Redheads are often stereotyped as fiery, temperamental, and funny. But is there any truth to these claims? And who are some of the most famous redhead comedians in history and today?
In this article, we will explore the world of redhead comedy and introduce you to 26 of the most hilarious and influential redhead comedians of all time.
Male Redhead Comedians
- Redd Foxx: One of the pioneers of black comedy, Redd Foxx was known for his raunchy and edgy humor. He starred in the popular sitcom Sanford and Son and influenced many comedians such as Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, and Dave Chappelle.
- André van Duin: A Dutch comedian, actor, singer, and director, André van Duin is one of the most popular entertainers in the Netherlands. He is famous for his slapstick comedy, impersonations, and musical parodies.
- Louis C.K.: A controversial but acclaimed comedian, Louis C.K. is known for his dark, self-deprecating, and honest comedy. He created and starred in the Emmy-winning series Louie and has released several stand-up specials.
- Carrot Top: A prop comedian with distinctive red hair, Carrot Top uses various objects and inventions to create visual jokes. He has been performing in Las Vegas since 2005 and has appeared in several movies and TV shows.
- Conan O’Brien: A late-night talk show host, writer, producer, and comedian, Conan O’Brien is one of the most recognizable figures in American television. He hosted Late Night with Conan O’Brien and The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien before moving to TBS with Conan.
- Chris Addison: A British comedian, actor, writer, and director, Chris Addison is best known for his roles in the political satire shows The Thick of It and Veep. He is also a frequent panelist on Mock the Week and QI.
- Rhys Darby: A New Zealand comedian, actor, writer, and musician, Rhys Darby is famous for his role as Murray Hewitt in the comedy series Flight of the Conchords. He is also known for his energetic and quirky stand-up comedy.
- Seth Green: An actor, comedian, producer, writer, and director, Seth Green is the co-creator of the Emmy-winning animated series Robot Chicken. He is also known for his roles in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Austin Powers, Family Guy, and The Italian Job.
- Bill Burr: A stand-up comedian, actor, writer, and podcaster, Bill Burr is one of the most popular comedians in the world. He is known for his ranting style, observational humor, and social commentary. He created and stars in the animated series F Is for Family.
- Danny Bonaduce: A former child star who played Danny Partridge in The Partridge Family, Danny Bonaduce later became a radio personality and a reality TV star. He is also a comedian who has performed stand-up comedy at various venues.
- Domhnall Gleeson: An Irish actor, writer, and director, Domhnall Gleeson is best known for his roles in Harry Potter, Star Wars, Ex Machina, and About Time. He is also a comedian who has appeared in sketch shows such as Your Bad Self and Black Mirror.
Female Redhead Comedians
- Lucille Ball: One of the most iconic comedians of all time, Lucille Ball was the star of the classic sitcom I Love Lucy. She was also a producer, writer, and studio executive who paved the way for many female comedians.
- Kathy Griffin: A stand-up comedian, actress, writer, and producer, Kathy Griffin is known for her candid and controversial humor. She won two Emmy Awards for her reality show Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List and has released several comedy albums.
- Carol Burnett: A legendary comedian, actress, singer, and writer, Carol Burnett is the creator and star of The Carol Burnett Show, one of the most successful and influential variety shows in history. She has won six Emmy Awards, a Golden Globe Award, and a Mark Twain Prize for American Humor.
- Madeline Kahn: A versatile and talented comedian, actress, and singer, Madeline Kahn was known for her roles in Mel Brooks’ films such as Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, and High Anxiety. She was also nominated for two Academy Awards and won a Tony Award for her work on Broadway.
- Ellie Kemper: A comedian, actress, and writer, Ellie Kemper is best known for her roles as Erin Hannon on The Office and Kimmy Schmidt on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. She is also a contributor to The Onion and McSweeney’s.
- Catherine Tate: A British comedian, actress, and writer, Catherine Tate is famous for her sketch show The Catherine Tate Show, which featured her popular characters such as Lauren Cooper, Nan Taylor, and Derek Faye. She is also known for her roles in Doctor Who, The Office, and Much Ado About Nothing.
- Bonnie McFarlane: A stand-up comedian, actress, writer, and director, Bonnie McFarlane is known for her sharp and witty humor. She was a finalist on the second season of Last Comic Standing and has appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and Comedy Central Presents.
- Debra Messing: An actress, comedian, and producer, Debra Messing is best known for her role as Grace Adler on the hit sitcom Will & Grace. She has won an Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and six Screen Actors Guild Awards for her performance. She has also starred in films such as The Wedding Date, The Women, and Nothing Like the Holidays.
- Aileen Quinn: An actress, singer, and dancer, Aileen Quinn is best known for her role as Annie in the 1982 film adaptation of the musical Annie. She was nominated for two Golden Globe Awards and a Grammy Award for her performance. She has also appeared in other films and TV shows such as The Frog Prince, The Charmings, and Multiple Sarcasms.
- Nicole Kidman: An actress, producer, and singer, Nicole Kidman is one of the most successful and acclaimed stars in Hollywood. She has won an Academy Award, two Emmy Awards, five Golden Globe Awards, and a BAFTA Award for her diverse and challenging roles in films such as Moulin Rouge!, The Hours, The Others, Lion, and Big Little Lies. She is also a comedian who has shown her funny side in films such as To Die For, Bewitched, Paddington, and The Prom.
Famous Redhead Comedians in The 21st Century
- Hannah Gadsby: An Australian comedian, writer, and actor, Hannah Gadsby rose to international fame with her groundbreaking stand-up special Nanette, which tackled topics such as trauma, identity, and art. She followed it up with another acclaimed special, Douglas, which explored autism, feminism, and dogs.
- Amy Schumer: An American stand-up comedian, actress, writer, and producer, Amy Schumer is one of the most popular and influential comedians of today. She created and starred in the sketch comedy series Inside Amy Schumer and has appeared in films such as Trainwreck, I Feel Pretty, and Snatched.
- Russell Brand: A British comedian, actor, writer, and activist, Russell Brand is known for his eccentric and provocative style of comedy. He has hosted several TV and radio shows such as The Russell Brand Show and Brand X with Russell Brand and has starred in films such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Get Him to the Greek, and Arthur.
- Ricky Gervais: A British comedian, actor, writer, director, and producer, Ricky Gervais is the co-creator and star of the original version of The Office, which spawned several adaptations around the world. He is also known for his other comedy series such as Extras, Derek, and After Life, and his hosting gigs at the Golden Globe Awards.
- Sarah Silverman: An American stand-up comedian, actress, writer, and producer, Sarah Silverman is known for her satirical and controversial humor. She created and starred in the Emmy-nominated series The Sarah Silverman Program and has released several comedy specials such as Jesus Is Magic, We Are Miracles, and A Speck of Dust.
These are just some of the many redhead comedians who have made us laugh over the years. Whether they are natural or dyed redheads, they all share a common trait: they are hilarious. So next time you see a redhead on stage or on screen, be prepared to be entertained by their fiery comedy.