Shoes are the most essential part of a man’s wardrobe. They speak volumes about a man’s personality. There are many style options in the market, but nothing compares to leather. Often men find themselves in a fix as to which shoe should be worn to which event. Leather shoes are the one-stop solution for all your problems. It is the most sought fabric as it is extremely durable and lasts for long periods of time. They are immensely versatile and can be worn at your new job interview or a fancy dinner date. Leather shoe for men never go out of style and are a timeless item. Shoes make a considerable impact and give an insight into a person’s taste and preferences. It is an indispensable part of a man’s wardrobe and is a complete game-changer.
Importance of good-fitted shoes in a man’s life
In a man’s life, the kind of shoes he wears speaks louder than words. Most of the time, women tend to look at men’s shoes which often are a status symbol. However, having the right pair of shoes can be very helpful for various reasons.
- The right pair of shoes provides the much-needed cushion and support to your feet. A good-fitted shoe makes you feel at ease and extremely comfortable throughout the day. While buying shoes, you must have a thorough look at the midsole of the footwear as it provides the needed cushioning.
- Shoes play a fundamental role in keeping your feet healthy and preventing various infections.
How to choose the right leather shoes
Picking the right pair of leather shoes can often be a daunting task. While picking the perfect pair of leather shoes, you must consider a couple of things as it is more of an investment. First, you must remember to choose the right fit and comfort over style. Your feet should always feel good in them. The fact that whether the shoes would be worn casually or formally, color preference, etc. are some of the things which you must keep in mind.
1. Preferred style
- It has minimal frills and embellishments. It has a simple yet sophisticated design and is a timeless staple.
- It encompasses a non-rubber sole, low instep, and closed lacing. It can be paired with either formal wear or a casual look. It looks the best in a classic black shade.
- These comfortable slip-on shoes do not have laces or buckles. It is extremely comfortable as it has a wide, flat heel.
- They often come with tassels as well. Earlier, they were innovatively designed with a strap across the shoe.
- Dress Boots
- These are often ankle-length boots and differ massively from your conventional boots. They often come with a wingtip design.
- These pair well with a dark pair of jeans or a casual suit. It is your perfect pick for a semi-formal setting.
- Cap Toes
- These are decorated oxfords and have a formal touch to them. It usually has a band of leather over the toe. You can easily pair it with a leather wallet to add in that extra flair and elegance.
- Monk Strap
- These have a leather strap placed across the upper part of the shoe. The leather strap is connected to a metallic buckle which makes it perfect for a more casual environment.
- Color plays an essential role. Multiple color options are available in the market, such as black, brown, burgundy, oxblood, cordovan, chestnut, etc.
- Black is the most preferred color option. However, you must consider the level of shine. Good quality leather shoes have a high shine, polish, and This gives a luxurious touch to them. They can be easily paired with a well-fitted suit for a semi-formal event.
- While selecting a pair of brown shoes, you must keep their attire in mind. Some of the most popular hues of brown are cognac brown, which has a sharp appeal to it. Classic brown is the best option if you want to go for a more formal look. It often has an antiquated touch to it. A dark brown pair can be worn in a dressier ensemble.
3. To choose the best quality pair for your feet, you must consider these two factors.
- Leather uppers
- Leather can be divided into two categories, suede and smooth leather. Smooth leather is more appropriate for a formal setting. On the other hand, a good-quality suede has a comfortable, plush nap. It is highly versatile and has a more casual feel to it. The kind of sole should also be considered. It can either be leather or dainite.
- It tells you about the type of soles attached to your uppers. The three most prevalent types are:
- Blake Stitching – It attaches the upper directly to the outsole and insole of the shoe
- Goodyear Welting – a strip of leather is generally used to connect the upper and the outsole. The resoling process is an added bonus.
- Cementing – It is comparatively a cheaper way of attaching the shoe’s sole. These are not very
Shoes are a quintessential part of a man’s closet. The right pair of shoes and ensuring quality products at the best price can elevate your style and boost your confidence. Leather shoes for men are not only durable and breathable but also give you additional protection making them the right choice for you.