Do I Need A New Pair Of AirPods? Are My AirPods Broken?It’s difficult to define. AirPods do not just look like another Bluetooth headphones. Apple developed its AirPods with a customized W1 chip, which has embedded accelerometers (motion sensors) and other technologies that allow your iPhone to benefit from the many new features Apple created specifically for the AirPods. If your other Bluetooth headphones are compatible with your iPhone but that doesn’t suggest that you’re AirPods aren’t working properly. Even if you swap your AirPods for a brand new pair, you may be facing the exact same problem , if there’s an issue with the software or hardware with your iPhone. This guide will help identify the root of the issue, so it is possible to connect the AirPods with your iPhone and begin playing music.
Why Won’t My AirPods Go Into Pairing Mode?There are many reasons your AirPods might not be compatible to your Bluetooth devices. One of the reasons are:
- Battery charge is low.
- Bluetooth disabled or not functioning correctly.
- The AirPods or the charging case.
- Your device is in need of an update to your software.
- The device needs to be reset
- AirPods locked with pairing modes.
- Damage to the hardware of AirPods AirPods as well as the charging case.
1. Check Your BatteryIf you’re AirPods are not charging to full charge, it might hinder their ability to connect with your devices. The best method to ensure that your AirPods are charged correctly is to put them in the charging case, and after which you connect your charging case an USB socket or wall outlet using the correct Lightning cable. Your AirPods charging case provides a quick battery level overview.
- In the event that the LED is green with Airpods inside the case, the AirPods have been fully charged.
- In the event that the lights are amber it means they’re not fully charged.
- In the event that the LED appears to be Amber with the case not charged this means that the case needs to be charged.
2. Check BluetoothAirPods can easily connect to Apple devices, and other devices, however, AirPods don’t work with other devices because AirPods require a Bluetooth signal in order to function. This is among the most frequent reasons for why AirPods aren’t able to connect. However, connecting to Bluetooth is easy on a majority of devices. For instance the only thing you have to do is go to settings > Bluetooth in your iPhone or iPad.
3. Clean Your AirPods and Charging CaseIn the event that you’ve tried to pair your AirPods but you don’t see an indicator light blinking on the case, it could be due to the AirPods don’t have a good connection with the electrical connections on lower levels of your charging case (that is, the inside of the case chargers). It is possible to fix this problem by cleaning your AirPods as well as the inside part of your AirPods case using a dampened, lint-free fabric. If the issue persists and you are unable to resolve it, make contact with Apple to request a new pair in the event that it is you can.
4. Check for Software UpdatesIf you’re unable to achieve pairing with you AirPods to pair with these methods there could be an issue with the settings of your device. The first thing to ensure is that your device has the most current firmware. The requirements for software on AirPods as well as Apple devices are listed as the following:
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch: iOS 10.2 or later
- Apple Watch: watchOS 3 or higher
- Mac: macOS Sierra or later
5. Reset Your AirPodsIt is possible to cause AirPods to be stuck during pairing, during where the indicator light will not stop blinking, and the button for charging isn’t responsive. If this occurs for you, then the initial step you need to do is restore your AirPods.
- Visit the Bluetooth options on your phone, select and click “Forget this Device”.
- Place both AirPods inside their cases and lift the lid.
- Hold and press the small button for setting up on the back of box for about 10-20 seconds, until the status light turns amber.
- Press the setup button until the status light turns three times.
- Hold the button to set up till the light blinks white. It should be possible to be able to see your AirPods included in the phone’s Bluetooth setting (if your device is your iPhone or iPad auto-pairing will begin).
6. Reset Your DeviceIf the issue persists after updating You can reset your device in order to resolve AirPods problems with sync. It won’t erase any data, but will return the device to its factory settings that means you’ll lose items like the Wi-Fi passwords you’ve saved and wallpapers. This is the most drastic option prior to resorting to a reset procedure, perform an easy restart of your device to determine how it works.
Still Not Pairing? Contact Apple for HelpIf you’ve tried every one of these suggestions but are unable to make your AirPods to switch into pairing mode, it’s recommended to seek assistance from Apple. You can get help by contact Apple support via the internet and in person in your local Apple Store or authorized Apple service provider.
1. Why can’t my AirPods not working to my Mac?If you’re AirPods experience a difficult connecting to your Mac the possibility is that there’s an macOS compatibility issue. When you’re running AirPods (first generation) Make sure that you’re Mac runs macOS Sierra or later. When you’re using AirPods (second generation) Make sure that you’re Mac runs at minimum macOS 10.14.4. If you’re sure that your macOS supports AirPods, visit the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Bluetooth. If you can find your AirPods on the list however, they’re not connecting remove them and try connecting them once more. If you’re having issues Try setting your AirPods.
2. What is the reason my AirPods not appearing when I pair them with the Windows PC?If you’re experiencing difficulty connecting the AirPods using an Windows PC, make sure that you have opened the lid on the charging case while pairing. If you’re having trouble try unplugging the AirPods to any Bluetooth device, like your connected iPhone. Another method to solve the issue open an app such as Spotify in the Windows PC and start playing music. Put the AirPods back in their cases and shut the lid. Give them a couple of seconds before opening Your Windows computer’s Action Center and choose the All Settings>> devices and ensure you’ve got your AirPods in the Device list. Remove your AirPods from their case and put them into your ears. Once they are on the list of devices you can select your AirPods and select Connect. to connect. Check Also: How To Unforget A Bluetooth Device
3. How Do I Check If My AirPods Are Updated?So, how can you determine whether your AirPods are up-to-date? Check the version of firmware that is installed on your iPhone. It’s a quick and simple procedure. It is carried out as follows:
- Visit the settings of your iPhone.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth menu and then check the devices.
- Click the “i” beside the AirPods name.
- Make sure to check the Firmware version number.
4. How Do I Update My AirPods?AirPods as a technological device will require regular updates. AirPods are typically updated in a way when connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth. They can also upgrade themselves automatically whenever they AirPods are inside the case of charging while the case lies located near your phone. Sometimes it is possible that they do not update and you might have to update them manually. Here’s how you can upgrade your AirPods by hand:
- Place the AirPods inside their case
- The case should be connected to the Power source to ensure that they are charged , as this procedure can take as long as 30 minutes
- Set it up near the Device which it is associated with. This device must be connected to the internet.
5. How Do I Check the Charge on My AirPods Battery?The process of checking the AirPods levels is easy.
You must go to the notification center of your iPhone and then select the settings.You will then be asked to scroll further down to get to the widget for your battery. This widget shows the level of battery of all devices linked to the iPhone This is the place you’ll be able to see the level of your Airpods battery level. You could also utilize the Apple watch to monitor the same procedure. If you’ve got Siri installed and you want to send the command using your voice, for example “Airpod Batter.’ Siri will respond with the volume. Charger case will also inform that you are charged while AirPods are in them. AirPods are on. Different colors are displayed at the top of the display, like green for devices that are fully charged and amber for devices that is not fully charged. This information is vital particularly if you’d want to plan an excursion or plan a trip.
6. How Do I Charge My AirPods?The process of charging a gadget has never been so easy due to Apple technology. Charge your AirPods through placing them in the charging case, and then closing it. When the case doesn’t come with a charger and you want to connect it to an wireless charging mat or USB-C with an USB Lightning cable. Make sure your AirPods are fully charged. Fully fully charged AirPods or charging accessories could last all day long, up to 24 hours listening, or 18 hours of talk time. A case for charging with one charge will give you for five hours worth of time spent listening, or three hours of talk time.
If the Airpod charges for just fifteen minutes, the device will provide you with three hours of listening as well as a comparable two hours of talk time.
7. How do I unpair AirPods from my Phone’s Bluetooth?How can I disconnect AirPods to the phone’s Bluetooth? The process of unpairing the AirPods with your mobile is a straightforward step-by-step procedure that follows according to:
- You can access the settings section of your phone.
- Choose Bluetooth and scroll to the bottom of the screen to locate your AirPods
- Click on the ‘i’ symbol right next to the title of your AirPods
- Click ‘forget device to confirm your choice. it’s as simple to confirm your action.
- It is also possible to select ‘forget device’ again to delete the device from your iCloud account
8. How do I Pair AirPods With my iPhone?In order to link to connect your Airpod to your mobile it is necessary to ensure you are running the most recent version of iOS on your device and your AirPods must also be updated with the latest firmware updates. It’s recommended to put your phone in front of the charging case with your phone in your home screen. An animation for setting up will appear then you’ll be asked for you to link your Device to AirPods. AirPods. Accept it. It is also important to ensure that Siri is configured so that you are able to make use of the feature without difficulty. If you are happy, tap the done button. The AirPods are now available to use on your iPhone.
9. How Do I Reset My AirPods?
If you’re looking to restore your AirPods You should follow these steps to complete it:
- Place the AirPods inside the charging case, and make sure you have shut the lid
- After a few seconds, you can open the cover of the charging case.
- Go to your Bluetooth settings and then visit the list of devices paired
- Click on your AirPods’ name , then tap the ‘i’ that is next to it.
- You can now unplug the AirPods by pressing “forget this device.’
- Long press the button located at the rear on the charge case until the status light turns amber, then let it go.
- Take the AirPods along with the charging case to your phone to complete the procedure successfully