You can experience more than one error while using your Mac computer. Error: -69877: Couldn’t Open Device, is a popular bug you may encounter if you don’t have repair directories or disk utilities permission. In this case, Mac does not remove the drive partition. When this usual error happens, the Network Deployment Tools, such as Apple’s Netinstall or DeployStudio, struggle to do their own job and leave an “Error: -69877: couldn’t open device” error message. If you notice the error and want to correct it, you will be on the perfect page. There are a few basic hacks in this article that will assist you. In the beginning, let’s know the causes of this error.
Why Error: -69877: Couldn’t Open Device occurred?
On Mac, you receive the Error: -69877: Couldn’t Open Device if you experience this error. The key explanation for this error is the boot drive update. It may also occur if any other program or method uses the same unit. If the partition OS X Recovery exists then the device can’t alter or disassemble the internal drive. This can cause your Mac computer to experience this error.
Well, let’s begin the problem-solving process after we know the causes now.
How to Fix Error: -69877: Couldn’t Open Device?
Although for many reasons you may encounter this error, you can repair it using the following simple hacks and tricks.
Solution 1: Using Boot Drive
This is one of the most famous ways to solve this problem. This allows you to complete the task with an OS X boot drive.
However, the main thing to recall is that the installer or recovery drive needs to be on the drive and isolated from the primary boot drive, using the installed OS.
These measures can be tried now:
- First of all, you have to attach the Boot drive into the Mac and you have to reboot your device.
- After that, you have to hold down the OPTION key, as well as, you have to select the boot drive which has been selected.
- Now, you have to access the Disk Utility, with the help of the Boot menu. Basically, it is a Utility menu which is used for the Installer Disk Verification of the Disk.
- When done click on the “First Aid” option.
- In this way, you will be able to complete the repair process.
You should try to check the status of the error after you have completed all these measures. Try to proceed to the next level if it continues.
Note that you must use a boot system to perform this operation. The problem will otherwise continue to be unresolved. You can then use the bootable thumb drive to solve a Mac error. If you are using older Mac OS X as 10.6 or earlier, then the same resolution applies to SuperDrive and bootable DVD.
Solution 2: Fix it using Recovery Partition
This specific error can also be found on your computer because of the first help or when you format a non-boot partition. In this situation, you can use a recovery partition that you can use in all Mac OS X versions. But these processes cannot be used for partitions or formatting to change a boot disk. You should try these measures in this case.
- At first, you have to reboot your Mac device. Now, you have to hold down the Option key and you will be able to see the recovery partition.
- From the Boot menu, you have to choose the Disk menu.
- After completing all of these steps, you will be able to complete the verification and repairing process with the “First Aid.”
If not, the disk formatting option “Erase” may also be chosen. However, if you are using the disk as the same primary boot partition, this approach can not work. If you use a separate USD drive for troubleshooting, you will be able to overcome this problem.
I hope you can quickly correct this particular error by using these hacks and tricks. If there are any device failures, you can leave a comment below. We conclude this post on that note.