Dragon Age Inquisition crashes on launch: Have you downloaded Dragon Age Inquisition to experience its exclusive 3D graphics only after it has opened? Well, you are not alone. We have found that a number of fans of the game complain about crashing during or after their launch. As such, this guide has been prepared to help. This article illustrates how the Dragon Age Inquisition manages to crash with basic but powerful tricks on Windows 10.
Why Does Dragon Age Inquisition crashes on launch in Windows 10 Devices?
Although the exact factor causing the crashes is not present, here are the most likely explanations for:
- 3D Vision is interfering with the game’s startup process
- Your antivirus software is blocking Dragon age inquisition
- You are using the wrong graphics settings
- The built-in origins menu
First, let us see the device specifications your PC should fulfil to run Dragon age inquisition properly before we jump into the hackers. The following picture illustrates the most significant.
If your PC follows these minimum standards and you have crash problems when starting the Dragon Age Inquisition, there is a problem you have to deal with.
Related Post: Best Tips for Choosing The Right Gaming Computer
How to fix the Dragon Age Inquisition Crashes on Startup?
Below is the easiest way to tackle the collapsing problems of the Dragon Age Inquisition. Try the next one before the game opens successfully if you miss a hack.
Fix 1: Change the Launch Settings
We have seen some Dragon Age Inquisition users suffer crashes because they do not give the game management privileges to access the required device data. The game can also crash because it’s not compatible with your Windows version. Here are some settings for starting to tweak to correct the crash problem:
- Open File Explorer by using the Win + E shortcut.
- Depending on the exact installation location you chose, the game’s installation folder might be anywhere. You will most likely find it the C: Drive.
- Right-click on the primary DAI executable. Then, select Properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab then click Run as Administrator.
- Also, click the “Run this program in Compatibility Mode for” option, then select your Windows version from the menu.
- Click Apply then OK.
- Now, close the window and launch Dragon Age Inquisition.
Then continue to the next patch if the game crashes.
Fix 2: Uninstall or Disable 3D Vision
Were you lucky in Dragon Age Inquisition to hit the SkyHold region, but the game struck before you got to go? Ok, this is because the 3D Vision driver is used by you. This NVIDIA driver can improve your play but often it does the opposite. Therefore, to fix the crash problem you must uninstall it. On Windows 10 here is how to accomplish:
- Open the Run command (Win + R).
- Type “appwiz.cpl” (no quotes), then click OK. This will take you to the Programs and features section where you can uninstall 3D Vision.
- Scroll down to find the NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver.
- Right-click on it. Then select “Uninstall.”
- Follow the instructions to complete the process.
- Now, restart your PC.
Did 3D Vision uninstall allow you to play the inquisition for the dragon age without crashing? If that one didn’t help, try the following strategy.
Fix 3: Disable the Origin’s In-Built Menu
You probably don’t even know about the built-in menu that could lead to the unpredictable stroke if you get the Dragon Age Inquisition from the original platform. Many users say that after a menu disabled, the Dragon age inquisition began to run smoothly, so we hope it might also help. Take the following steps to turn it off on your PC:
- Log in to your Origin client to access your EA account.
- Select Application Settings from the main menu.
- Open the Origin In-game tab.
- You’ll see the Enable Origin In-Game toggle button. Click it to turn the menu off.
- Restart your PC, then launch Dragon Age Inquisition.
Fix 4: Disable Your Antivirus
The antivirus of the third party on your PC will block the Dragon Age Inquisition and make it difficult to start correctly. The two popular programs that are known to cause game crashes are AVG and AVAST. Other antivirus programs could crash Dragon Age Inquisition, however.
The choice to deactivate is probably found in the advanced settings of the software. You can also use the Dragon Age Search whitelist to make it work for a certain time without interruption.
Uninstall it by following this guide if the antivirus isn’t used too often, then:
- Type “uninstall” (no quotes) in the search bar on your bottom-left side.
- Select the Add or Remove Programs option.
- When the Apps & features window opens, find your third-party antivirus and click it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Restart your device to see if Dragon Age Inquisition crashes.
Fix 5: Update your Graphics Card Driver
Dragon Age Inquisition depends on the driver of the graphical card for an outstanding gaming experience. Therefore your game can crash when the driver is outdated. Using the Windows 10 graphics card driver to update:
- Press simultaneously the keys Windows and X on your keyboard. Then, from the list choose Device Manager.
- To view your graphics card driver, double-click on the Display Adaptors feature.
- Right-click on the card driver for graphics. Now you choose Update driver and then automatically update it.
Fix 6: Perform A Fresh Boot
Often, different applications on your machine could conflict with the inquisition of dragons, which could crash in the startup process. It may be difficult to determine the exact conflicting application, where a clean boot takes place. A clean boot reduces the device’s running software to help you find one that causes the machine to crash. This easy guide shows how to boot cleanly from Windows:
- Type “run” (no quotes) in the Windows search bar, then click the Open option on the right-side menu that pops up.
- Type or copy then paste this command “MSConfig” (no quotes) on the open window. Then click, OK.
- Choose the Selective startup option.
- Check the Load System Services option and deselect Load Startup Items.
- Also, check the Use Original Boot Configuration box if it isn’t selected.
- Open the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft Services box.
- Select Disable all.
- Click Apply, followed by the OK button.
- Restart your PC.
Fix 7: Use the Default Graphics Settings
We realize that you’re looking for the best experience, but it can crash abruptly while running Dragon Age inquisition using high graphics. Use the automatic graphics settings of your device to prevent this. These measures will help you choose these parameters:
- Use the Windows + I shortcut to open Settings.
- Select System.
- Click Graphics Settings at the bottom.
- Choose the Classic app from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Browse button to find Dragon Age Inquisition, then click Add.
- Open Options, then select System default. Now, click Save.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes.
Fix 8: Uninstall Then Reinstall the Game
If none of the hacks listed above fixed the crash problem with the Dragon Age Inquisition, the only way to reinstall the game is. Many users believe it’s like magic to uninstall the game and to reinstall it again.
Steps To uninstall :
- Open the Origin client and log in to your EA account.
- Click the My Games tab. Then, right-click on Dragon Age Inquisition.
- Select Uninstall from the menu.
- Follow the instructions to uninstall the game from your device.
Steps To Reinstall :
- Login to EA.
- Open My Game Library to download Dragon age inquisition.
- Launch the game to see if the issue was resolved.
Inquisition Dragon Age is an interesting PC game you’re able to enjoy today. However, if the game crashes on startup, this is unlikely. Fortunately, this guide shows you exactly how to effectively repair crashes at start-up dragon age.
If you have tried all the hacks we talked about here, then you should ask a specialist to find out if the machine has a significant hidden problem.