Gypsy Rose Blanchard is a woman who was convicted of killing her abusive mother, Dee Dee Blanchard, in 2015, with the help of her then-boyfriend Nicholas Godejohn. She was sentenced to 10 years in prison, but was released early in December 2023. While in prison, she married Ryan Scott Anderson, a teacher from Louisiana, in 2022. But did she cheat on him with another man? The answer is no. Despite some rumors and speculations, there is no evidence that Gypsy Rose was unfaithful to her husband. In fact, the couple is still together and happy, according to their recent statements and social media posts. Here is the full story of Gypsy Rose and Ryan’s relationship, the controversy surrounding their marriage, and where they are now.
Gypsy Rose Blanchard’s Relationships
Her Ex-Fiancé Ken
Before she met Ryan, Gypsy Rose was engaged to a man named Ken, whom she also met online. Ken was a 35-year-old father of two, who lived in Wisconsin. He claimed that he fell in love with Gypsy Rose after watching the HBO documentary Mommy Dead and Dearest, which chronicled her case and the abuse she suffered from her mother. He wrote to her in prison, and they soon started a romantic relationship. He even proposed to her with a ring that he bought from Walmart, and she accepted. However, their engagement did not last long, as Gypsy Rose broke up with him in 2019, after finding out that he had a criminal record and a history of domestic violence. She also accused him of lying to her and using her for fame and money.
Her Marriage to Ryan Scott Anderson
After ending things with Ken, Gypsy Rose met Ryan Scott Anderson, a 37-year-old middle school special education teacher from Lake Charles, Louisiana. He reached out to her in 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, after watching the Hulu series The Act, which dramatized her story. He said that he was intrigued by her personality and resilience, and wanted to offer her support and friendship. They started exchanging letters and phone calls, and soon developed a romantic connection. They got married in June 2022, in a small ceremony in prison, attended by Gypsy Rose’s father, Rod, and stepmother, Kristy. Ryan said that he loved Gypsy Rose for who she was, and that he was not bothered by her past or her incarceration. He also said that he wanted to start a family with her, and that he was ready to welcome her into his home once she was released.
The Controversy Surrounding Gypsy and Ryan’s Marriage
Did Gypsy Cheat on Ryan?
In October 2022, just four months after their wedding, Gypsy Rose shocked her family and friends by announcing that she wanted to annul her marriage with Ryan. She wrote a letter to her loved ones, saying that she and Ryan were in different places in their lives, and that it was too difficult to walk a path together. She also said that there was no fault to either of them, and that she wished him the best. This sparked rumors and speculations that Gypsy Rose had cheated on Ryan with another man, who was allegedly a prison guard. Some sources claimed that Gypsy Rose had fallen in love with the guard, and that he had promised to help her get out of prison sooner. However, these allegations were never confirmed, and Gypsy Rose denied them. She said that she did not cheat on Ryan, and that she was just going through a rough patch in her marriage.
Timeline of Events
The timeline of events that led to Gypsy Rose’s decision to annul her marriage with Ryan is unclear, but here are some possible factors that may have influenced her:
- In August 2022, Gypsy Rose’s ex-boyfriend, Nicholas Godejohn, who was serving a life sentence for killing her mother, gave an interview to Dr. Phil, in which he said that he still loved Gypsy Rose, and that he hoped to reconnect with her someday. He also said that he regretted killing Dee Dee, and that he wished he could have saved Gypsy Rose in a different way. He also claimed that Gypsy Rose was the mastermind behind the murder, and that he was just following her orders. This may have upset Gypsy Rose, and made her question her feelings for Nicholas, as well as her role in the crime.
- In September 2022, Gypsy Rose received a letter from her mother’s family, who had cut off contact with her after the murder. They said that they forgave her for what she did, and that they wanted to rebuild their relationship with her. They also said that they were proud of her for getting married, and that they hoped to meet Ryan someday. This may have touched Gypsy Rose, and made her reconsider her estrangement from her mother’s side of the family. It may have also made her feel guilty for killing her mother, and for moving on with her life.
- In October 2022, Gypsy Rose learned that she was eligible for parole, and that she could be released from prison as early as December 2023. This may have excited Gypsy Rose, and made her look forward to her freedom and future. It may have also made her nervous, and made her wonder if she was ready to face the outside world, and to live with Ryan as his wife. She may have felt overwhelmed by the pressure and expectations, and decided to end her marriage with Ryan, to give herself some space and time to figure things out.
Speculations and Rumors
Besides the cheating rumor, there were other speculations and rumors that circulated about Gypsy Rose and Ryan’s marriage, such as:
- Ryan was only with Gypsy Rose for fame and money, and that he was using her to promote his music career. He was allegedly a rapper, who went by the stage name “Big Daddy”. He had released some songs on YouTube, in which he rapped about Gypsy Rose and her case. Some of his lyrics were: “I’m Big Daddy, and I’m here to say / I love my baby Gypsy in a major way / She’s the best thing that ever happened to me / She’s my queen, and I’m her king / We’re gonna make it through anything”. Some people criticized Ryan for exploiting Gypsy Rose and her story, and for being insensitive and disrespectful to her mother’s memory.
- Gypsy Rose was pregnant with Ryan’s child, and that they got married because of that. Some sources claimed that Gypsy Rose had conceived a baby with Ryan during one of their conjugal visits, and that they decided to tie the knot to legitimize their child. They also claimed that Gypsy Rose had a miscarriage, and that this caused a rift in their marriage. However, these claims were never verified, and Gypsy Rose denied them. She said that she was not pregnant, and that she and Ryan got married because they loved each other.
Where Are Gypsy and Ryan Now?
Current Status of Their Relationship
Despite announcing their annulment in October 2022, Gypsy Rose and Ryan did not go through with it, and instead reconciled their marriage. They said that they realized that they still loved each other, and that they wanted to work on their relationship. They said that they had some misunderstandings and communication issues, but that they were able to overcome them. They also said that they had the support of their families and friends, who encouraged them to stay together. They said that they were happy and grateful, and that they looked forward to starting a new chapter in their lives.
Gypsy’s Release from Prison and Life After
Gypsy Rose was released from prison on December 28, 2023, after serving eight years of her 10-year sentence. She was granted early parole for good behavior and participation in educational and vocational programs. She said that she was excited and nervous to leave prison, and that she hoped to make a positive contribution to society. She said that she wanted to advocate for awareness and prevention of Munchausen by proxy, the psychological disorder that her mother had, and that made her abuse her. She said that she wanted to use her platform and her voice to help other victims and survivors of abuse. She also said that she wanted to pursue her education and career goals, and that she was interested in becoming a nurse or a lawyer. She said that she wanted to live a normal and peaceful life, and that she hoped to be forgiven and accepted by the public.
Ryan’s Reaction to the HBO Documentary
The HBO documentary “The Girl in the Chair” explored Gypsy’s case in detail, potentially reigniting old rumors and speculations. However, Ryan has remained supportive, defending Gypsy against online negativity and expressing his faith in their relationship.
The accusations of Gypsy’s infidelity have been sensationalized, fueled by incomplete information and online gossip. While Gypsy’s past relationships and online interactions might have created confusion, there is no factual evidence to substantiate the cheating claims. As Gypsy navigates her newfound freedom and Ryan continues to stand by her side, their focus seems firmly fixed on building a future together, leaving the whispers of the past behind.tunesharemore_vertadd_photo_alternate