longer power cuts.
What is GEL Battery?
GEL batteries are the most eco-friendly batteries you can get for your household or workplace. Plus, they are built using the latest GEL technology, which gives them 20% more efficiency compared to other batteries in their class. Moreover, GEL batteries are the safest option for homes with kids and older people because they have minimum fume and gas emissions.
Benefits of a GEL Battery
- GEL batteries are eco-friendly, as there is minimal harmful release of gases and fumes.
- A GEL battery comes sealed, which ensures no risk of acid spillage.
- It requires zero maintenance.
- GEL batteries require no water top-up throughout their lifecycle.
- It offers consistent backup throughout its service life.
Which is the Best Choice for Your Home?
Since both a tubular battery and a GEL battery are exceptional, calling one better than the other would be unfair. Plus, it all mainly depends on your requirement as to what you are expecting from your battery. So, while the eco-friendly GEL battery is perfect for homes with frequent power cuts, the tubular battery is great for homes with longer power cuts.
However, the only point of contention is the pricing, as GEL batteries tend to cost a tad bit higher due to the technology they are based upon. But other than that, it’s entirely subjective as to which one is the best between the two.
Therefore, always go for a battery that solves your unique requirements to get a better quality in terms of service life, maintenance costs, power delivery, performance, and capacity. Luminous has a range of GEL and tubular batteries with superior build qualities, excellent service lives, and requires zero to very little maintenance. Even better, you get great after-sales services and customer support.
So, if you are looking to get yourself a new inverter battery, then do explore Luminous’ extensive catalog of GEL and tubular batteries to pick one that’s just right for you. If it’s the best is what you’re searching for, then do check out their collection today.