Hulu Keeps Kicking Me Out :Many Hulu users are unhappy when the app closes while they are streaming and returns them to the device’s home screen. On several devices, including Roku, Samsung TV, and Firestick, the Hulu app is sending people out to the home screen. Users of the Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV are most likely to experience this. The reasons why Hulu keeps knocking you off are basically unknown right now. Outdated apps, a momentary device issue, a corrupted program, or Hulu logged into many devices are some of the recognized causes. If your Hulu is also throwing you out, try the solutions listed below.
Check also: How to Activate Plex on Your TV
How to Fix Hulu Keeps Crashing?
FIX 1: Completely restart Hulu
You can try restarting your Hulu app if your Hulu live tv or Hulu is crashing. Any temporary problem on your device will be resolved by restarting your Hulu app. Close the Hulu app and switch off your smartphone to accomplish this. After 2 minutes, your smartphone will restart and activate the Hulu app. Check to see if Hulu is working properly. If it continues to crash, check if your internet connection is functioning properly. You may test this by going to YouTube and watching some videos. You can also use speedtest.net to determine the speed of your internet connection. For a pleasant Hulu experience, make sure you have the following internet speed:
- 3 Mbps for streaming Hulu content
- 8 Mbps for live streams
- 16 Mbps for 4k hdr contents
If your internet speed is adequate yet your streaming device is slow, try the following suggestions:
- Place your router higher and closer to your streaming device.
- If at all possible, connect through ethernet.
If the internet is working properly, you can try the additional solutions listed below.
Learn Also: Fix Hulu Error Code p-dev320
FIX 2: Power Cycle Your Device
If Hulu is still kicking you out to your device’s home page and you’re not sure what to do, power cycling your devices is a decent alternative. A power cycle has been reported to cure the Hulu crashing issue by many users on many devices (firestick, fire tv, Roku tv, Roku stick, Samsung smart tv, etc).
- Remove your router’s plug from the socket.
- Now unplug your television from the power supply.
- Wait 3-5 minutes before plugging in your router and allowing it to fully boot up.
- When the router is ready, connect your television and turn it on.
- Connect your television to the internet once it has fully booted up.
- Check if launching the Hulu app fixes the problem.
If the problem remains after power cycling your devices, there are a few alternative options you can attempt.
FIX 3: Reinstall Hulu App
If the power cycle didn’t work, try removing and reinstalling the Hulu app. This may assist you in resolving the Hulu app kicking me out problem on your device. Remove the Hulu app from your device first. Turn off your gadget for 5 minutes, then turn it back on. Now go to your device’s app store and download the Hulu app. Launch the Hulu app and see if you can watch it without any problems. If you don’t know how to reinstall the Hulu app on a different device, go to this website for instructions. The issue with Hulu crashing and throwing you out will be resolved if you reinstall the app.
Try updating the Hulu app to the most recent version, as an out-of-date app can cause issues on your device.
How to Fix Hulu kicking me out on Samsung tv?
FIX 1: Cold boot your Samsung tv
To repair the Hulu kicking me out issue on your Samsung TV, use the Samsung tv remote to cold boot it.
- Hold down the power button on your Samsung television remote until the Samsung logo appears on the screen. It could take anything from 5 to 10 seconds.
- When the TV turns on, open the Hulu app to see if it’s operating properly.
If the problem persists, try deleting the cache and data from the Hulu app on your Samsung TV.
Read Also: How to Watch Live TV on Hulu in 2021
FIX 2: Clear Hulu app cache and data
- On your remote, press the home button.
- Activate the settings.
- Now navigate to the applications section.
- Go to System Apps now.
- Hulu should be found and selected.
- To confirm, select the clean cache option and press OK.
After clearing your screen, press and hold the power button on your remote for 5-10 seconds to restart your television. Try launching Hulu again to see if the crashing problem persists. If the problem persists, see our guide on how to fix Hulu not working on a Samsung smart TV.
Read Also: How Do I Reactivate My Hulu Account
How to Fix Hulu keeps kicking me out on firestick?
First and foremost, ensure that your Firestick and Hulu app are both up to current. To double-check,
- Go to the settings menu.
- Choose my Fire TV from the list of alternatives.
- Select About from the drop-down menu.
- Select Check for Updates from the drop-down menu. Download and install any updates that are available.
- Make sure your Hulu app is updated once you upgrade your Fire Stick OS.
Check to see whether Hulu is kicking you back to the main screen. If the problem persists, try the alternative solutions listed below.
Restart your firestick
Restarting your Firestick may be helpful in resolving the Hulu keeps shutting me out issue.
- For 5-10 seconds, press and hold the select and play/pause buttons on your remote. This will bring your firestick back to life.
- Another option is to go to settings>device>restart.
- After restarting your computer, open the Hulu app and see if Hulu is still blocking you.
Force Stop Hulu App
- Go to the settings menu.
- Choose an application, then choose Manage Installed Apps.
- Now look for and install the Hulu app.
- Choose the option to force a stop from the drop-down menu.
- If this doesn’t work, delete the cache and data before forcing a stop.
- If you use the Hulu app on your Firestick, you won’t have any problems.
Reset Firestick to factory settings
If Hulu is still throwing you out, try resetting the Firestick to factory settings to see if that helps. Follow the steps below to reset your firestick.
- Go to the settings menu.
- Now choose my fire tv.
- Select Reset to factory defaults from the drop-down menu, then Reset to confirm.
The Hulu crashing issue on your firestick will be resolved after resetting the firestick to factory defaults.
How to Fix Hulu keeps crashing on Roku?
Fix 1: Unplug Roku
- For 2 minutes, unplug your Roku from the power outlet.
- Replace the plug and turn on your Roku.
- The issue on your Roku device will be resolved after restarting Hulu keeps throwing me out.
For many Roku users, changing the hdmi1 to hdmi2 has resolved the Hulu crashing issue.
Fix 2: Uninstall the Hulu app
Uninstall the Hulu app from your Roku. Restart your Roku device and reinstall the Hulu app. If you log in to your Hulu account, the Hulu keeps crashing issue on Roku will be resolved.