Raymond Ablack is a Canadian actor and comedian who has appeared in various movies and TV shows, ranging from drama to comedy. He is best known for his roles as Sav Bhandari in Degrassi: The Next Generation, Stoddard in Narcos, and Joe in Ginny & Georgia.
In this article, we will look at his early life and career, as well as some of his top movies and TV shows. We will also mention some of his other notable projects, such as his charity work, his upcoming projects, and his comedic performances.
Raymond Ablack’s Early Life and Career
Raymond Ablack was born on November 15, 1989, in Toronto, Ontario. He is the oldest of four siblings, and has two younger sisters, Cassandra and Rebecca, and a younger brother, Jared. His sister Rebecca is also an actress and co-starred with him in Ginny & Georgia. Ablack’s parents are of Indo-Guyanese descent.
Ablack started his career as a child actor, appearing in commercials and advertisements. In 2001, he won the role of Young Simba in the theatre production of The Lion King at the Princess of Wales Theatre in Toronto. He performed the role for one year.
In 2007, Ablack gained international exposure when he was cast as Sav Bhandari in the teen drama television series Degrassi: The Next Generation. He starred on the show for five years and appeared in more than 100 episodes. During this time, he also had a guest spot on the television series Life With Derek.
Since his time on Degrassi, Ablack has worked on several productions, including recurring roles in the BBC / Space television series Orphan Black, the Syfy series Defiance, and the Freeform series Shadowhunters. In addition to working as an actor, Ablack sometimes writes and performs stand-up comedy in Toronto.
Top Movies and TV Shows
Here are some of the top movies and TV shows that Raymond Ablack has been involved in:
- Orphan Black: This is a sci-fi thriller series that follows a group of clones who are being hunted by a mysterious organization. Ablack played Raj Singh, a tech expert who works for the Dyad Institute and helps one of the clones, Cosima. He appeared in four episodes from 2013 to 2016.
- Maid: This is a drama series that follows a single mother who becomes a house cleaner to make ends meet. Ablack played Nate, a charming lawyer who hires the protagonist, Alex, as his maid. He appeared in five episodes in 2021.
- Ashes: This is a short film that tells the story of a young man who struggles with grief after losing his father to cancer. Ablack played the lead role of Ravi, who tries to cope with his loss by scattering his father’s ashes in India. The film was released in 2017 and won several awards at film festivals.
- Private Eyes: This is a comedy-drama series that follows a former hockey player who becomes a private investigator with the help of his partner. Ablack played Danica Powers, a hacker who assists the main characters with their cases. He appeared in four episodes from 2018 to 2019.
- Good Witch- Spellbound: This is a TV movie that is part of the Good Witch franchise that revolves around a witch and her family who live in a small town. Ablack played Sean Elliot, a reporter who comes to town to cover a mysterious phenomenon. The movie was released in 2017.
Other Notable Projects
Apart from his acting career, Raymond Ablack has also been involved in other notable projects, such as:
- Charity work: Ablack has done extensive charity work throughout his career, mostly through Degrassi, including school-building missions with Me to We and Free the Children. He has also supported causes such as mental health awareness, anti-bullying campaigns, and environmental issues.
- Upcoming projects: Ablack has several upcoming projects that are expected to be released in 2022 or later. These include Love in the Villa, a romantic comedy series where he will star alongside Tom Hopper and Kat Graham; Stay the Night, a thriller movie where he will play Roshan; and Ginny & Georgia season 3 and 4, where he will reprise his role as Joe.
- Comedic performances: Ablack has showcased his comedic skills in various platforms, such as stand-up comedy shows, web series, and podcasts. Some examples are Cookie Biscuits Comedy, a web series where he plays Ray; Inside the Actors Cult, a short film where he plays Teacher; and The Beaverton Weekly Report Podcast , where he appears as himself.
Raymond Ablack is a versatile actor and comedian who has been entertaining audiences with his diverse roles and projects. He has proven himself as a talented performer who can handle both drama and comedy genres. He is also a generous and humble person who supports various charities and causes. He is definitely an actor to watch out for in the future.