Ginny and Georgia is a popular Netflix series that follows the lives of a mother-daughter duo who move to a new town and face various challenges. The show features a talented cast of actors who play characters of different ages, from teenagers to adults. But how old are the actors in real life? And how do their real ages compare to their characters’ ages? In this article, we will reveal the surprising real ages of the cast of Ginny and Georgia and how they impact the show’s portrayal of age and youth.
The Cast of Ginny and Georgia
The main cast of Ginny and Georgia consists of:
- Antonia Gentry as Ginny Miller, a 16-year-old girl who struggles with her identity, family, and relationships.
- Brianne Howey as Georgia Miller, Ginny’s 32-year-old mother who has a dark past and a knack for getting out of trouble.
- Diesel La Torraca as Austin Miller, Ginny’s 10-year-old half-brother who has behavioral issues and a sweet personality.
- Jennifer Robertson as Ellen Baker, Georgia’s neighbor and friend who is a stay-at-home mom and a former lawyer.
- Felix Mallard as Marcus Baker, Ellen’s son and Ginny’s love interest who is a rebellious and charming 16-year-old.
The Surprising Real Ages of the Cast
The actors who play the characters in Ginny and Georgia have different real ages than their characters. Some of them are younger, some are older, and some are the same age as their characters. Here are some of the surprising real ages of the cast:
- Antonia Gentry: Younger Than Her Character. Antonia Gentry plays Ginny, who is 16 years old in the show. However, in real life, Antonia is 25 years old. She was born on September 25, 1997, making her zodiac sign Libra.
- Brianne Howey: Almost a Decade Older Than Her Character. Brianne Howey plays Georgia, who is 32 years old in the show. However, in real life, Brianne is 33 years old. She was born on May 24, 1989, making her zodiac sign Gemini.
- Diesel La Torraca: The Youngest Cast Member. Diesel La Torraca plays Austin, who is 10 years old in the show. In real life, Diesel is also 10 years old. He was born on March 1, 2011, making his zodiac sign Pisces.
- Jennifer Robertson: Older Than Her On-Screen Daughter. Jennifer Robertson plays Ellen, who is Marcus’ mother in the show. However, in real life, Jennifer is older than Felix Mallard, who plays Marcus. Jennifer is 49 years old, while Felix is 24 years old. Jennifer was born on November 17, 1971, making her zodiac sign Scorpio.
- Felix Mallard: Same Age as His Character. Felix Mallard plays Marcus, who is 16 years old in the show. In real life, Felix is also 16 years old. He was born on April 20, 1998, making his zodiac sign Taurus.
Comparison of Real Ages to Characters’ Ages
The real ages of the actors who play the characters in Ginny and Georgia differ from their characters’ ages by varying degrees. Some of them are closer to their characters’ ages than others. Here are some comparisons of the real ages to the characters’ ages:
- How old are the actors compared to their characters? The actors who play Ginny and Georgia are older than their characters by nine years and one year respectively1. The actor who plays Austin is the same age as his character. The actor who plays Ellen is older than her character by an unknown amount2. The actor who plays Marcus is also the same age as his character.
- What does this mean for the show’s portrayal of age and youth? The show’s portrayal of age and youth is affected by the real ages of the actors in different ways. For example, Antonia Gentry’s performance as Ginny might be more mature and nuanced than a real 16-year-old’s because she has more life experience than her character. On the other hand, Brianne Howey’s performance as Georgia might be more youthful and energetic than a real 32-year-old’s because she is closer to her character’s age than Antonia Gentry is to hers. Similarly, Diesel La Torraca’s performance as Austin might be more authentic and natural than an older actor’s because he is actually 10 years old like his character. However, Jennifer Robertson’s performance as Ellen might be less believable and realistic than a younger actor’s because she is much older than her character’s daughter. Finally, Felix Mallard’s performance as Marcus might be more accurate and convincing than an older or younger actor’s because he is exactly 16 years old like his character.
Conclusion: The Impact of Cast Age on Ginny and Georgia
Ginny and Georgia is a show that explores the themes of age and youth through its characters and their relationships. The cast of Ginny and Georgia has different real ages than their characters’ ages, which can affect their performances and the show’s portrayal of age and youth in various ways. Some of them are younger, some are older, and some are the same age as their characters. The differences in their real ages can make their performances more or less mature, nuanced, youthful, energetic, authentic, natural, believable, realistic, accurate, or convincing depending on their roles.