Mobile applications are in demand for many people no matter their needs and preferences. Nowadays you can use software to work remotely, exchange messages with friends, read books, play games, listen to music, and so on. This list has no end.
That’s why many companies are interested in developing apps to make their businesses grow. Well, while using mobile software is a powerful and efficient tool to target your audience and build your brand awareness, you still need to understand the current cost of developing an app.
Basic Prices For App Development
Each company is wondering about the average cost of an app. Business owners want to analyze the expediency of investment in such projects. Experts in software development explains that it’s impossible to set one price. The cost for every exact app varies depending on many reasons.
Here Are The Major Indicators That Influence The Final Price For App Development:
– the type of employment. If you have your in-house team that is focused on developing only your current software then you may expect the product delivery soon. If you prefer IT outsourcing or working with a freelancer then the process may take more time. Cooperation in the IT industry usually means per hour payment so the price may significantly vary. Besides, even a price for a project also includes the required hours the development team will spend on it. Anyway, the final cost of your app development depends on the time a lot;
– your developer’s location. The average salary of IT developers varies depending on their location on the Globe. If you hire a software developer from the USA the price will be much higher than if you hire an expert from Eastern Europe. Let’s see how much does it cost to create an app for iOS (price per hour of work): $150 in the USA, $70 in the United Kingdom, $35 in Eastern Europe, $11 in Indonesia, and so on. as you can see, you may cut costs by working with freelancers from countries with a smaller salary rate;
– your requirements. The complexity of the future app – is a top criterion in the price setting. You may prefer an app based on iOS or Android, with standard or extended design, with a typical or unique interface, and so on. All these features add more value to the quality of your software and its price as well. So if you are interested in cutting costs at the moment you should make a list of your priorities and extras which are optional for your future application;
– your plans. Depending on the complexity of your plans for the future application, you need to attract more or less members to your team. It means that if you need only one developer who can create your software from A to Z then the final app development cost will be the smallest. In case you plan to organize the whole team including several developers, QA engineers, marketers, project manager, system administrator, etc. then be ready to spend more funds on your application;
– further support. Once you have ordered an app and it was delivered, you are free to propose it to your customers. Publish your software in the Play market and App Store, add links on your official website and social media, use QR Codes in digital and traditional ads, etc. But don’t forget that the work isn’t over: you still need to track and correct bugs, provide users with updates, and so on. These tasks also belong to your developers and influence the final price.
Useful Surveys About App Development Prices
When you don’t know even approximate prices on the IT market you don’t know where to start your project. Let’s use several surveys to clarify what you may expect from mobile app development cost nowadays.
Experts from Kinvey say that you must be ready to spend up to $270 on software development. If we rely on the Clutch survey then the average cost to build an app means $171. The results of VDC research insist the standard price for mobile application development goes up to $140.
Nota bene! Even this data demonstrates the price range varies a lot. But at least you may understand your potential budgets for software development.
Besides prices, many customers wonder how much time it takes to develop a good application. Again, depending on the main factors listed above, the process may take approximately 3-6 months.
Prefer The Best But Be Wise
As you can see, sometimes app development costs are unpredictable. That’s why many business owners and independent clients may postpone their projects or even consider unique software for their needs a waste of money. These misbeliefs are toxic and harmful for any company which is trying to level up its power on the market and target new customers.
So don’t refuse your plans in app development. All you need is to be wise and find the greatest developers matching your requirements. It isn’t easy but possible. So follow professional tips and keep going for reaching your goal!