In case you’re a Peloton enthusiast contemplating a respite or considering alternate services, the cancellation or suspension of your membership might pose a challenge. This piece guides you through the management of your Peloton membership. It provides information regardless of whether you possess an All-Access Membership, which includes the Peloton Bike, Tread, or Row, or a Digital Membership offering exclusive access to the Peloton app.
Why you might want to cancel or pause your Peloton membership
Numerous factors could prompt you to consider halting or discontinuing your Peloton membership. Here are a few examples:
- You are not satisfied with the quality or variety of the classes offered by Peloton.
- You find the monthly fee too expensive or not worth the value.
- An injury or a medical issue hampers your ability to maintain regular physical activity.
- You are traveling or moving to a different location where you cannot use your Peloton device or app.
- You want to try out a different fitness service or app that suits your needs better.
- You simply need a break from your fitness routine and want to save some money.
Whatever your reason is, you have the right to cancel or pause your Peloton membership at any time. However, there are some differences and implications depending on the type of membership you have and the method you use to cancel or pause it.
How to cancel or pause your Peloton membership online
The easiest and fastest way to cancel or pause your Peloton membership is online through the Peloton website or app. Here are the steps for each type of membership:
An All-Access Membership is the one that comes with a Peloton Bike, Tread or Row. It costs £39 per month and gives you unlimited access to all the classes and features on your device and on the app. You can share this membership with up to five other people in your household.
To cancel or pause your All-Access Membership online, follow these steps:
- Go to onepeloton.com/mymembership and sign in with your email and password.
- Click on “Manage” next to your subscription and then click on “Pause or cancel”.
- Decide on either suspending or terminating your membership. Opting for suspension allows selection of its length – a span of one, two, or three months. Opting for termination prompts a request for decision verification and feedback submission.
- Adhere to on-screen directions for finalizing the process.
Membership pause initiates at the start of your next billing cycle, auto-resuming when the pause ends. Access to Peloton content on your device or app becomes unavailable during this time. Unpausing the membership remains a choice, feasible through device log-in or onepeloton.com/mymembership.
On canceling the membership, it ends promptly. All Peloton content on the device and app, along with saved workouts, achievements, and profile progress, vanishes. Reactivating your membership is an available option at any time, achievable through device log-in or onepeloton.com/mymembership.
A Digital Membership is the one that only gives you access to the Peloton app without requiring a Peloton device. It costs £12.99 per month and gives you unlimited access to all the classes and features on the app. You can use this membership on up to two devices at a time.
To cancel or pause your Digital Membership online, follow these steps:
- Go to members.onepeloton.com and sign in with your email and password.
- Click on “Settings” in the top right corner of the screen and then click on “Subscription”.
- Click on “Cancel Subscription” at the bottom of the page.
- Choose whether you want to pause or cancel your subscription. If you choose to pause, you can select the duration of the pause (1 month / 2 months / 3 months). If you choose to cancel, you will be asked to confirm your decision and provide feedback.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
If you pause your subscription, it will take effect immediately and then resume automatically at the end of the pause period. During this time, you will not be able to access any Peloton content on the app. You can also unpause your subscription at any time by logging into your account on members.onepeloton.com.
If you cancel your subscription, it will take effect immediately and you will lose access to all Peloton content on the app. You will also lose any saved workouts, achievements and progress on your profile. You can reactivate your subscription at any time by logging into your account on members.onepeloton.com.
How to cancel or pause your Peloton membership offline
If you prefer to cancel or pause your Peloton membership offline, you can do so by contacting the Peloton Support Team. Here are the ways to reach them:
- Phone: Call 0808 169 6469 (UK) or +44 808 169 6469 (International) from Monday to Friday, 6 AM to 8 PM GMT, or Saturday and Sunday, 8 AM to 4 PM GMT.
- Live Chat: Visit support.onepeloton.com and click on the chat icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. You can use the chat feature from Monday to Friday between 6 AM and 12 AM ET, and over the weekend from 7 AM to 9 PM ET.
- Email: Reach out to [email protected]. In your message, include your name, email, phone number, and a concise rationale for your desire to halt or suspend your membership.
When you contact the Peloton Support Team, make sure to have your Peloton account information ready and specify whether you have an All-Access Membership or a Digital Membership. The team will guide you through the process and confirm your request.
Tips for preventing an automatic renewal of your Peloton membership
If you want to avoid being charged for another month of your Peloton membership, you need to cancel or pause it before your next billing date. You can check your billing date by logging into your account on onepeloton.com/mymembership or members.onepeloton.com and looking at the “Next Payment” section.
Set a reminder in your calendar or on your phone to alert you days ahead of your billing date. This gives you the choice to continue or halt your membership. Consider using a prepaid or virtual card with a capped balance or expiration date for membership payments, preventing automatic charges.
Peloton, the well-known fitness platform, caters to diverse user needs with its array of classes and features. Yet, if the need arises to either cancel or halt your Peloton subscription, various strategies are available. These methods include digital options via the Peloton website or app, or alternatively, an offline approach by reaching out to the Peloton Support Team. To prevent unwanted automatic membership renewals, one might consider cancellation or suspension prior to the next billing cycle. This could be achieved by marking a reminder on a calendar or phone, or even by utilizing a prepaid or virtual card.
This piece aims to provide clarity on how to swiftly and effortlessly cancel or halt your Peloton membership. Should you have any inquiries or thoughts, you’re encouraged to share them in the comment section below.
Frequently asked questions about Peloton membership cancellation
Typical inquiries and responses related to ending or suspending your Peloton membership include:
Is a refund available upon canceling my Peloton membership?
No, Peloton does not offer refunds for any unused portion of your membership. When you terminate your membership, Peloton content remains accessible until your present billing cycle concludes.
Can I transfer my Peloton membership to someone else?
Peloton memberships remain strictly non-transferable, disallowing sharing with individuals beyond your home. If your aim is to provide another person with access to Peloton material, the method involves creating a fresh profile for them linked to your account. They can then utilize your device or application.
Can I keep my Peloton profile if I cancel my membership?
Maintaining your Peloton profile post-membership cancellation is possible. That said, access to Peloton content or features becomes restricted until membership reactivation. Any stored workouts, earned achievements, and progress stand forfeited from your profile.
Can I switch between an All-Access Membership and a Digital Membership?
Indeed, it is possible to transition from an All-Access Membership to a Digital Membership and vice versa. To effect this change, cancellation of the existing membership must precede the registration for the new one. Dual memberships simultaneously are not permissible.