Fansly and OnlyFans are two of the most popular platforms for content creators who want to monetize their work and connect with their fans. Both platforms allow creators to upload various types of content, such as photos, videos, live streams, and blogs, and charge their fans a monthly subscription fee or a one-time tip to access it. However, there are also some significant differences between the two platforms, especially when it comes to adult content.
In this article, we will explore what Fansly is, how it compares to OnlyFans, and whether it is better than OnlyFans for both creators and viewers.
What is Fansly?
Fansly is a content subscription platform that was launched in 2020 as an alternative to mainstream platforms. Fansly is mainly geared towards adult content creators, who can share their explicit content with their fans without worrying about censorship or bans. Fansly claims to offer more features, flexibility, and transparency than other platforms, as well as a higher payout rate for creators.
Some of the features and benefits of Fansly are:
- Monetization tools: Fansly provides creators with various ways to earn money from their content, such as tiered subscription models, pay-per-view content, tipping, and referral programs. Creators can also set their own subscription prices and customize their pages to suit their personal brand.
- Customization: Fansly allows creators to have both free and paid pages under one domain, which makes it easier for potential fans to see their content and decide whether to subscribe. Creators can also choose which content is free and which is exclusive, and offer different tiers of access to their fans.
- Transparency and payouts: Fansly prides itself on its transparent fee structure, which shows creators exactly how much they are earning and how much the platform is taking. Fansly takes a 15% cut of the total earnings, which is lower than other platforms. Creators can also request payouts within three days, with a minimum amount of $100. Fansly supports various payment methods, such as bank transfers, Skrill, and Paxum.
Fansly vs OnlyFans
OnlyFans is a more established and well-known platform than Fansly, as it was launched in 2016 and has over 220 million registered users and 3 million registered creators. OnlyFans is also used by a wider range of content creators, not just adult ones, such as fitness trainers, musicians, and chefs. OnlyFans also handles all the payment processing for creators, and offers advanced page analytics, community polls, and stories.
However, there are also some drawbacks and challenges that OnlyFans faces, such as:
- Content guidelines and restrictions: OnlyFans has faced pressure from banks and payment processors to ban or limit adult content on its platform, which has caused uncertainty and frustration among its creators and fans. In August 2021, OnlyFans announced that it would prohibit sexually explicit content from October 2021, but later reversed the decision after backlash from its users. However, the future of adult content on OnlyFans remains unclear, as the platform still has to comply with the policies of its financial partners.
- User interface and features: OnlyFans has a less user-friendly and intuitive interface than Fansly, according to some creators’ reviews on Reddit. OnlyFans also does not allow creators to have free and paid pages under one domain, which means that they have to create separate accounts for different types of content. OnlyFans also does not offer as much customization and flexibility as Fansly, such as different tiers of access and pay-per-view content.
- Revenue share model: OnlyFans takes a 20% cut of the total earnings of creators, which is higher than Fansly’s 15%. OnlyFans also has a longer payout schedule, which can take up to seven days, and a higher minimum payout amount, which is $200. OnlyFans supports fewer payment methods than Fansly, such as direct deposit, wire transfer, and Paxum.
Is Fansly Better Than OnlyFans?
The answer to this question depends on your goals and preferences as a creator or a viewer. Both platforms have their pros and cons, and each one might suit different types of content and audiences. Here are some factors to consider when choosing between Fansly and OnlyFans:
- Content type and niche: If you are a creator or a viewer of adult content, you might prefer Fansly over OnlyFans, as Fansly is more focused on adult content and offers more features and security for it. Fansly also has a smaller and more niche user base, which might make it easier for you to find and connect with your target audience. However, if you are a creator or a viewer of non-adult content, you might prefer OnlyFans over Fansly, as OnlyFans has a larger and more diverse user base, and hosts a wider range of content categories and genres.
- Features and benefits: If you are a creator or a viewer who values customization, flexibility, and transparency, you might prefer Fansly over OnlyFans, as Fansly offers more options and control over your content and earnings. Fansly also has a lower fee structure and a faster payout schedule than OnlyFans, which might appeal to you if you want to maximize your income and cash flow. However, if you are a creator or a viewer who values convenience, reliability, and user-friendliness, you might prefer OnlyFans over Fansly, as OnlyFans handles all the payment processing and offers advanced analytics and community features for your content.
- User reviews and experiences: If you are a creator or a viewer who wants to learn from the experiences and opinions of other users, you might want to check out some online reviews and forums about Fansly and OnlyFans. You can find some honest and helpful feedback from both creators and viewers on platforms such as Reddit, Quora, and Trustpilot. You can also look at some examples of successful and popular creators on both platforms, and see how they use the features and benefits of each platform to their advantage.
Fansly and OnlyFans are both popular and profitable platforms for content creators who want to monetize their work and connect with their fans. However, they are not exactly the same, and they have some significant differences that might affect your choice as a creator or a viewer. Fansly is a newer and more niche platform that is mainly geared towards adult content creators, and offers more features, flexibility, and transparency than OnlyFans. OnlyFans is a more established and well-known platform that hosts a wider range of content creators, and offers more convenience, reliability, and user-friendliness than Fansly. Ultimately, the best platform for you depends on your goals and preferences, and you might want to try out both platforms and see which one works better for you.