Capcom has released a new update for Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection, a compilation of six classic RPGs featuring the blue bomber and his friends. The update adds some new features, fixes some bugs, and improves the quality of life for the players.
Changes and improvements in the update
The update includes the following changes and improvements:
- A ‘MegaMan Voice’ option has been added to Language Settings, allowing players to choose between different voice actors for MegaMan.EXE.
- A new (black) border has been added, giving players more options to customize their display settings.
- The online battle Custom Screen time limit has been changed to 30 seconds, making the matches more fast-paced and exciting.
- Fixed errors in in-game messages for both Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
- Fixed an issue in which comparing libraries would cause issues with P.A. Memo registration status and display.
- Fixed an issue in which using WindRack on an opponent during an online battle at a specific time would cause them to be forced off-screen.
- Fixed an issue in which performing certain actions on the Custom Screen would cause a portion of that screen to remain visible even after the start of the next turn.
- Fixed an issue in which an error would occur when jacking in at the Power Plant under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue in which speaking in the WaitingRoom to a Navi with certain characters in its entry name would cause an error to occur.
- Fixed an issue in which fulfilling certain conditions in the battle against ShadeMan SP would cause unexpected behavior to occur.
- Fixed an issue in which activating AntiRecv with certain Chips in an online battle would cause the skill to deal more damage than intended.
- Fixed an issue in which unnatural imaging and performance drops would occur in Drill Comp 4.
- Fixed an issue in which unnatural behavior would occur when speaking to NPCs, after researching Mystery Data, etc. at a certain point in the story.
- Fixed an issue in which pressing the jack out button when riding a cloud in MrWeathrComp or Pavilion Comp 3 would allow the player to fall off the cloud.
- Fixed an issue in online battles where, depending on network strength, spent Crosses and Chips would be available again at the start of the turn.
- Fixed an issue in which the initial reward for completing a virus battle while playing in English differed from that when playing in Japanese and Traditional/Simplified Chinese.
- Fixed an issue in which performing certain actions after setting Swordy in a Virus Battle would trigger a drop in performance.
Diversity and inclusivity in the game and community
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection is a game that celebrates diversity and inclusivity, both in its characters and its community. The game features a variety of Navis, each with their own personality, design, and abilities. Some of them are based on different cultures, such as TomahawkMan.EXE (Native American), KnightMan.EXE (European), and ToadMan.EXE (Japanese). The game also allows players to customize their own Navis with different colors, styles, chips, and souls.
The game’s community is also diverse and inclusive, as it welcomes players from different backgrounds, regions, and preferences. The game supports multiple languages, including English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese. The game also has online features that allow players to interact with each other, such as online battles, chat rooms, friend codes, leaderboards, and tournaments.
Examples of insensitive content warnings
While Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection is a game that promotes diversity and inclusivity, it also contains some content that may be considered insensitive or offensive by some players. For example:
- The game depicts some stereotypes of certain cultures or groups, such as Lan’s Indian friend Raoul who wears a turban and speaks with an accent.
- The game uses some terms that may be outdated or derogatory, such as “Netopian” (American), “Netfrican” (African), “Netopian Dog” (insult), “WWW” (World Three), “Darkloid” (dark Navi), “DarkChip” (corrupting chip).
- The game shows some scenes that may be disturbing or violent, such as MegaMan being infected by DarkChips, Navis being deleted or corrupted by viruses or enemies, Lan’s father being kidnapped by Nebula.
The game does not have any content warnings or parental controls to inform or protect the players from these potentially insensitive or harmful content. Therefore, players should be aware of these issues and exercise their own discretion and judgment when playing the game.
Fan reactions and opinions on the update
The update garnered largely favorable feedback from the game’s enthusiasts. Many have shown appreciation towards Capcom for their efforts to enhance game quality and performance with this release. New additions, including the MegaMan Voice option and the black border, earned praise for contributing to the game’s diversity and personalization. Additionally, some players noted a resolution of bugs and glitches like online battle issues and in-game message errors.
On the other hand, the update also faced some backlash. A few users found it lacking, as it didn’t address their key concerns or requests. Criticisms pointed out the lack of fresh content, such as new Navis, chips, modes or features. Additionally, several users reported that the update fell short of fixing the most bothersome glitches and bugs they encountered, including save data corruption, audio lag, and frame rate drop.
Overall review and conclusion
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection provides a heartwarming journey into nostalgia for both seasoned and fresh fans of the series. This game encompasses six iconic RPGs, showcasing an immersive gameplay system, captivating artwork, a tuneful soundtrack, and a versatile roster of characters. Furthermore, the game features online components, enabling players to connect and vie with global competitors.
The newly added update enhances the overall gameplay experience by introducing fresh features, fixing glitches, and refining user experience. Capcom’s release of the update demonstrates their concern for the gaming community and willingness to act on received feedback. However, the update doesn’t quite hit the mark, as it fails to address significant concerns that some players have. Although the update may not meet everyone’s tastes or expectations, it represents a promising progression for the game.
The Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection merits attention from any individual with an affinity for Mega Man, RPGs, or video games overall. This game is a true exemplar of its genre and its time, maintaining relevance and appeal today. The latest update enhances the game further, indicating Capcom’s dedication to nurturing and refining its product. The Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection is a gaming experience you won’t want to bypass.