Instagram, a well-known social media hub, allows users to circulate photos and videos among followers and acquaintances. One unique characteristic is the ‘Story’ feature – a space for fleeting content that vanishes within 24 hours. To heighten appeal and expression, users incorporate stickers, filters, text, and additional elements in their Stories.
However, you might spot “ST” and “TM” on an Instagram Story. Do these symbols convey concealed codes or abbreviations? This piece will unravel the definitions of these terms, offering insights on their application in your personal Instagram Story.
The Meaning of “TM” and “ST” on Instagram Story
“TM” and “ST” are not official Instagram terms or features. They are simply slang words that some users add to their Stories to convey different meanings or contexts. Here are some of the possible meanings of these two terms:
- “TM” stands for Text message, Tomorrow, or Trademark. Users may use “TM” to indicate that they are sending a text message to someone, or that they have something planned for tomorrow, or that they are using a trademarked name or logo. For example, a user may post a Story with a screenshot of a text conversation and write “TM” on it to show that they are texting someone. Or, a user may post a Story with a picture of their outfit and write “TM” on it to show that they are ready for tomorrow’s event. Or, a user may post a Story with a picture of a product or brand and write “TM” on it to show that they are using a trademarked name or logo.
- “ST” stands for Something or Street. Users may use “ST” to express that they are doing something interesting or fun, or that they are related to street culture or fashion. For example, a user may post a Story with a video of them dancing and write “ST” on it to show that they are doing something cool. Or, a user may post a Story with a picture of their sneakers and write “ST” on it to show that they are into street style or culture.
How to Use “TM” and “ST” on Instagram Story
Using “TM” and “ST” on your Instagram Story is very simple and easy. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Create or select the photo or video that you want to post on your Story.
- Tap on the text icon at the top of the screen to add text to your Story.
- Type in “TM” or “ST” depending on what you want to convey.
- Adjust the size, color, font, and position of the text as you like.
- Tap on the send icon at the bottom right corner of the screen to share your Story with your followers or friends.
You can also use emojis, stickers, hashtags, or other elements to make your Story more attractive and interactive.
Common Misinterpretations of “TM” and “ST”
While using “TM” and “ST” on your Instagram Story can be fun and creative, you should also be aware of some common misinterpretations or misunderstandings that may arise from using these terms. Here are some of them:
- Confusion between “TM” and trademark symbols. Some users may mistake “TM” for the trademark symbol (™) that is used to indicate that a name or logo is legally registered and protected. This may cause confusion or legal issues if you use “TM” on a name or logo that is not actually trademarked. To avoid this, you should only use “TM” when you are referring to text messages, tomorrow, or trademarked names or logos that you have permission to use.
- Misinterpretation of “ST” as an abbreviation for “Story”. Some users may think that “ST” stands for “Story”, which is the term used by Instagram for its ephemeral content feature. This may cause confusion or redundancy if you use “ST” on your Story itself. To avoid this, you should only use “ST” when you are referring to something interesting or related to street culture or fashion.
In conclusion, “TM” and “ST” are slang words that some Instagram users use on their Stories to convey different meanings or contexts. They are not official Instagram terms or features, but rather personal expressions that can vary depending on the user and the situation. You can use them on your own Instagram Story if you want to add some flair and personality to your content, but you should also be careful of some common misinterpretations or misunderstandings that may arise from using these terms. Have fun and be creative with your Instagram Stories! 😊