The infamous Fallout 4 Brown face appears to be back and it’s causing amusing NPCs and main characters that even though their bodies appear distinct colors the faces of their characters are brown. This really spoils the experience of immersion that many players expect from the game.
In this article, We’ll guide you through a variety of options that aim to resolve this issue completely. Follow the entire article word-for-word, and it will fix the problem.
Why Does Fallout 4 Brown Face Problem Occurs?
After analyzing the feedback of users and doing an analysis of the problem, we came to the conclusion that these could be the primary motives for why this error is causing the issue.
- Failure Mods: This game relies on mods. Mods are required to enjoy a better experience, but often, mods are in error and do not work well together creating an unnatural brown face glitch within the game. If you install face and body mods, DLC with high resolution within the game can cause this glitch. Be sure that the recently installed mods aren’t the cause and that they work well with each other.
- Game File Problem: In certain cases, there is a possibility that the Fallout 4 Brown face Bug could be due to defective game files that aren’t capable of rendering correctly the NPC faces. In order to overcome this issue, the solution suggested by users is a clean installation process of a brand new mod which is designed to eliminate this problem.
After having given a thorough overview of the crucial solutions, it is now time to begin to implement the corrective measures to address this problem.
How Apply Fallout 4 Brown Face Fix?
Method 1: High-Resolution Texture Pack DLC
The most popular item comes from the high-resolution texture Package DLC. This mod actually works to make the texture, particularly within booster as well as Cambridge areas. In simple terms it makes the buildings look better and other areas in the game. So, what’s the connection between this and that brown face bug?
If you download and install the high-resolution textures pack in DLC the game attempts to install the mods for your face while making an attempt to apply decals over top of things like the eyebrows of your face, paints for faces dirt, makeup, and many other face-related particulars. The problem usually occurs when the facial features do not correspond to the resolution and size of the facial texture.
The high-resolution texture packs did offer improved textures for everyone but they’re not far from the quality of other mods that are available. But the problem is that, even if are sticking with your mods, the black face glitch is still visible.
This entire situation could seem overwhelming to you, but don’t be concerned; we have a solution for this issue.
- You must start the file extractor of your Bethesda archive extractor
- This will let you examine the BA 2 files.
- Navigate to your SSD files and then open SteamLibrary
- Select the option and you’ll be taken to a brand new screen. There you will have to click on the Steamapps option.
- From the menu below, please open Common
- Click on Fallout 4 and then the data folder.
- Scroll down the list, and you will see the latest textures that have been saved.
- In the DLCUltraHighResolution -Textures01.ba2 you will find textures file
- Click it, then tap on the actor file.
- Scroll down the list until you’ll see the option to select a character Click it, to open the list. The new page will open.
- There are BasedHumanFemale and BasedHumanMale choices.
If you find these options there, go back to the data folder and delete the DLCUltraHighResolution file from there. This will eliminate some brand new high-definition textures in this particular DLC in your game. It will take about 4 gigs of worth.
You could also make use of Bethesda’s file extractor and then unpack the ba2. It is now possible to save the textures you’ve created as unpackaged files in your folder for data. This may appear to be a straightforward method to get rid of, but it could be detrimental to your FPS. It is more beneficial for games to download a texture using a ba2 file instead of loose files.
If you adhere to the steps above, then remove the ba2 file that was created first You can then return your aces to normal.
This allows you to utilize both the DLC for high-resolution textures and the mods you have previously installed – without issues.
Method 2: AFT Master Control
This issue can be fixed by applying AFT Master Control settings inside the game.
- Search for settings, and select the INV option in the upper bar.
- Select your AID selection in the 2nd bar just below the bar at the top.
- You will see an AFT Master Control option
- You can now assign this to 4 of your favorite buttons.
- Pick the location, and you’re almost there
- Once you’ve added it to the control button, aim at the character you wish to correct the problem with the brown face bug.
- Click on the AFT Master Control (you might have to wait until the settings are displayed)
- You will receive some settings that you can choose to use on your controller.
- From the choices on the choices, you will need to select the option ‘Appearance’ from here
- Then, scroll down the list, and select the option called ‘Sculpt’
- You’ll see a pop-up bar that will inform you know that selecting the Sculpt option could alter the appearance of your character and other features may disappear.
- Press Ok to continue with it
After you’re finished, your character may disappear for some time, perhaps for a few minutes or seconds, and then return, but there’s nothing to worry about. The character will appear on the screen. Refocus your attention on her to make contact with her. You are now able to change the position of your character according to the position you want to be in.
Let your character return to its normal state to be outfitted. It is easy to achieve this by selecting a normal outfit. You must save the settings and then you’re done.
Method 3: Use the NEXUSMODS Game Mod
- Install the Game mod supplied by the NEXUS MODS to your computer along with WinRAR If there isn’t an extractor installed on your computer.
- Find the mod you downloaded and then right-click the file. Click “Extract Here” from the context menu.
- The file will be extracted, then select the “Extracted Contents” and then press the “Ctrl + X” keys on your keyboard.
- Go through your “Data Folder” of Fallout 4, which will be “C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam \steamapps \common\Fallout 4\Data” by default. You may also choose to use any favorite “Mod Manager” to enable it.
- Once inside your “Data Folder” use “Ctrl + V” to paste the files.
- Play the game, and, hopefully, the issue was fixed by now.
Method 4: Disable Mods
- To start, launch the game and then go into “Mods” from the menu in the game.
- Choose the Mod that is active, and is indicated by a tiny “Checkmark” to show that they’re active. Click on the Mod and select “Disable”.
- Start the game again and check if you have the Fallout 4 Brown face bug is fixed or not.
Method 5: Use the Brown Face Fix Male/Female Mod
- Download and install the Brown Face Fix Male or Brown Face Fix Female mod depending on what gender you are using.
- Find the mod you downloaded and right-click on it. Select “Extract Here” from the context menu. You can also make use of WinRAR If there isn’t an extractor installed on your computer.
- Allow the file to be extracted, then click”Extracted Contents” and then “Extracted Contents” and then press the “Ctrl + X” keys together on your keyboard.
- Go into The “Data Folder” of Fallout 4, which will be “C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam \steamapps \common\Fallout 4\Data” by default. You may also choose to use any favorite “Mod Manager” to enable it.
- Once you are in your “Data Folder” use”Ctrl+V” on your keyboard to paste the files.
- Download FaceRipper and open the “FO4FaceRipper.exe” from the downloaded folder.
- Inside the “FO4 Face Ripper” dialogue box, click the “Browse” option beside “Source Save or Plugin”.
- Press the “Window + E” Keys, then move to “This PC”. Navigate to the folder that holds everything you have “Saves” and “Autosaves”. It’s usually located inside the directories below:
- Choose “Save File” which is safe from the “Brownface Bug”.
- Click on the “Browse” option located beside the “Target Save or Plugin” and navigate to the “Data Folder” of Fallout 4 which is “C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam \steamapps \common\Fallout 4\Data“. Select the “Downloaded Male/Female Brown Face Fix Mod“.
- Click on the “Transfer Face” button and then click “OK” when you get a “DONE”dialogue box.
- Shut down your “FO4 Face Ripper”dialogue box, then start “Fallout 4” and select “Mods” from the main menu.
- Select “Load Order” from the menu. Then enable “Brown Face Fix Male/Female Mod” which contains “ID Numbers” in the name.
- Now press “Alt + Tab” keys together on your keyboard to minimize the fall Out 4 and click on “face fix.exe” or “face fix.ahk”.
- If you notice an “H logo” on the left side of your taskbar, hit “Alt + Tab” again to launch Fallout 4 again as the script has been executed now.
- Press “Shift and +” on your keyboard. Your Mod will be activated, and the game will be free of this “Brownface Bug”.
The game uses mods to improve the outcomes. Certain mods work well while others can cause problems for some players. Sometimes, the issue isn’t too significant and you can just fix it by relaunching the game. These methods can be used for Fallout 4 Brown Face Fix. Be aware that when you select this method, you may need to stop the entire Fallout 4 processes or programs running to prevent any possible damage.
How do I solve the Fallout 4 brown face bug?
- Install the brown face modification on the Nexus Mods website on your PC.
- Now copy and paste the extracted files in the Data folder of Fallout Game (possible locationC:/Program Files (x86)/ Steam/steam/apps/common/Fallout 4Data).
- You can also use your preferred Mod manager to allow the Mod
- Start the game and the issue is likely to be fixed.
The same technique is applicable to the face bug with rust However, the file format is distinct.
Fix the dark/black face bug with an external mod
- Then, you need to first, open first the Fallout 4 Game folder on your computer.
- Locate and open The Fallout 4.ini file using Notepad.
- Now edit the following lines in the .ini file through Notepad on your PC:
- Save changes , then leave.
- Then , download then the Black Face Fix Mod.
- Start through the Nexus Mod Manager and activate the mod by choosing the mod’s file.
It’s a simple fix that reduces the texture of the faces as it seems that the glitch was discovered after the release in the DLC High Resolution. If the glitch isn’t resolved, the problem may be in another place.
In both instances, search for the latest versions of the files, and read through the articles posted by fans of FO4 who have tried these methods.