Jason Gutterman, known as Amagansett Press, is a self-described photojournalist and First Amendment auditor who gained attention for his activities on YouTube. However, his journey took a turn on November 13, 2021, when he was arrested outside the UPS Customer Center in Bay County, Florida, near Mosley High School. Since then, discussions about the reasons behind Amagansett Press’ absence have circulated on platforms like Reddit.
The Mission of Amagansett Press
According to its website, Amagansett Press was “dedicated to bringing you the most important and relevant news and information from around the globe”. The channel covered topics such as politics, economics, health, science, technology, culture, and spirituality, with a focus on alternative and conspiracy theories. Some of the topics that Amagansett Press reported on include:
- The existence of a global elite that controls the world through secret societies, banking, media, and religion.
- The suppression of free energy, advanced technology, and ancient knowledge by mainstream science and academia.
- The manipulation of history and the erasure of the Tartarian Empire, a civilization that spanned across Eurasia and America until the 19th century.
- The staged events and false flag operations are used to create fear, division, and war among the people.
- The awakening of humanity and the rise of a new consciousness that will challenge the status quo and create a better world.
Amagansett Press claimed to have sources and evidence to back up its claims and invited its viewers to do their own research and verify the information for themselves. The channel also encouraged its viewers to question everything, think critically, and seek the truth.
The Mystery Surrounding Amagansett Press
Bay County Sheriff’s deputies arrested independent photojournalist Jason Gutterman, violating his First Amendment rights outside the UPS Customer Center. Gutterman, a First Amendment auditor, captured the incident on video, leading to his and his son’s arrest. The court later dismissed the case, declaring the arrest unconstitutional.
Gutterman, known for challenging authorities on First Amendment rights, was filming on a public sidewalk. When questioned by a deputy, he refused to disclose his activity, prompting the involvement of a superior officer, Sgt. Ralph Grainger. Grainger claimed Gutterman violated a statute preventing proximity to a school, citing Florida statute 810.0975.
However, this statute was deemed unconstitutionally vague in 2008. Gutterman’s attorney, Kevin Alvarez, emphasized that the court had permanently enjoined its enforcement. Despite this, Gutterman spent two days in jail before the charges were dropped.
The Bay County Sheriff’s Office, acknowledging Gutterman’s arrest under the statute, argued that the issues were corrected in a 2013 amendment. Alvarez disputed this, asserting that the amendment only added a punishment enhancement without addressing the constitutional concerns.
The sheriff’s office decided not to pursue charges, stating they prioritized student safety over potential reputational damage. Alvarez countered, emphasizing Gutterman’s legitimate journalistic purpose. In response to the incident, the sheriff’s office committed to additional training to uphold constitutional policing.
Despite the sheriff’s office stance, the arrest of Jason Gutterman highlights the ongoing challenges faced by journalists asserting their First Amendment rights in public spaces.
Amagansett Press on YouTube
Despite its disappearance, Amagansett Press still has a large and loyal fan base on YouTube, where it has over 485K subscribers and over 130 million views. Many of its videos have gone viral and have been shared and discussed by millions of people around the world. Some of its most popular and controversial videos include:
- The Tartarian Empire – The Greatest Civilization You’ve Never Heard Of
- The War of the Worlds – The Biggest Cover-Up in History
- The Global Reset – The End of the Old World and the Beginning of the New
- The Great Awakening – The Rise of a New Consciousness and a New Humanity
Amagansett Press has also inspired and influenced many other YouTube channels and creators, who have followed its footsteps and continued its mission of exposing the truth and challenging the system. Some of these channels and creators include:
- Audit the Audit – A channel that reviews and analyzes police interactions and audits, and educates the public about their rights and the law.
- News Now Community – A channel that covers and supports the First Amendment audit movement, which involves filming public officials and public places to test the respect for the freedom of the press and the freedom of speech.
- HighImpactFlix – A channel that exposes the lies and corruption of the mainstream media, the government, and the corporations, and offers alternative perspectives and solutions.
Amagansett Press has also faced some challenges and difficulties on YouTube, such as censorship, demonetization, and deletion. In 2022, Amagansett Press was attacked by a group of masked men, who assaulted Jason Gutterman and damaged his equipment, while he was filming a First Amendment audit at a military base. The attack was caught on camera and uploaded to YouTube, where it sparked outrage and condemnation. In 2023, Amagansett Press was suspended and terminated by YouTube, for violating its community guidelines and terms of service. The channel was later restored after a massive backlash and petition from its fans and supporters.