Are you looking for a fun and engaging way to spice up your classroom learning? Do you want to challenge your students with trivia questions, reward them with virtual cash, and let them shop for upgrades and powerups? If yes, then you might want to try Gimkit Join, a live learning game show platform that requires knowledge, collaboration, and strategy to win. In this article, we will explain what Gimkit Join is, how to join a Gimkit game, and how to use it in your classroom.
What is Gimkit Join?
Gimkit is an educational game show that was created by a high school student, Josh Feinsilber, who wanted to make learning more fun and interactive. Gimkit allows teachers to create or choose from thousands of pre-made kits, which are sets of questions on various topics and subjects. Teachers can then host live games with their students, who join the game using their own devices. Students answer questions at their own pace, earn in-game cash for correct answers, and spend their money on upgrades and powerups that can help them score more points or sabotage their opponents. Gimkit also has different game modes, such as KitCollab, where students can create their own questions, or Homework, where students can play assigned games at home.
Gimkit Join is the platform that enables students to join a Gimkit game. Students can either use their Google account or their email to sign up for free, or they can join as a guest without an account. Once they have the game code from their teacher, they can enter it on the Gimkit Join website and start playing. Gimkit Join also allows students to customize their name and avatar, and to see their progress and stats on the leaderboard.
Gimkit Join is a great tool for elevating interactive learning in the classroom. It helps students review and reinforce their knowledge, practice their skills, and develop their critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. It also fosters collaboration, competition, and motivation among students, as they work together or against each other to win the game. Moreover, it makes learning fun and engaging, as students enjoy the game show atmosphere, the colorful graphics, and the sound effects.
How to Join a Gimkit Game
Joining a Gimkit game is easy and simple. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Create an account or log in. You can visit Gimkit Signup and continue with Google or with email to create an account. If you already have an account, you can log in with your credentials. Alternatively, you can join as a guest without an account, but you will not be able to save your progress or access your stats.
- Create a kit. If you are a teacher, you can create your own kit by adding questions and answers, or you can choose from the existing kits on the Gimkit website. You can also import questions from other sources, such as Quizlet or Google Forms. You can customize your kit by adding images, audio, or video, and by adjusting the settings, such as the time limit, the cash value, or the difficulty level.
- Access homework games. If you are a student, you can access the homework games that your teacher has assigned to you. You can find them on the Gimkit Join website under the Homework tab. You can play the homework games at any time before the deadline, and you can replay them as many times as you want to improve your score.
- Start to play. Once you have the game code from your teacher or from the homework game, you can enter it on the Gimkit Join website and join the game. You can select your name and avatar, and then you can start answering questions on your device. You can see your cash balance, your rank, and your upgrades and powerups on the screen. You can also chat with other players, send emojis, or report any issues during the game.
Using Gimkit Join in the Classroom
Gimkit Join can be used in the classroom for various learning activities and purposes. Here are some examples of how you can use it for different subjects and topics:
- Math: You can use Gimkit to review math concepts, such as fractions, decimals, percentages, or algebra. You can also use it to practice math skills, such as mental calculation, estimation, or problem-solving. You can create kits with different types of questions, such as multiple choice, fill in the blank, or short answer. You can also use images or graphs to illustrate the questions or the answers.
- Language: You can use Gimkit to review vocabulary, grammar, or spelling. You can also use it to practice reading comprehension, listening skills, or writing skills. You can create kits with questions that require students to identify synonyms, antonyms, definitions, or examples of words or phrases. You can also use audio or video clips to test students’ listening comprehension or pronunciation. You can also use short texts or sentences to test students’ reading comprehension or grammar knowledge.
- Science: You can use Gimkit to review science facts, concepts, or principles. You can also use it to practice science skills, such as observation, inference, or experimentation. You can create kits with questions that require students to recall facts, explain concepts, or apply principles. You can also use images or diagrams to show students scientific phenomena, processes, or structures. You can also use videos or animations to demonstrate scientific experiments, reactions, or effects.
- Social Studies: You can use Gimkit to review social studies topics, such as history, geography, or culture. You can also use it to practice social studies skills, such as research, analysis, or evaluation. You can create kits with questions that require students to recall dates, events, or facts. You can also use images or maps to show students historical or geographical features, locations, or landmarks. You can also use videos or documentaries to show students cultural or social aspects, issues, or perspectives.
Gimkit Join has many features that make it a powerful and versatile platform for learning. Here are some of the top features of Gimkit Join that you can use in your classroom:
- Game modes: Gimkit Join has different game modes that you can choose from, depending on your learning objectives, preferences, or styles. Some of the game modes are:
- Classic: The standard mode where students answer questions and earn cash.
- Team: The mode where students are divided into teams and compete against each other.
- Trust No One: The mode where students can steal cash from each other or protect themselves with shields.
- Humans vs. Zombies: The mode where students are either humans or zombies and try to infect or cure each other.
- KitCollab: The mode where students create their own questions for the game.
- Homework: The mode where students can play assigned games at home.
- Upgrades and powerups: Gimkit Join has a variety of upgrades and powerups that students can buy with their in-game cash. These can help them score more points, gain an advantage, or hinder their opponents. Some of the upgrades and powerups are:
- Multipliers: These increase the cash value of each question.
- Streak Bonuses: These reward students for answering consecutive questions correctly.
- Insurance: This protects students from losing cash for incorrect answers.
- Freeze: This freezes the screen of another player for a few seconds.
- Ice Breaker: This unfreezes the screen of a frozen player.
- Mimic: This copies the answer of another player.
- Disrupt: This changes the answer choices of another player.
- Leaderboard and stats: Gimkit Join has a leaderboard that shows the rank, cash, and score of each player. It also has stats that show the performance, accuracy, and progress of each player. These can help students monitor their learning, identify their strengths and weaknesses, and set their goals. Teachers can also use the leaderboard and stats to assess their students, provide feedback, and celebrate their achievements.
- Customization and personalization: Gimkit Join allows students to customize and personalize their experience. They can choose their name and avatar, and they can change the color and theme of their screen. They can also chat with other players, send emojis, or report any issues during the game. Teachers can also customize and personalize their games. They can adjust the settings, such as the time limit, the cash value, or the difficulty level. They can also add images, audio, or video to their questions or answers. They can also choose the game mode, the upgrades and powerups, and the music and sound effects.
To use Gimkit Join effectively and efficiently in your classroom, here are some tips and strategies that you can follow:
- Plan ahead: Before you start a game, make sure that you have a clear learning objective, a suitable kit, and a compatible device for each student. You can also prepare some instructions, rules, or expectations for your students, and some questions, prompts, or discussions for after the game.
- Test it out: Before you host a game, make sure that you test it out yourself or with a small group of students. You can check if the questions and answers are correct, clear, and relevant. You can also check if the game code, the game mode, and the game settings are working properly. You can also check if the devices, the internet connection, and the sound system are functioning well.
- Monitor and facilitate: During the game, make sure that you monitor and facilitate the game. You can observe how your students are playing, how they are interacting, and how they are learning. You can also provide guidance, support, or feedback to your students. You can also intervene if there are any technical issues, behavioral problems, or learning difficulties.
- Review and reflect: After the game, make sure that you review and reflect on the game. You can use the leaderboard and stats to review and reflect on the game. You can use the leaderboard and stats to see how your students performed, what they learned, and what they need to improve. You can also ask your students to share their feedback, opinions, or suggestions about the game. You can also ask them to reflect on their learning process, their strategies, and their outcomes. You can also discuss the main points, the key concepts, or the essential questions of the game topic.
Gimkit Join is a live learning game show platform that can transform your classroom learning into a fun and interactive experience. It allows you to create or choose from thousands of kits, host live games with your students, and let them answer questions, earn cash, and buy upgrades and powerups. It also helps your students review and reinforce their knowledge, practice their skills, and develop their critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. It also fosters collaboration, competition, and motivation among your students. Moreover, it makes learning fun and engaging, as your students enjoy the game show atmosphere, the colorful graphics, and the sound effects. To join a Gimkit game, you just need to create an account or log in, create or access a kit, and enter the game code. To use Gimkit Join in your classroom, you can choose from different game modes, use various upgrades and powerups, and customize and personalize your games. You can also plan ahead, test it out, monitor and facilitate, and review and reflect on your games. Gimkit Join is a powerful and versatile platform that can enhance your teaching and learning. Try it out today and see the difference!