Jennifer Aniston is one of the most popular and successful actresses in Hollywood, known for her roles in hit movies and TV shows such as “Friends”, “The Break-Up”, “Horrible Bosses”, and “The Morning Show”. But how old is she exactly?
Jennifer Aniston was born in LA on February 11, 1969. As of 2023, she’s 54.
Early Life and Career of Jennifer Aniston
Jennifer Aniston is the daughter of actors John Aniston and Nancy Dow. Her father is of Greek descent, while her mother has English, Irish, Scottish, and Italian ancestry. Jennifer spent a year of her childhood living in Greece with her family before they moved to New York City, where her parents divorced when she was nine.
Jennifer discovered her passion for acting at age 11 when she joined the drama club at her Waldorf school. She later enrolled in Manhattan’s Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, where she studied drama and performed in several stage productions. After graduating in 1987, she appeared in some Off-Broadway shows and landed her first TV role as a series regular on “Molloy” in 1990. She also had minor roles in “The Edge”, “Ferris Bueller”, and “Herman’s Head”. Her first major film role was in the 1993 horror comedy “Leprechaun”.
Worldwide Recognition with “Friends” (1994-2004)
Jennifer’s breakthrough came in 1994 when she was cast as Rachel Green on the NBC sitcom “Friends”. The show was a huge success, earning critical acclaim and a loyal fan base. Jennifer won a Primetime Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award for her performance as the spoiled but lovable fashionista. She also became a style icon, with her haircut dubbed “The Rachel” becoming a trend. During her time on “Friends”, Jennifer also starred in several movies, such as “She’s the One”, “Picture Perfect”, “The Object of My Affection”, “Office Space”, “The Good Girl”, and “Bruce Almighty”.
Continued Film Success (2005-2013)
After “Friends” ended in 2004, Jennifer focused on her film career, appearing in a variety of genres, from romantic comedies to dramas to thrillers. Some of her notable movies during this period include “Along Came Polly”, “Rumor Has It…”, “The Break-Up”, “Marley & Me”, “He’s Just Not That Into You”, “The Bounty Hunter”, “The Switch”, “Horrible Bosses”, “Wanderlust”, and “We’re the Millers”. She also made guest appearances on TV shows such as “Dirt”, “30 Rock”, and “Cougar Town”. She received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2012.
Recent Roles and Return to Television (2014-present)
Jennifer continued to showcase her versatility and talent in recent years, starring in movies such as “Cake”, for which she earned a Golden Globe nomination, “Horrible Bosses 2”, “Mother’s Day”, “Office Christmas Party”, “Dumplin’”, and “Murder Mystery”. She also returned to television in 2019, producing and starring in the Apple TV+ drama series “The Morning Show”, alongside Reese Witherspoon and Steve Carell. The show received positive reviews and earned Jennifer another Screen Actors Guild Award. She also reprised her role as Rachel Green for the highly anticipated “Friends” reunion special in 2021.
In the Media: Wealth, Public Image, and Personal Life
Jennifer is one of the most influential and wealthiest celebrities in the world. She has been included in numerous magazines’ lists of the world’s most beautiful women, such as People, Vanity Fair, Harper’s Bazaar, and GQ. She has also been named as one of the highest-paid actresses by Forbes several times, with an estimated net worth of $300 million as of 2020.
Jennifer has been married twice: first to actor Brad Pitt, from 2000 to 2005, and later to actor Justin Theroux, from 2015 to 2017. Both marriages ended in divorce and attracted a lot of media attention and speculation. Jennifer has stated that she does not regret any of her relationships and that she is happy with her life. She has also expressed her frustration with the constant pregnancy rumors and the pressure to conform to society’s expectations of women. She has said that she does not need a husband or a child to feel complete.
Jennifer is not only an actress, but also a producer and a businesswoman. She co-founded the production company Echo Films in 2008, which has produced some of her movies and TV shows, such as “The Switch”, “Cake”, and “The Morning Show”. She is also an endorser of several brands, such as Smartwater, Aveeno, Emirates, Eyelove, and Vital Proteins. She has also launched her own line of perfumes, such as “Jennifer Aniston”, “J by Jennifer Aniston”, and “Chapter One”.
Jennifer is also involved in various charitable causes, such as St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Stand Up to Cancer, Feeding America, GLAAD, and Best Friends Animal Society. She has donated millions of dollars to these and other organizations, as well as participated in fundraising events and campaigns. She has also supported causes such as women’s rights, LGBTQ+ rights, racial justice, and environmental protection. She has received several awards for her humanitarian efforts, such as the GLAAD Vanguard Award in 2007 and the People’s Choice Award for Humanitarian of the Year in 2013.
Aging and Jennifer Aniston’s Perspective
Jennifer has been praised for her youthful appearance and fitness, despite being in her 50s. She has shared some of her secrets to aging well, such as drinking a lot of water, eating whole and fresh foods, getting enough sleep, meditating, and doing the right workouts. She has also expressed her positive attitude towards aging, saying that it is not something to be feared or avoided, but rather something to be embraced and celebrated. She has said that she feels more comfortable and confident in her body and skin than ever before and that life gets more exciting after 50.
Quotes on Aging
Here are some of the quotes that Jennifer has said about aging:
- “I think we have to change our perspective. I don’t think life stops after 50 – if anything, it gets more and more exciting. For some reason, we don’t honor or pay respect to aging. It’s something that we look at as a negative, and yet every single person on this planet does it.”
- “There is this pressure in Hollywood to be ageless. I think what I have been witness to is seeing women trying to stay ageless about what they are doing to themselves. I am grateful to learn from their mistakes because I am not injecting s— into my face.”
- “I really wish we could shift our perspective on it as a negative because it’s happening to every single one of us. We just need to be very good to our skin — just take care of it.”
- “I don’t feel much different than I felt in my 20s except I feel physically better. I also love myself more. That’s the most beautiful thing that reflects out is inner confidence and inner sort of love.”
Maintaining a Healthy Mind, Body, and Spirit
Jennifer has revealed some of her tips and habits for maintaining a healthy mind, body, and spirit as she ages:
- She drinks a lot of water throughout the day, starting with a glass of warm lemon water in the morning. She also drinks celery juice on an empty stomach before having breakfast.
- She eats a balanced diet that consists of whole and fresh foods, such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, eggs, cheese, chicken, fish, and salads. She avoids processed foods, sugar, gluten, caffeine, and alcohol as much as possible. She also allows herself occasional treats and indulgences without feeling guilty.
- She exercises almost every day for about an hour and a half, doing a variety of workouts that challenge her body and mind. Some of her favorite exercises include boxing, yoga, Pilates, resistance training, cardio intervals, planks, V-ups, ab wheel rollouts, and stretching. She also likes to take walks and hikes with her dogs or friends.
- She gets at least seven hours of sleep every night, following a relaxing bedtime routine that includes turning off her phone and TV an hour before bed, reading a book or meditating for 10 minutes, applying moisturizer and eye cream on her face and neck, spraying lavender on her pillowcase or using a diffuser with essential oils in her bedroom.